Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000

Rifftrax?  Is that what you are thinking of?

Never heard of an online only version, i do like the film crew dvds ive seen so far, as i ve mentioned before.

i do hope they can put out more stuff from mike and the guys they are so damn funny, but yes im also more of a joel fan, he brought some sort of simple minded innocence to the show,
then again i used to watch him preform in the very early 80s, he was a riot.

At one point, Rhino wanted to continue to series, via direct to video, but decided it would be too costly.  That's a shame.  I think someone mentioned earlier too, that Shout! now has the rights?  If so, hopefully we'll see more volumes put out (if they can get the rights to the films, if they don't have them already).

and hopefully shout will secure all the rights and not screw it up like rhino did, now theres 2 sets out there that are selling for a sweet profit cause they were recalled.

Yeah volumes 9 & 10.  They just released vol 10.2 not too long ago.  Basically they just pulled out the movie they lost the rights too and replaced it with Giant Spider Invasion.

yeah i know, im just pissed because one of the movies they lost was a godzilla movie. and to have the guys goof on a godzilla flick again would be awesome.

Well I wouldn't want to encourage illegal downloading, but I found all the seasons on a torrent site.

as long as you dont try to publicly promote the site its prob ok.

The only prob. with downloading is that the quality isn't to great, and it takes about 4 days to get the season downloaded. It took me a little over a week to get season 1 on the computer, and then onto discs

I usually luck out and it took less than a day to get each season and less than an hour to copy it onto dvd.  I still buy the volumes though.

Ive been trying that torrent, and even with dsl, its so damn slow i dont want to wait a week for it lol

Yeah, you gotta think of the pros and cons, sometimes it isn't worth the wait haha

Loved the movie and few episodes I did get to watch, would love to have it run again.

Teh voice over of the acting in the low budget b-rate sci-fi was priceless.

I was meaning to organize my Rue Morgues anyway - there was an article about the downloadable and updated movie play-alongs.  If I find anything that hasn't been discussed yet in this thread, I'll let ya know. 

I've been meaning to download these too, anyway, so thanks for the reminder, Zomboy.  big_smile

Yep Constantce they are called Riff-Trax, I have seen some clips, they are pretty funny
And you are velcome wink

velcome.  he he.  big_smile

Are riff traxx replacing the other project they were working on?

Well, I heard about this "Cinematic Titanic" show that they were doing, but that was Jan. and I haven't heard a peep since, so, who knows whats up. And also they are putting out DVD's called "The Film Crew" which are similar to MST3K