Topic: Scary Books

Yo, i need to read a very scary book, not a scary one but a very scary one. I am currently reading salems lot, it's a good and interesting book but it's not that scary to be honest. So if anyone knows any good books that shud scare the livin shit out of me then plz post, cheers.

Re: Scary Books

Yeee.... The last one I read that literally gave me the creeps was Pet Semetary, and then the whole ending left me cold.

I am looking everywhere for Brian Keene's books, guess I will have to special order them, sniff.

try The Ruins by Scott Smith, I totally enjoyed it:)

Last edited by thedeadshallrule (2006-11-16 12:28:01)

Go to Brian Keene's website and he has a publishing house that you can order all of his stuff from, I found them at Borders a bookstore kind of like B and N. Scary is subjective, I really don't get scared by novels, maybe creeped out but not scared. I can recommend Midnight Mass by F. Paul Wilson, Off Season or The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum, The Rising by Brian Keene, Come Out Tonight or One Rainy Night by Richard Laymon, or Infernal Angel and City Infernal by Edward Lee

THE KEEP by F. Paul Wilson I cannot recommend highly enough.  The prelude will have you hooked and it is scary, suspenseful...a wonderfully written story.

THE STAND by Stephen King, though not that scary...is very good.

I second the Keep, it is an awesome story, a little creepy but not scary but definately worth the read.

here are the books that scared me
The Ghosts of Sleath
The Dark
Creed
The Others
all made by James herbert

also Shaun Hutson
Lucy's child (must read)
Spawn
Slugs (gory)
breeding ground (gory)

thks H2K...I just remembered an old Koontz book Twilight Eyes... dude can see demons hiding in people and he works as carnie, good book.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

i am currently reading the Stand, and it is fantastic. im about half way through it and i really love it. if u can find it get R.L. Stine's adult novel Superstitious, it isnt really scarry, its more gruesome and creepy, but its really good. the shining is also very good.

i am reading the Stand as well and i am on page 250 Now
so far good

That's a good one Dead, if you like Koontz try out Intensity, that is the book right there. Yea boy, Ya'herd. See I got ghetto on ya'll right there. I need to move......

I never liked Stine.

And are you guys reading the original cut of THE STAND or the abridged version?

The Shining by Stephen King

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I never liked Stine.

mabey not, but i still sugest u check it out, is alot better than his childrens books that he wrote

Try the Books of Blood by Clive Barker. Some weird and wonderful stuff in those stories. Some creepy, some scary and some just plain out there.

i havent really been able to find those anywhere, im gonna check at a used book store near me, but any kno where else to get em? (i dont like ebay)

deathgate666 wrote:

i havent really been able to find those anywhere, im gonna check at a used book store near me, but any kno where else to get em? (i dont like ebay)

They are available from amazon see link below for info.
(snip)
But if you don't like amazon your best bet would be to try a local book and ask if they would order it for you (usually you only need the book title and ISBN number, which you could get from the amazon site) or try a used book store thats where I found the second volume.

You won't regret the work you put into finding these beauties deathgate.

EDIT* I just noticed in another thread that an amazon link has been removed because it gets abused. So I removed mine, but it is available there - just search it.

Last edited by TacTac (2006-11-18 21:05:44)

the last scary book I read was Quji Board and it was a long time ago lets just say I never played with one again lol..

thegoldensimatar wrote:

THE KEEP by F. Paul Wilson I cannot recommend highly enough.  The prelude will have you hooked and it is scary, suspenseful...a wonderfully written story.

I just finished THE KEEP by F. Paul Wilson, wow, thanks for recommending it Golden:)
loved it.

Graham Masterton is very cool...The Manitou and Charnel House are both worth checking out...

i am about to start silence of the lambs but i want to pick up some of Clive Barker book hopefully i can find some of his books.