Topic: Have a scary Christmas....

With the re-release of the original Black Christmas on Dec 5th and the remake following that I thought I would post a list of some other creepy, Christmas, cinematic, gems.

Silent night , Deadly Night AKA Slayride from 1984
Don't Open Till Christmas from 1985
Santa Claws from 1997
"All Through The House" from the first season of TFTC
Santa's Slay from 2005
Santa Claus Conquers The martians from 1964 (see the mst3k version)
of course Black Cristmas from 1975

I'm sure there are more so if you guys can think of any add them to the list. There are other non-horror movies I have to watch during the season like Chritstmas vactaion and The Ref but nothing beats a deranged Santa killing off some half naked co-eds.

Re: Have a scary Christmas....

Hard2Kill wrote:

Santa Claus Conquers The martians from 1964 (see the mst3k

Agreed, I love the Satallite of Love version.  Also I would add Tales from the Crypt (1972) the original British Anthology, I believe it is the first story with the Santa serial killer trying to break in. (Now that I think about it, I wonder if the Tales episode you mentioned is a remake of that?)

Santas Slay and Christmas Evil are two that are pretty bad but they reach that level of absurdity that they are great films.

Especially the Rankin Bass parody in Santa's Slay!  Classic cheesy goodness.

I actually think it is a remake Bulin, I remember seeing a quote or something where the director of the newer version said that the earlier one scared the crap out of him when he was young. I agree Goon most Chrismas horror is pretty campy and lame but man cannot live on rudolph and the charlie brown christmas alone.

I don't think it was a remake more like a parody.. I think that he said that in the special features on the DVD.. You would be surprised how much you can learn from just watching all the special features on DVDs nowadays about horror movies..

You basically said em' all Hard2Kill.  Can't wait for Christmas to roll around.

yeah christmas and horror movies go well together and i still have to watch santas slay so ill have to watch it this christmas.

I'm going to add Gremlins to the list. Great film to watch with some brandy and egg nog!