Topic: Gears of War

I just ordered a 360 'cuz of this game. Have you seen the tv ad with Gary Jules' version of Mad World and some crazy spider-alien stickin' it to a soldier? I think I'm gonna have to call in sick for a week or so once I get my hands on Gears of War.

Re: Gears of War

yes.

my hands and eyes are going to be aching  dearly when i purchase that badboy.

I have the game reserved till I get my Xbox fixed, but I was able to play the game for a few minutes and It was indeed kick ass. From what I've heard, the only downside to the game is that it is pretty short and can be beaten rather quickly.

Yea it looks awesome.. I've been contemplating buying a 360 for awhile now.. Since PS3 is insanely pricey 360 is the next best for the type of games I play..

Next best? The only real advantage(if you can call this an advantage)of owning a Ps3 is the Blu-ray player built into it. Graphically, the Ps3 is almost exactly the same as that of the 360. At the moment the 360 has a much larger game library than the Ps3 and most likely always will, given the amount of time it takes to develop a game for the Ps3. On top of that, the 360's online capabilities surpass that of the Ps3's and with microsoft pumping system updates every couple of months, the 360 is the best choice for gamers looking to kickass cooperatively. The Ps3 is nice looking, but right now it just doesn't have the games or features worth shelling out 600 bucks for. In a few years it might be worth picking up(given that all Sony's powerhouse titles such as Metal Gear Solid 4 will be out by then), but right now I suggest that if you haven't picked out one of the three new consoles go with the 360. Afterwards get your hands on the Wii, or if your really pressed for cash pick up the Wii first.

Ninetndo's been branded as the "kiddie" game company, but with games like Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Call of Duty 3 hitting the console that may very well change.

...okay, I veered a bit off topic there, but the my point stands. Get a 360. smile

my bro is buyin a Wii and some of the games for it look good, but i dont hav the money for the 360 or the Ps3. i want them both but im definately gonna wait for the ps3 to go down in price a bit, and wait for them to fix the glitch that makes u not be abl to play ur old games on it.
Gears of war does look bad ass, and Halo 3 will be out sometime soon, so i might pick up a 360 once i get a job.

Finished GOW on Hardcore, now working my way through Act 2 on Insane. Great game and was worth buying a 360 for. Now if only I could convince my g/f to buy me a Wii for christmas yikes

Seeing the trailer, Gears of War does indeed look kickass.  I dont have a 360 or a PS3, so I hardly doubt I'll be playing it anytime soon.

neversummer wrote:

Finished GOW on Hardcore, now working my way through Act 2 on Insane. Great game and was worth buying a 360 for. Now if only I could convince my g/f to buy me a Wii for christmas yikes

Heh, good luck. I stayed up till 4 am(launch day) trying to get my Wii online. I eventually was able to order it, but the day it was supposed to arrive the place I ordered it from sent me an e-mail saying it had been backordered. At least I'll have it before Christmas. As for Gears of War, glad to hear your liking it. If you've got Xbox live we'll have to run through it on Co-op when I get my 360 back.

I'm hoping to get the wi-fi adapter for christmas so I can get on xbox live. I bought a wireless router then ran out of cash for the 360 adapter sad Can't wait to try Dead Rising.

Let us all know how you like the Wii. It sure looks like fun, (although I don't know why they didn't make the nunchuck controller wireless as it looks like the cord could rip out when you're flailing both arms about). And having a speaker in the actual remote? That's the sweet meat !

I love Gears of War. I am glad that it is on Xbox 360 or I couldn't play it. It is like watching a battle in the movie theatre. I love all the different levels of play. The graphics really bring something to it and make it fun to play when I have time.