Topic: Dexter

I just read a news article from Fangoria about my new favorite show that is on Showtime. The show is called Dexter and is based on Jeff Lindsay's 2004 novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Dexter by day works for the Miami PD as a blood splatter analyst and at night he is a serial killer that kills other serial killers. The show stars Michael Hall (Six Feet Under), Jennifer Carpenter (The Exorcism of Emily Rose), Julie Benz (Angel), and James Remar. Showtime is running a marathon of episodes on Saturday the 28th of October starting at 8:00 p.m. I really hope they continue this show because I think it is one of the best things on tv right now. If you don't have Showtime find someone who does and pretend you like them because the show is worth it. smile

Re: Dexter

This show really is a fantastic show.

have only Hard2kill and I gotten into this show? Seriously you guys need to watch it its a fantastic show

too bad for me!   I don't have showtime, just hbo and starz.

Well worse case scenerio y'all have to wait for the season to come out on DVD in which case you should buy it ASAP because the show will hook you in, it's amazingly funny and nasty and just damn good. I have the season finale TIVO'd so i am gonna sit down and watch it tonight. If not anything else pick up the book, it's just as good as the show.

Thanks for the tip h2k!  I most certainly will check it out.

Oh, skidog, I wanted to tell you, the trick to eating a clown is to let the meat age in your cellar for a while then put some hickory in your BBQ when you cook em up, they get a nice woodsy flavor and are really tender.

H2k thanks for the grilling tip... I'm actually working on a recipe for apple wood smoked clown jerky.  It works so well on elves I thought I would try it on the clowns.

lol

Very nice, keep it up and you'll be the Martha Stewert of clown recipies.

Today we will bake meat pies...  Our special guest, Todd Sweeny the Deamon Barber of Fleet Street!  Come out Todd and take a bow!  Todd is gonna show us how to dress the clown.  Todd...

Ah, I love that guy, he is better than Emeril! Crap, I think I watch too many cooking shows, am I gonna lose my man card over this?

Only if you succeed at the breast feeding suggestion from the other board.  AND I'll make you wear that pink dress again!

Never will I wear the pink dress again! I am all that is man! Well at least some of what is man.......... or something like that.

I don't have Showtime either, but I'm eagerly awaiting this series on DVD.  I don't have even basic cable, so I actually watch most of my TV on DVD.  I love the Showtime original series, and unlike HBO they don't break the bank.  I've purchased Weeds, Brotherhood and Sleeper Cell for $20.00 or less.  And loved them all.  Dexter is defintely on my wish list.

If I were able to afford even basic cable, I'd have to have a DVR, because DVD's have so spoiled me.  I love watching shows at my own pace and commercial free.  I can't guarantee that I'll be able to keep up with a weekly show anyway, unless it's one that's procedural like CSI or the Law and Orders.

This show rocks, so yea your gonna want to buy it. As soon as I see a release date I will try and post it as news or at least hit the forums with it. I watched the finale last night and it surprised me.

This really sucks because I don't have showtime of course..I have every other fringin channel like the 5 million HBO's and such and of course I don't have showtime..I love Michael Hall from Six Feet Under which is my favorite show of all time..this really saddens me..:( lol

Don't worry Showtime seems to be real quick about getting their seasons out on DVD, but yea he does a real good job playing a person that has no emotions but has to pretend to be normal.

thats how his character was in Six Feet Under..

showtime really has the best shows on TV hands down.

They are definately giving HBO a run for their money, I still like Deadwood but the Sopranoes just got to be too much and Dexter is way better.

they should put it on HBO..my boyfriend loves deadwood I can't understand it..

I think it really is a guy show, but have your boyfriend teach you how to use the F word at least four times per sentance and then the show will start to make sense.

thats no problem there because I use it more then he does..I have to admit I quit the truckdriver mouth especially when I'm mad lol..thats why when my daughter goes to college it will be paid in full because where gonna a curse jar and between myself and two brothers shes gonna have a free ride because of our potty mouths..lol

I loved the first season of Dexter on the Showtime channels. It was great and quite funny with some decent gore in it for a cable tv series.

I can't wait for season 2.