Topic: Aku' Xmas Horror Must Haves

Give it a read, and share some feedback on Aku's xmas stuffer suggestions. this is going to be a series of articles, with more coming from Goon and myself, and a part 2 from Aku later this week.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror-news.php?id=6996

Re: Aku' Xmas Horror Must Haves

There's a lot of great films on that list.  Some I disagree with, but hey, its not my list.

Coolest thing I found>  Battle Royale is finally region 1!   It's a BIG must on my list!  Thanks for the heads up, Aku!

i have not ever seen FutureKill anyone seen that one?

Only the poster.  It was up there with LASERBLAST as the movie that everyone remembered the advertising, but no one had seen the movie!

big_smile

Very good list!  now to forward it to the wife so she knows what I want!

Yea that Battle Royale disc is not region 1 its not even the right cover by Amazon.. For the real cover you have to click on the customer sent covers.. It is actually the uncut Korean release of the film which they did Region 0..

As for the list.. I don't know Future Kill looks really corny.. I watched a trailer for it because his list got me interested but upon viewing it looks really cheesy.. Not a bad list but I dont think I'm going to include any of those on my list..

My list is going to be filled with movies that you probably have not heard of before but should be aware of. I mean most horror fans have all those titles.. They were pretty common place movies.. So I'm gonna try and bring back the good uns.. Of course I will include some classic films in there as well though..

a good list for sure. i allready have the Friday the thirteenth box set. i watched all 8 movies on the last friday the thirteenth, good collection if ur a big fan of the series.
i wanna get the nightmare on elm street and black christmas really bad though. the rest i could live without for a little while longer

Not a bad list, I wouldn't mind having a few of those in my stocking, but I agree with goon, I think my list would have a few of the more obscure title in it although I'm the type of person that buys his most favorite music on vinyl because I like the sound of it. That's a record (big, black, round thing) for all you young'ens who have never seen one. It's the hard to find gifts that mean the most, if you can buy it at Best Buy usually it's not an obscure title.

What up peeps!
I'm glad everyone's takin an interest in the list.

In regards to Future Kill, it's seriously a must watch flick.
If your a fan of films like Dolemite, you'll love this.
Its title should be in the dictionary next to 'B' movie. If you haven't seen it I would suggest at least renting it, drinking some smooth Canadian Club, and laughing your ass off!

I have it on my Netflix so i am gonna watch it but I don't know if it's worth buying.

Yea I watched a trailer for it on Subverisve Cinemas official website.. I'd like to watch it but I wouldn't want to blind buy it.. Apparently it has a ton of folks from TCM in it, Ed Neal and Marilyn Burns..

Very kewl stuff.

I definatly want to get Feast, Nightmare on Elm Street, Black Christmas, The Devil's Backbone, and if cheap enough...the Friday the 13th box set.

I already got B.R...i think my DVD cover looks cooler smile

The Devils Backbone is a gem.. That was my favorite of his picks.. It is definetly a lesser known title that any horror fan would enjoy..

Goon wrote:

Yea that Battle Royale disc is not region 1 its not even the right cover by Amazon.. For the real cover you have to click on the customer sent covers.. It is actually the uncut Korean release of the film which they did Region 0..

Which means it will play everywhere, right?  Or is there actually a region ) that I am unfamiliar with?

Region 0 means it will play with any DVD player as long as it is NTSC or PAL depending on your area.  A few of Blue Underground's DVDs are 0 and work perfectly fine in my DVD players.

yea Region 0 plays in any DVD player as long as its NTSC or PAL like Golden said.. Thats how I get a hold of a lot of foreign movies that I own.. They often release certain titles in Asian countries Region 0.. not really sure why.. Its great for us though.. case in point Battle Royale..