Topic: Event Horizon

I have the first DVD version of Event Horizon. It's one of my favorite horror sci-fi movies (next to the Alien franchise)

I see that a special edition has been released. Is it worth it? The DVD I have is pretty bare bones. Does the special edition have deleted scenes, commentary ect?

Re: Event Horizon

Well I don't have the disc but I know some who do that have said they are just going to keep their discs released before.. But I hunted down the specs of the film for you so you can decide yourself.. Because really it just comes down to what you like about a DVD.. The quality, the extras, all that good stuff. So let me know what you think...

The film will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with both English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 surround tracks. Extras will include an audio commentary by Director Paul W.S. Anderson and Producer Jeremy Bolt, Secrets with Selectable Director Commentary, The Unseen Event Horizon with Director Commentary, The Point Of No Return: The Filming Of Event Horizon with Director Commentary, a making of Event Horizon featurette, the original theatrical trailer, and the video trailer.

Thanks for the heads up Goon! I'll see if our local video rental has it. I'm curious about the director's commentary. If I like it I'll probably buy a copy.

HMV in Canada has the special edition Event Horizon in there 2 for 20 bucks section. Definetly one of my favourite sci-fi/horror movies. I remember going to the theatre to watch this one thinking it was a straight up sci-fi action movie then getting blown away by all the gore.

i loved event horizon. Honestly not sure if I own it or not, but definitely one of my favs.

Event Horizon is a terrific film.  I plan on picking up the special edition DVD in the near future.

I really liked Event Horizon and the 2 disc edition DVD is excellent.

Though I must say looking back on the CGI from the '90s...looks so fake.  tongue

I got this movie in VHS when it came out.  I loved it!  I will be getting the 2 disk DVD soon.  Probably when I get Feast on the 17th.

yeah..that was a great film..i hear the special ed is great

Check out the R2 SE:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 1&p=10

i have to still check this film out is this film really that good that everyone is sayng ?