Topic: Toe Tags

How do I find out how many toe tags I have?  I want to enter contests, but I'm never sure if I have enough toe tags!:/

Re: Toe Tags

look under your name on the left smile

Check your toes.  lol  I crack myself up sometime!  tongue

But yeah, they are listed below your name/avatar.

Boy do I feel silly now!  Thanks Guys!

Dont worry about it.  Sometimes you over look these things

no sweat chubungie.

Total noob question, but what do the toe tags do exactly? I assume they're contest related, but how does it actually work?

TheFecalKid wrote:

Total noob question, but what do the toe tags do exactly? I assume they're contest related, but how does it actually work?

Everytime you post, you get 1 toe tag. You make a post, you get 3 toe tags. And if you submit a review, it can range from 10-50 toe tags, depending on how good it is. You can also earn them by submitting posters if there isn't any that no one has posted. Basically, getting toe tags is easy and in fact important. The more you post and what not, the more you get. Bottomline, they earn you free stuff, which is basically go towards the contests. So the more you have, the better chance you can win something. That's what toe tags are. Also, if and when you win something due to your toe tags, your number of toe tags will be reset to 0 and you start all over. But you can win contests as much as you want. I think i covered all the basis relating to toe tags.

It never occured to me that toetags were for anything, hahhaha, how's that for n00balicious.
I just thought that they were a sort of numerical/visual representation demarcating one's level of participation. Shows what I know:)

it does indeed mark your participation level as well as earn you some cool free shit.... smile

So Meh has 567. That means he hasn't won anything in awhile. As soon as he does, it goes back to 0. I gotcha.The submitting reviews thing is great, because I've been writing reviews for another site for over a year now. Goddamn, I love this site.

TheFecalKid wrote:

So Meh has 567. That means he hasn't won anything in awhile. As soon as he does, it goes back to 0. I gotcha.The submitting reviews thing is great, because I've been writing reviews for another site for over a year now. Goddamn, I love this site.

Right. That is correct. But since he is one of the main members who in facts runs the site, he doesn't win anything. So he gives everyone a chance to win some awesome prizes, instead of him keeping them for himself. As far as we know. LOL. j/k Meh. lol But see you don't necessarily need to be at number 1 or the top 5 to win something. Anyone who has over 20 toetags has a chance at winning something. We just don't know who will win nor what we will win. But however the top 5 members or so always has a greater advantage at winning something. So no matter what. If you keep on posting and what not, you will win something.

Goddamn good system. A lot of motivation to be active on here.

Basically what happens is we run a ton of contests. If you do a search for 'contest' you will see just how many ALOT of stuff gets given away. I get a real high giving shit away

Sometimes we do contests where its email your entry, somtimes its email but you have to have 50 toetags. Sometimes we take the top 5 members and give em something cool and other times we just randomly give away stuff to active members.

Its fun running this site, and one of the things I enjoy most is rewarding those folks who help make this site what it is.

So is there a "ranked" list of toe tags, or do we just compare them off of the people we see on here? I only ask, because it'd be funny to see the differences between #1 and say, #100.

i dont think there is a list of top toe tag holders actually, considering how fast it can change i doubt there would be.

just check the tag number of those who post here regularly and you will have a good idea of any competition for those contests.

In that case You > Me

On the home page theres a top 20 list http://www.horror-movies.ca/

lol ok so there is a list i guess, time to get the eyes checked.

I never really pay attention to the toe tags. I'm almost to 1000. Ha, I remember when I first joined and I was just like "YEAH, 100 toe tags!" tongue

What in the sweetness is your avatar from? I know what it is, but it's haunting me.

I was thinking that it was like a little game...where when you post, you'd kill someone (this is a Horror forum after all, lol) so you would have your post count and then your kill count.

I'm glad to see that I was wrong, and it goes towards contests.  Very cool.  big_smile

Toetags only count towards the "member of the month" contest which is based on the amount of toetags that a member has when Meh picks the winner.
He just changed the rules so at the start of every month all tags are reset to zero to create a level playing field and prevent non-reviewing members who are post whores (like me) from winning by default wink
It's a fairer system and proves beyond doubt that he hates me wink lol:lol:

chubungie wrote:

Boy do I feel silly now!  Thanks Guys!

You're silly.

Good post - this actually cleared up many questions.