Topic: Eating Habits

Hi, I am new to the forums, but what brought me here was Deadlands. I worked on Deadlands as a makeup artist with my best friend (http://www.spaghettiindustries.com)

But I wanted also to share that Christian and I Wrote, and are directing and doing the FX for our own short film, Eating Habits.

The website is http://www.eatinghabitsmovie.net

It has a teaser trailer and a synopsis that tells you a little bit about the film. It is not a zombie film, but rather a cannibalistic serial killer film in the vien of Albert Fish/Jeff Dahmer.

Let me know your thoguhts/opinions/suggestions.

Re: Eating Habits

what is the film about?

Eating Habits is the type of film that follows Serial killers the likes of Jeffery Dahmer, John Wayne Gacey, and of course Charles Manson. The film is about Maddox Washington, a cannibalistic serial murderer whom likes to toy with his victims. After he is caught it is up to a criminal psychologist to help find the families of the victims a little closure... if Maddox is willing to co-operate.

Eating Habits is the co-directorial debut for Scott Simpson and Christian Quarantillo, the minds behind Spaghetti Industries Makeup FX Team. Written and directed by both in hopes to expose their FX to an impressionable audience.

Written in January of 2006, Eating Habits began production in early July with the help of Thomas Fant and Gary Ugarek, who are working on 'DEADLANDS: The Rising'a new zombie epic that Spaghetti Industries is working the FX for, behind Makeup Supervisor Stephanie Petagno. With Jose de la Mar, a theatrical director, both co-starring with Ricky Davis and taking the role as production manager, Eating Habits is hoped to be released in late 2006.

interesting, how far into the shooting are you? Do you have a trailer yet? Looks like you might be a candidate for discussion in gooner and mines next podcast.

Here is a direct link to the teaser-
http://www.spaghettiindustries.com/EATI … Teaser.wmv

Keep in mind, Christian and I both recently turned 15, but please don't say its any better than it is just because of our age.

We are done maybe 2/3rds of the shooting, I am hoping itll be done before 2007, im sure it will it just depends on when teh editing get done. Gary Ugarek (Deadlands Director/DJfunkmasterG) is the editor, and owns all of the equipment, and has done some DP work when our original DP wasnt available. The DP we are owkring with is Thomas Fant, the same DP as deadlands.

Also, we do not really ahvea budget, but we've only spent about $320 on the film so far. All of our actors are working for free, and we've gotten our locations for free so far. A big thanks to gary for working for free, not only wokring for free, but using all of his equipment!

EDIT: Also, tonight I asked gary if he is able to cut a full trailer soon, because we have mroe footage than we did with teh teaser. So I will post that when available

Last edited by Fulcifan91 (2006-10-02 20:49:07)

oh you dont have to worry about that around here. I think DJ can attest to the fact I dont like what your doing, you will know. I will give it a watch when I get a minute.

Okay well, when you see it, post your thoughts on here. smile

the editing is well done. Honestly you might be onto something. Definitely keep posting as development progresses. The teaser is well put together but obviously its to early to show or tell much.

Thanks, all editing credit goes to Gary, but I'll definatly keep you guys updated. THanks for tkaing an interest in it, it is only a shirt, i dont expect it being over 20 minutes or 25 minutes, it is proabbly looking at like a 17-18 minute film maybe 20 idk, I will have ot talk to gary.

EDIT: also this place looks very active, ive been on forums int eh past where it takes people 2 or 3 days to respond to new posts, but i am on the computer far to much, so all I do is check the forums, and im glad you repsond quick here.

Last edited by Fulcifan91 (2006-10-02 21:36:05)

yes we do have an active forum.. and we look forward to updates. Just be sure to post them on this thread so folks dont miss it. Keep it all in one place.

I'll be checking out the longer trailer once you have it cut and ready to go...but so far, I like how the lady gets smacked across the face after she says she works in a women's clinic.

Yes, the movie deals with that issue.

Glad you dug the teaser.

Looks good.  Thanks for the info.

Looks really good so far Fulcifan and I have to give kudos to you both for such an ambitious undertaking at such a young age.  Good luck guys!  Keep us informed.

Here is a sneak peak makeup pic from what we shot last weekend:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/qwerty87/RhondaThroatWound4.jpg

Last edited by Fulcifan91 (2006-10-03 14:02:55)

Nice job guys, the teaser is exactly that, a tease. I can't wait for the full short. The FX look good and the acting doesn't look bad. Eating Habits sounds good plus that's a cool ass name for it. Again good luck and good job.

Awesome title. The trailer was pretty cool too. I'll be sure to keep an yes on this.

As promised... here is the newest trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ipZ34pUNY

Any feedback is apperciated.

-Scott

Very nice job guys, can't wait for the full movie

Looks good guys!  Keep us posted on your progress!