Topic: Hatchet 2

So this is all rumor and speculation.  I watched the "Making of Hatchet" on the brand new DVD and it makes me wonder what Adam Green's idea is for a possible sequel.

When talking about trying to get Tony Todd to play the part of Reverend Zombie, Adam Green mentions that he wanted him to play the role because "for Hatchet 2 that is such a huge part.  He would be perfect." 

For those of you who have seen the movie, thoughts on Reverend Zombie having a big part in a possible Hatchet 2 because after we see him at the beginning, we never see him again.  Kind of curious if others would like to see him back or ideas that may involve him.

Re: Hatchet 2

damn, and i still havent seen the first one. my dad said he was too tired to drive me to Best Buy today so i coudlnt pick it up, but i will take the bus there tomorrow and get it.

I rented it from blockbuster today, didn't get a chance to watch it though....I will tommorrow.

I loved this movie so much that i actually had to buy it. It will be awesome as hell if there is a sequel and definitely interested in seeing it too.

^More reason to watch this movie today!

jmh314 wrote:

So this is all rumor and speculation.  I watched the "Making of Hatchet" on the brand new DVD and it makes me wonder what Adam Green's idea is for a possible sequel.

When talking about trying to get Tony Todd to play the part of Reverend Zombie, Adam Green mentions that he wanted him to play the role because "for Hatchet 2 that is such a huge part.  He would be perfect." 

For those of you who have seen the movie, thoughts on Reverend Zombie having a big part in a possible Hatchet 2 because after we see him at the beginning, we never see him again.  Kind of curious if others would like to see him back or ideas that may involve him.

Yeah, I noticed that too last night when I watched the film and the special features on the dvd which were all great. The film had some great kills and gore and nice boobs as well.:P

I think that there will be a Hatchet 2 and that Adam Green will either direct or be producer of it. I actually liked Kane Hodder as Victor Crowley and this film reminded me so much of the 1982 film Madman. Both Crowley and Madman Marz looked alot alike and both used hatchets/axes and both were hit in the head and deformed from a axe or a hatchet in both films. Both were played by really big guys as in Hodder for Crowley and Paul Ehlers as Marz. Even at least one or 2 of the kills in Hatchet was very similiar to one of the first main kills in Madman. I wonder if by chance Green actually got his idea from Madman.......just curious is all.

Tony Todd would be great as the Rev. Zombie in part 2 and I hope it is made cause I did enjoy Hatchet alot.

i loved it, i went to 5 different places searchign for it and it was all worth it, I finally picked it up at walmart not the dumbass walmart in retard town but a different walmart that is actally stocked up and up to date for 10 bucks!!! Its deffenity a movie urll want to buy, im gonna write a reveiw when i get my laptop cuz this cpu sucks at doign normal stuff like that soo but great mvie a 8 maybe a 9. It was a little too hyped up to be this great movie but it was a prefect movie. I loved the ending its been a while since I saw an ending liek that I wont spoil it on those who havent seen it.

sickf**k wrote:

i loved it, i went to 5 different places searchign for it and it was all worth it, I finally picked it up at walmart not the dumbass walmart in retard town but a different walmart that is actally stocked up and up to date for 10 bucks!!! Its deffenity a movie urll want to buy, im gonna write a reveiw when i get my laptop cuz this cpu sucks at doign normal stuff like that soo but great mvie a 8 maybe a 9. It was a little too hyped up to be this great movie but it was a prefect movie. I loved the ending its been a while since I saw an ending liek that I wont spoil it on those who havent seen it.

If I didn't have to take my wife to the grocery store I'd be watching this right now..

-shakes fist-

DAMN you WOMAN!

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
sickf**k wrote:

If I didn't have to take my wife to the grocery store I'd be watching this right now..

-shakes fist-

DAMN you WOMAN!

But didn't you say that you got drunk as a bat last night playing Baseball drinking game at a friends house and then tried to have sloppy drunk sex with the wife in the DRUNK thread on here, lol.:lol::P

RIP wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:
sickf**k wrote:

-shakes fist-

DAMN you WOMAN!

But didn't you say that you got drunk as a bat last night playing Baseball drinking game at a friends house and then tried to have sloppy drunk sex with the wife in the DRUNK thread on here, lol.:lol::P

We went to the store, then went out....but it doesn't matter, I got to watch Hatchet tonight....ahhh, what a great movie.

I really liked Hatchet and was lucky to be near the one town in BFE N. Cal that played it at the theater.  Regarding Tony Todd, Tony himself has talked about it and his larger role in a sequel.  I would watch it for sure.  Yes, the first movie is not a perfect film, but a lot of fun, great modern representation of the signature character kills.

I noticed that too.  I have a feeling Adam Green is going to make a sequel, I'm just not sure what it's going to be about.  Whatever it is, though, it's sure to be a lot of fun like the original.

I hope it is, i hope u goes old school and continue it right where the first lefted on. It opens up with
SPOILERS!!!!!

Victor screaming and he does whatever he gonna do to those kids. Id be willing to see a Hatchet 2 and we won even have to wait for it to go threw all those film fests and get picked up.

In the commentary Adam mentions the kid wearing the pig mask has a larger role in the sequel/prequel type storyline.

jamhorner wrote:

You know, I have not seen Hatchet yet. But in a lot of cases sequals to horror movie turn out to be bombs.

Friday the 13th Part 2 and so on in my opinion were better than the original. This is another slasher film in that vein. They will also have a larger budget for making the sequel. I really hope this one goes through..

RIP: I doubt Madman had any kind of impact on him making this film. The character is actually based on a legend he dreamed up when he was 8 at a summer camp. They tried to scare the campers by telling them to watch out for Hatchet face but they had no story just a name.. So he thought one up to scare all the other kids.. Funny story that he tells on the DVD..

28 weeks later also was better then the first... so sequels are not all bad.. i agree.

Meh wrote:

28 weeks later also was better then the first... so sequels are not all bad.. i agree.

I have yet to see 28 weeks later, but I rented 28 days later awhile back. I didn't really like it, I mean it was a good movie, but for me it didn't live up to the Hype and it's high rating on IMDB, and it just didn't feel like a Zombie movie in my opinion, it was a more man vs man type thing rather than a man vs Zombie thing.

Oh anyways back to Hatchet, I really enjoyed it....a total fast paced gore fest, but I feel like it's one of those movies that doesn't need a sequel.

Last edited by NickFerrioHorrorFan (2008-03-14 15:59:27)

I wasn't that big of a fan of the first one like a lot of people were so I really couldn't care about a sequel.

It was really a throw back to the 80's slasher genre.  The death scenes were so brutal.  It terms of plot, it doesn't need a sequel, but that has never stopped any other movie series before.  Hell, in the 80's, sequels were made every year with the same scenario.  I would like to see a sequel though, since I really enjoyed Hatchet.  Good old fashioned special effects!