Topic: The Dresden Files..new Sci Fi series starting in January 2007

I'm not sure where exactly to post this, but I'm pretty excited.  I really liked the tone and content of the novels.  I hope Sci Fi can do it justice.

Here's the link.  http://www.scifi.com/dresden/index.html

Re: The Dresden Files..new Sci Fi series starting in January 2007

Yea I saw a promo for this on Sci Fi the other day.. I've never heard of the novels before..

They're fast, light reads.  A mixture of hard boiled detective novels with magic and a little bit of humor thrown in.  The novels are just fun.

I saw previews for this when i was watching The Lost Room( really good if your into the mystery suspense type show). It looks realy interesting and like it will have a good plot.

I live in Toronto and they've been filming this series for 2 or 3 months just down the street from me.  They've taken over an old Mercedes Benz dealership and converted it into a Chicago Police station.

interesting, you should go take some pics for us smile

I'll see what I can do.  The film crew moves in and out.  They weren't there today.  One day the place is empty, then the next day there's a fleet of transport trucks full of equipment parked all along Lakeshore Blvd. and several "Chicago" police cars parked in the parking lot.  I usually drive by it several times a day (it's half way between my home and office) and haven't yet seen any filming being done outside the building, although they'll sometimes have studio lights outside shining in through the windows.

I noticed in one of the promo shots, an old, triangle-shaped building in the background.  It's called the "Flat Iron" builiding and is located about a 15 minute drive from the Mercedes dealership, in the main business district of Toronto.

Last edited by mbriant (2007-01-14 19:53:05)

Sneak peek at Dresden police station set.

Here you go.  Nothing too interesting.  I took a couple of pics from my car window this morning.  They're not shooting at this location at the moment, so there's not much to see.  I believe they've created office sets inside which may or may not be limited to the police station.  Chances are, since the building is so big, they've created sets for other locations as well.  You'll notice the Chicago Police sign at the top, but since there's only one, I imagine they only shoot the entrance of the building and not the entire building.  I've seen Chicago Police cars in the parking lot at times as well.  The pointed roof above the sign should make spotting this location easy. There used to be another Chicago Police sign above the doors ( where the two planks of wood are ) but it's been removed.   

To see the pics, go to the following site.  The password is "  Dresden  " .   If you click on a thumbnail pic, it will enlarge.

http://imageevent.com/mbriant/dresdench … icestation

PS: Sticking out above and behind that building, in the distance are two identical brown residential high-rise buildings. They are part of a large government subsidized housing complex that Michael Moore touted as a typical Canadian subsidized housing project in "Bowling For Columbine". He showed the low-rise units located between those two buildings. (which can't be seen in these photos.)

Last edited by mbriant (2007-01-17 16:33:53)