Re: Games Into Movies

That would be an awesome game idea.  Roaming free across a massive landscape and every so often bumping into each other to do battle.  I would definatly buy it.  I would also dig if you could go into Wes Craven's dreams tongue

Ok, here is another idea.. not as good as adamroddis one but it would probably work out too...

A mortal kombat/Tekken/Street Fighter type, but with classic horror movie vilans.. like freddy, jason, the scream dude, the ring chick and so on....
There will be like special attacks (adapted to the caracteristics of each caracther), a finishing move... stuff like that... ! !
So the winner would be the King (or Queen) Vilan of the horror world... tongue

Actually there is one fighting game that has Samara ("the ring chick") in it.. It was actually her Japanese counterpart Sadako.. I forget the name of the game but she sort of was like a little tag team partner for one of the fighters.. She would come in for some of his special moves..

By the way I just wanted to let you guys know that they are now adapting Castlevania into a movie..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6107.html

Goon wrote:

Actually there is one fighting game that has Samara ("the ring chick") in it.. It was actually her Japanese counterpart Sadako.. I forget the name of the game but she sort of was like a little tag team partner for one of the fighters.. She would come in for some of his special moves..

By the way I just wanted to let you guys know that they are now adapting Castlevania into a movie..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6107.html

That'd be one of the new versions of either Capcom vs SNK or SNK Playmroe or summit similar in the tag match mode.

shanhua wrote:

A mortal kombat/Tekken/Street Fighter type, but with classic horror movie vilans.. like freddy, jason, the scream dude, the ring chick and so on....
There will be like special attacks (adapted to the caracteristics of each caracther), a finishing move... stuff like that... ! !
So the winner would be the King (or Queen) Vilan of the horror world...

Heh, working on some of the old wrestling games "Edit" modes to achieve that is pretty fun.

Alright, first time for me here, but uhm.. I heard rumours that someone was going to do a movie on the rather unique survival horror game "Project Zero" or something like that. I tried out one of the games, thought it was the latest one Project zero:Crimson butterfly and that game REALLY scared me a couple of times, great ghostaction where you had to use a camera to "kill" the spirits. Anyone heard of it?

Yea I have heard of the game.. I don't remember any news about it becoming a movie but alot of projects are announced that I completely forget about.. Here is some news we posted in the past about the video game..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5082.html

It is pretty movie esque, and it may be getting a fourth game pretty soon.

It's much more "story like" than any other Horror game out there, and is a lot more serious than most too. Great game, and could be great fodder for the likes of Miike or Roth to an extent.

Uffe wrote:

Alright, first time for me here, but uhm.. I heard rumours that someone was going to do a movie on the rather unique survival horror game "Project Zero" or something like that. I tried out one of the games, thought it was the latest one Project zero:Crimson butterfly and that game REALLY scared me a couple of times, great ghostaction where you had to use a camera to "kill" the spirits. Anyone heard of it?

yes I have that game. Its a very scary game... It would be a great horror movie (if its in the right hands, obviously)....

Personally, i would love to do Dark Watch or the Suffering as a movie.

yo, the suffering is being made into a movie. I saw it on a horror website.

doom was turned into a movie and that came out a little iffy i would say

Really?  What site says Suffering is being made?

Doom for me was too watered down and shifted towards a mainstream audience.  They killed the demon idea which stunk and it was not scary enough for me.  Action was decent but I wanted the BFG to be used more often.

Yea I thought we already mentioned this before in this thread.. Rue Morgue did a big article about it a couple months ago.. I'm not sure what stages they are in but it is  supposedly one of the games that is up for a big screen debut..

This is what i read -MTV Films, a division of Viacom Inc., announced today that it has acquired an option on the worldwide film rights to the award-winning, action-horror videogame property The Suffering from Surreal Software, a subsidiary of Midway Games Inc. , a leading interactive entertainment industry publisher and developer.

In The Suffering, which was released in April 2004, the player controls the prisoner Torque, a hardened inmate sentenced to die for a murder he may or may not have actually committed. A sequel, The Suffering: Ties That Bindâ„¢ is scheduled to ship in September 2005 and lets players delve into the perverse world of Torque's sanity to discover his past and struggle to control his future. Both games were developed by Midway's internal studio, Surreal Software.

MTV Films is working in conjunction with Stan Winston and Brian Gilbert from Stan Winston Productions and Jason Lust and Rick Jacobs from Circle of Confusion on The Suffering's development as a feature film project. MTV Films' Senior Director Jason Weiss, who brought the project to the company, Gregg Goldin and David Gale will be developing on behalf of MTV Films.

"We are very excited to be working hand in hand with Midway to translate this innovative game into an edge-of-your-seat film," said David Gale, Executive Vice President, MTV Films. "Gaming is such a huge part of the culture for MTV's audience it makes perfect sense for us to work with Midway, Stan Winston and Circle of Confusion on bringing The Suffering to life as a feature film."

"The Suffering is a true action-horror experience with plenty of disturbing and twisted creatures," said Alan Patmore, president, Surreal Software. "We are extremely happy to be working with MTV Films to bring the terror to the big screen in what promises to be a groundbreaking horror film."

This film agreement with Midway closely follows a June announcement that MTV and Midway will jointly market three upcoming Midway games. L.A. RUSH, which will feature MTV branding throughout the game world with the crew from the hit MTV show, "Pimp My Ride," West Coast Customs, will be the first title shipping under this deal.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/mov … fering.php

this is the website i saw it on, it also has news on loads of upcoming films

Yea we reported on this back when it happend.. It was quite awhile ago so I'm thinking it went into turnaround...

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_4458.html

wasnt there a texas chainsaw massacre game?

I would have loved to see the Resident Evil movies actually based on the games.

I would love to see God of War or Devil May Cry as a movie. As long as Uwe Boll has nothing to do with either.

God of War was a rumor last year. If they do it though, they need to cast either Goldberg (the wrestler) or Dominic Purcell in the lead role. I can't think of anyone else that has the right body or BAMF to pull it off.

Video game movies rarely meet the expectations fans search for, but a Devil May Cry movie might be worth a look. The first Resident Evil movie is the best video game to film adaption in my opinion. It wasn't what i was hoping for(which was something that followed more closely to the original game), but it was a pretty decent horror film.

Well so far I haven't really been a big fan of games into movies.  I didnt care for the Resident Evil's and I really disliked Silent Hill.  Doom is one of my least favorite films of all time.  So I dont know what to expect with further game to movie variations.  Hopefully they'll create somethin' that'll blow my mind.