Topic: Another Damn Lindsey Lohan movie! (A rant)

Holy crap, If I read another article that says what a great actress that anorexic C*NT is i am going to take a very large crap in a box and send it to that director with a note that states:
"Here is your next big star, it has more talent that Paris, Britney, or Lindsey and will work much cheaper"
Seriously, is this what we have to choose from as far as actresses now, Sarah Michelle Gellar, or Lindsey Lohan. What happened to the real scream queens, this is pathetic. Could you imagine what the original Halloween would have been like with an actrees the caliber of Lindsey Lohan? I am dismayed. Am I the only one?

Re: Another Damn Lindsey Lohan movie! (A rant)

Oh, come on... She's not *that* bad.  I mean she's no Meryl Streep or Kate Hepburn, but she has time.

I mean really... Other than JLC, Barbara Crampton or arguably Heather Langencamp, name an "Old School" scream queen who *could* really act?

(I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm challenging you to give me examples!)

You can't criticize Sarah Michelle Gellar man, you just can't.  Look at it this way, she's a terrific actress and hot as hell.  Lindsey Lohan is a different story though.  The ony movies I have seen her in are about as far away from horror as you can get, so we'll just have to give her a chance.

Linnea Quigley could act!  *laughs*

i have some of lohans movies she carnt act the only thing going for her is hot so thats cool but at least sahrah could act plus she is hot but i would of hated seeing linsdy in a role in halloween. she is only good to look at but if she gets killed in the horror movie and if she shows flesh that will be good asell we will have to just wait.

The original Halloween would not have had Lindsey.  The difference is the Target Audience.  Why do you think House of Wax remake had Hiltion in it?  Because a majority of horror movies are geared to the MTV crowd and are rated PG13.  You don't find these actresses on rated R movies, they aren't there for acting ability, they are there to draw in younger audiences.  Lohan isn't a Horrible actress, she just isn't a Horror/Drama genre actress.  She does best with Love Bug remakes and such.

O.k. Tim your right SMG is hot and she can act, but she seems to always play her roles the same way and she will always be Buffy. And for you Mirth here is a good list of good actresses that were scream queens:
Fay Wray
Janet Leigh
Judith O'Dea (NOTLD 1968)
Camille Keaton (I spit on your grave)
Brink Stevens (o.k. maybe not her, but she could scream)
Barbara Crampton (re-animator)
Marilyn Burns (TCM 1974)
Kari Wuhrer (many good movies, 8 legged frieks)
Ashley Laurence (Hellraiser)
Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris (Halloween 4 and 5)
And the list goes on.......

the big problem with Lohan is she is constantly in our face doing idiot things off screen and the films she does are the same old teen hash. I am with Hard2kill on this one

Thank you Meh, finally someone else that's not looking at her ass and paying attention to her actual abilities as an actress. Although, if she put it (her ass that is) up in the air, in front of me I would have to hit that, just to say i did.

Hard2Kill wrote:

O.k. Tim your right SMG is hot and she can act, but she seems to always play her roles the same way and she will always be Buffy. And for you Mirth here is a good list of good actresses that were scream queens:
Fay Wray
Janet Leigh
Judith O'Dea (NOTLD 1968)
Camille Keaton (I spit on your grave)
Brink Stevens (o.k. maybe not her, but she could scream)
Barbara Crampton (re-animator)
Marilyn Burns (TCM 1974)
Kari Wuhrer (many good movies, 8 legged frieks)
Ashley Laurence (Hellraiser)
Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris (Halloween 4 and 5)
And the list goes on.......

Barb was on my list, and I'll give you Fay Wray, Janet Leigh (Jamie got it from somewhere), and to a point Kari.  But have any of  the others transcended the genre, the way that Jamie Lee has?  Barb, Heather and Kari had TV to fall back on, but when was the last time you saw any of the others outside of a horror flick? 

Actallly, I'll add Pat Tallman and Ali Larter to my previous list as well.  I've seen them both do very well for themselves in mainstream media. 

This is an intersting discussion!

I didn't see the movie Pulse yet, but I've watched Kristen Bell in Varonica Mars on CW and she seems to be a decent actress, plus she's nice to look at too.

Maybe we should get our own Fresh Meat Scream Queens to chime in here...  Shannon, Monique?  What say you?

Despire all the hate.. Lindsay Lohan CAN act.. Just because she is annoying as hell off screen and a stuck up little snot doesn't affect her acting.. I don't think casting directors were looking at her when she was young going "damn that 8 year old is HOT!".. I mean come on..

She is another one of these young cute actresses that is getting by on her looks alone, I'm sure her ocar winning performance in Herbie The Love Bug is what your looking at right. Seriously, would anyone give a rats ass about any one of the new brat pack if they weren't so nice to look at. Anne Hatthaway is cute and has talent but she isn't having directors fawn over her or throw her parts, and hell she does nude scenes. Like these last pics of Britney without underwear, ooops, I'm such a whore I completely forgot to wear any, yea right, it's a publicity stunt pulled off by Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, and Britney Spears because if they loose the attention of the media whore public then the record deals and movie offer stop coming.

I see your point Mirth and agree, but the women I listed may have only been in horror films but theye weren't just film fodder or a useless pair of tits to throw in front of the audience. I would love to hear what the next gen scream queens have to say about it, who were their role models? And what's up with that signed photo Mirth?

Well its pretty obvious that you haven't heard of the new Kennedy film "Bobby" that she appears in.. Its apparent that you hate her because she is an attention whore.. How many of her films have you actually watched? I mean Herbie was a little kid movie, I've never seen it so I can't vouch for her acting in it..

Lohan is just what these mindless zombies in my generation want... and I apologize for insulting the zombies.

Edit:  Though I am a part of my generation by birth I would like to clearly state that I share none of their views lol.

Last edited by TheDudeWithTheShotgun (2006-12-13 17:26:27)

My wife watches a lot of girley movies so i have seen:
Herbie
Mean Girls
The parent Trap (she was real young in this)
Freaky Friday
Prarie Home Companion
Is that enough to base my opinion on? The fact that she is an attention whore is one of the reasons I don't like her but also i can't stand to see other actresses get passed over and not recognized because of the genre ( like horror) they get their start in when someone like Lindsay Lohan is getting praise all over the place. My main point is that she is not that good, she's not that cute, and does not deserve the press that she gets.
Actually I have heard of Bobby it has quite that cast, Helen Hunt, Anthony Hopkins, Demi Moore, Sharon Stone, William H. Macy, Martin Sheen, Helen Hunt, and Elijah Wood,  and is actually directed by Emelio Estevez

Well coming from the perspective I see your point... I'm still sticking by my word and she is a good actress but I definetly know what you are saying. She gets WAY more attention and her talent is blown out of proportion by some people.. mainly her fans..

Personally I feel the same way you do about the whole thing to tell you the truth.. well except the talent part.. I would love to see a new fresh face join the cast..

Awe give her a chance. Maybe she'll star in the up and coming flick "Herbie vs Christine"