Topic: Bloody Beach(2000)

Well I bougt this dvd recently and finally watched this asian slasher film from 2000 called Bloody Beach. It was an okay slasher film but not even half as good as Bloody Reunion or Evil Dead Trap which are way better slasher films from asia.

Bloody Beach is about 9 online net friends from a chat room who all get together and meet each other for the first time on a trip to the beach to hang out and party. Well, their is a killer amongst them known as Sandmannz who is upset that they picked on him in the chat room and the rest of them think that he commited suicide but he didn't and he's taking them out one by one.

A couple of the kills are decent but there's also a couple of off screen kills which pissed me off. This is a more American style asain slasher film but was a bit too weak for my tastes.

I would give it a 5 out of 10 rating.

Re: Bloody Beach(2000)

I think Bloody Beach is better than Bloody Reunion.  I just dont like the last 1/3 of bloody reunion at all so it kills it for me.

I also recommend The Deadly Camp if you want an Asian Slasher.  Not fantastic, but low budget & cheesy.  If you dont expect much out of it you will enjoy it.

jmh314 wrote:

I also recommend The Deadly Camp if you want an Asian Slasher.  Not fantastic, but low budget & cheesy.  If you dont expect much out of it you will enjoy it.

Cool, I will see how much The Deadly Camp is on dvd from amazon after work today.:cool:

Hey Jmh, one quick question......now near the beginning of this film the girl is on the train and goes to the restroom and everyone leaves the train and then it shows her on the toilet listening to music on her headphones and smoking a joint but she's making like noises as if she was taking a mean crap......my question to you is was that asian girl taking a big ole dump in that scene, lol? No, I'm serious!:lol:

It was okay movie, good slasher movie

It does have a killer name though

i recently watched Bloody Reunion, but i seriously had to rewatch the ending a second time to figure it out! not bad though.  I will have to check out Evil Dead Trap since i keep hearing good things about it

ChainSaW80 wrote:

i recently watched Bloody Reunion, but i seriously had to rewatch the ending a second time to figure it out! not bad though.  I will have to check out Evil Dead Trap since i keep hearing good things about it

Bloody Reunion is awesome and loved it. Evil Dead Trap is a cool film too and has some Argento qualities to it. Bloody Beach was so-so but could have been better.

The Deadly Camp was quite borinh though and disappointing.

BTW, these are all asian slasher style films.

Thanks for the post, this movie has been on my netflix queue for a few years!! I'll bump it up, slashers are my weakness, and even a decent slasher is enough to ask to satisfy my taste!

THE DEADLY CAMP was fun