Topic: What do you guy's think about The Eye (Gin gwai), the asian versian?

I'm thinking about seeing it, I want to know what you all think about it.

Re: What do you guy's think about The Eye (Gin gwai), the asian versian?

This is definitely a must own for your collection. Definitely considered one of the best asian horror movies. I loved every second of this movie and definitely has that creepy feel to it, which sets the mood and tone perfectly. There are definitely points throughout the movie that will definitely make you jump. If you come across it, buy it.

I'm interested to whether or not, The Eye (Chinese Version) can scare me more than 4 time's, like jump out of my skin scare's, that to me make's the movie more fun. That and a interesting story/cast, etc.

I can sure tell you that this movie will have you jumping a couple of times. It has been a while since i have seen it last. But what i remember, there are definitely times that certain scenes will make you jump, or just go "What the Fuck?"

It's an above average Asian horror.  A lot better than the remake thats for sure, but there are many better asian horrors than this one

I actually prefer the second one.  The first one is really good and creepy until she gets out of the elevator.  Then it completely looses me because it seems to get away from the atmosphere it was setting up.  Have not seen the remake and probably won't until dvd.

I have no plans to watch the neutered version. The original is pretty good. It does have a ghost kid, unfortunately. It does get creepy and for me only lets down a little at the end. Worth a watch, for sure.

I haven't seen much asian horror before, but I have been wanting to see the original of this because of the positive reviews

the5thdroog wrote:

I actually prefer the second one.

thought i was the only one that liked 2 more than 1.

I give it two disembodied thumbs up.  Liked it a lot.

Do you guy's consider this movie, better than "Shutter" (Thai version)?

hybrid moments wrote:
the5thdroog wrote:

I actually prefer the second one.

thought i was the only one that liked 2 more than 1.

Look at our avatars, I think we have more in common than we might think.:)  I just thought the second one seemed to be the more complete movie.

jbeannie wrote:

Do you guy's consider this movie, better than "Shutter" (Thai version)?

Wow! Now that's a real tough call on that one. See i loved both movies as an equel and each one both have the same level of scare factor that sets the right mood that really gives you those urge to jump. So i would say, Shutter is a tad better than The Eye. But not to much better.

The reason I ask this, whether or not shutter (thai version) is better than the eye (chinese version),
is because crunchyroll.com, gave shutter a rating of 4.7, and the eye 4.8, they apparently have a weird rating system. And then they gave ring 0 a 4.8, and ringu a 4.7, and a tale of two sisters 4.7, which confuses me.

Well, I don't know about this movie scary-wise, it is however good story-wise I think, and the actor's in it are very believable.

Sorry, but I think Shutter is scarier than this movie, but since some people like the eye 2, I might just see that.

Because I think this movie is missing something to make it better.

This movie I think is a better 6th sense, it also kind of remind's me of final destination.