Topic: SciFi channel sux

The past 3 weeks there hasn't been any good shit on the scifi channel. I know the channel pretty much sux but usually they have some decent films on there but this past month has blown on that channel.

Re: SciFi channel sux

The Channel used to have good lineups, and play good movies, but to me it has all turned to crap recently and I just haven't bothered with trying to watch anything on there. All they play now are crappy made for tv films about nature run amok, and edited mainstream movies. blech.

The lineup today is absolutely terrible on there.

I usually run into something decent when im up late on a saturday night or something at like 2am.  other than that I don't find much worth watching unless its a tossup between that and infomercials lol.

It's all about Monsters HD now, but you have to get Dish Network.

Hey Rip. It hasn't been for the past 3 weeks that the line-up has been terrible. Try every single weekend that it has sucked. Every single line-up on the Sci-Fi channel is always horrendious.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Hey Rip. It hasn't been for the past 3 weeks that the line-up has been terrible. Try every single weekend that it has sucked. Every single line-up on the Sci-Fi channel is always horrendious.

They use to have AfterFest horror films on there like The Gravedancers, Unrest, Reincarnation, etc....and I liked the Tremors series on there but now that channel sux bad.

I can't make it through all the commercials. it seems like that channel has a lot more than others.

RIP wrote:

They use to have AfterFest horror films on there like The Gravedancers, Unrest, Reincarnation, etc....and I liked the Tremors series on there but now that channel sux bad.

The Gravedancers came on last week. I have it on Tivo, but it seems like every time I try to watch it something comes up.

I'll be the first to admit I miss William Shatner's Full Moon Fright Night. But I realize if you want horror your only gunna get a few shows off Sci Fi that you'll be happy with.

Man, if I had Monsters HD, I would be the happiest sunofabitch alive!! big_smile

Fear.net is really cool too. I no longer have it but man it's awesome to have so many random free horror movies at your finger tips.

there is the Chiller channel on directv, its pretty cool but other than that i hate Directv and preffer Dish network hmm

chiller is ok, but it does piss me off because of it being badly edited like the rest of the channels.

i used to love the sci-fi channel, tons of great series and movie marathons each weekend, but over the past couple of years, i really got bored with its lack of quality and abundance of not only commercials, but those fucking annoying sci-fi channel sweepers, where something "crazy" happens thats SOOO unpredictable....

but i do have a fondness for nature gone amok films, disaster films are just fun.

survivalist wrote:

chiller is ok, but it does piss me off because of it being badly edited like the rest of the channels.

i used to love the sci-fi channel, tons of great series and movie marathons each weekend, but over the past couple of years, i really got bored with its lack of quality and abundance of not only commercials, but those fucking annoying sci-fi channel sweepers, where something "crazy" happens thats SOOO unpredictable....

but i do have a fondness for nature gone amok films, disaster films are just fun.

Does Chiller edit the movies as if for network standards? Monsters doesn't seem to from what I've seen so far.

Yes Chiller does edit them, same as Sci fi or Scream networks, they are all basic cable channels.
from what i understand, i think Monsters HD, is a commercial free channel?

Yes, monsters is just movies, no commercials and seems to be uncut so far. The do have a feature called Monsterama with Elvira talkin about horror merch, news and such.

RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Ummm yeah i understand about the whole AfterDark horrorfest movies, but it doesn't do me any good b/c i own every single one of them. So there was no need for me to watch any of them. Also when it comes to Tremors, i only like the first 2 and the rest completely and utterly suck. Other than that, all the movie line-ups that they show all the time are so damn horrific.

I got Dish Network pretty much only so that I could have Monsters HD. It was amazing for the first couple of months, then something happened in November and they started just playing 2 movies a day over and over again and nobody would comment on what was going on. I was getting really pissed off and almost ready to switch providers when suddenly this month everything got cool again. Now we are back to a good lineup everyday. They play awesome stuff, uncut, no commercials and it's HD! I love it.

As for Sci-Fi channel, they don't play much that I want to watch, but you want to know something funny? My grandma loves the sci-fi channel! She likes to watch those horrible sci-fi originals with big computer animated snakes and shit. She's watching that shit every time I go over there. hahaha.

Ya know, I haven't watched the SciFi channel since they cancelled my favorite show "Farscape" and officially became the FN Stargate channel. At one point, I guess around 2000 or so they had a killer lineup with Lexx, Farscape, The Invisible Man, and I forget but there was a few others that were real good. I'm not down on Stargate (oh wait, yes I am) I loved the movie with Kurt Russell, but the series is NOT the movie, sorry. They are also pumping out some of the WORST tv movies CGI crap I have ever seen, . . . weekly! . . I don't know, maybe they can pick up the pieces and be worth something again, it would be nice. . . And what the hell ever happened to that sister Horror channel that they were gonna put out? It's cable for Christ sake, there is definitely enough of us out here to watch it, right?..........I do however have to give them props for Battlestar Gallactica, . it's a really good show.

No offense TenderJane, but I honestly don't think I could make it through a single episode of any show you just mentioned. haha. smile

knifehands wrote:

I got Dish Network pretty much only so that I could have Monsters HD. It was amazing for the first couple of months, then something happened in November and they started just playing 2 movies a day over and over again and nobody would comment on what was going on. I was getting really pissed off and almost ready to switch providers when suddenly this month everything got cool again. Now we are back to a good lineup everyday. They play awesome stuff, uncut, no commercials and it's HD! I love it.

As for Sci-Fi channel, they don't play much that I want to watch, but you want to know something funny? My grandma loves the sci-fi channel! She likes to watch those horrible sci-fi originals with big computer animated snakes and shit. She's watching that shit every time I go over there. hahaha.

I'm diggin Monsters HD too, It's worth the extra $20 for HD by itself. From Beyond and Evil Dead 2 are both coming up.

ChainSaW80 wrote:

there is the Chiller channel on directv, its pretty cool but other than that i hate Directv and preffer Dish network hmm

Does the Chiller Channel have originals, or is it just movies and old series?............Man, back in like 70 or 71 I remember pissin in my fcken pants when the Chiller 6 finger hand came out of the ground and ate the letters and said C H I L L E R R R .........I think that's what started my love for horror.........and Monsters HD?.........DAM, that sucks that they are exclusive to 2 separate dishes.
Which one is better?

knifehands wrote:

No offense TenderJane, but I honestly don't think I could make it through a single episode of any show you just mentioned. haha. smile

You didn't dig Lexx or Farscape? Man, I really liked them. Lexx was one of the strangest shows going, both had great production values, and Farscape, I still miss it. You definitely love it or hate it, it's weird,  out of all my friends, only like 3 of them like those 2 shows, yet they will sit and watch Basket Case for like the 35th time. lol

TenderJane wrote:
knifehands wrote:

You didn't dig Lexx or Farscape? Man, I really liked them. Lexx was one of the strangest shows going, both had great production values, and Farscape, I still miss it. You definitely love it or hate it, it's weird,  out of all my friends, only like 3 of them like those 2 shows, yet they will sit and watch Basket Case for like the 35th time. lol

haha. I guess you've got to be one or the other... I love Basket Case! wink

btw, fredgarvin, I'm really looking forward to that Evil Dead 2 premiere on Monsters HD. I also saw they're gonna be playing Witchfinder General soon, that could be interesting, never seen it but heard pretty good things.

Last edited by knifehands (2008-04-14 01:28:32)