Topic: Pouletergeist Remake, Not Happening

MoviesOnline got word that the remake business is not true at all.
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_10572.html

Re: Pouletergeist Remake, Not Happening

Thank god.

haha yeah, it would seem the idea went over like a brick. My take on it is this is a studio gimmick. They leak the idea out, and then watch the reactions. Its been done before.

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea Meh! Judging from this board, the remake wouldn't have gone over very well.

ive had my suspicions in the past that it was leaked, for example freddy vs jason vs ash. We got leaked some info, BD got leaked some different info.

It freaking figures.  I blog about it on my MySpace blog, and then it doesn't happen.  So I am more than willing to take the credit for killing the idea.  I mean EVERYONE in the know is reading my blog, right? 

Right?

Ok.  I'm going back to work now.  big_smile

Heh well I read your blog Mirthquake.. I saw your bulletin and gave it a looksee.. I guess your very pleased by this news now.. It doesn't surprise me though that it was shot down.. B-D seem to be off the mark alot recently

thank the gods. i was really hopeing that this wasnt true. im so happy thet its not

Good.

And the world breathes a sigh of relief. This is a masterpiece better left untouched.

HUZZAH!

lol

Umm....Meh....you mispelled Poltergeist.  tongue

In his defense, that is a tough word.

ResidentEvilRising wrote:

And the world breathes a sigh of relief. This is a masterpiece better left untouched.

What he said...minus the masterpiece part.
One of the most annoying movies ever made...IMO.

I'm glad it not being made, it just seemed severely un-necessary. I think I spelled that wrong? Oh well my brain is dead today.

Thats kool..this movie shouldn't be touched..its a classic in its own..none could fit in the shoes of actual Carol Ann..

Just like most of you, I'm damn glad to hear this news. Why hollywood continues to tamper with classics is a question we've all been asking. It's not like they're making any real cash off all of these remakes after all.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Umm....Meh....you mispelled Poltergeist.  tongue

HAHAHA...good one.