Topic: Guillermo Del Toro Interview

Enjoy kids, leave some feedback

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_7099.html

Re: Guillermo Del Toro Interview

Awesome interview.  Would love to meet Del Toro sometime, seems like such a cool guy.  I really wanna see THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE, have yet to find it anywhere.  Probably get it after the holidays on the web when i got gift cards and cash galore.

i just love how candid he is. Down to earth, to the point, admits some of the flaws in his films, but also is crazy talented.

Strangely enough, I rented The Devil's Backbone from Blockbuster a long time ago.  You may be able to find it there. 

I'm a big fan of Guillermo, but he has so many projects on his plate that it's difficult to get excited anymore.  I have no doubt he'll get Madness done at some point in his career, but he's been talking Madness for so long now, that I have to take it with a grain of salt. 

I loved Hellboy, I liked Blade 2, and I tolerated Mimic.  His American films are sorta hit and miss, though all are entertaining in their  own right.  He reminds me of John Woo.  Would anybody here that has seen the films argue that Cronos and The Devil's Backbone are superior works.  I blame the studios mostly, but some fault does lie with Guillermo.

It was a good interview, and I'm really looking forward to Pan's Labrinth and the Hellboy sequel(which I have no doubt will get made).

Last edited by sMart (2006-12-20 09:26:11)

I enjoyed Mimic and Blade 2 was great fun to. I dont know why he gets so much flack on Blade 2. Hellboy was "ok" and Hellboy 2 really doesnt interest me to much at this point.

So far I have pretty much enjoyed everything he has done but I think he has a little more freedom when he makes his movies without an american studio in the mix which is why I have to agree with sMart on that point, the devil's backbone and cronos are very cool films but I liked Blade 2 and Hellboy just as much. I can't wait to see Pan's labrynth and Hellboy 2.

My Blockbuster doesn't have shit.  But the two Hollywood vids i go to have a lot of cool stuff.  Will look there.

I personally think that Blade II is the best of the series, kick ass flick.  I really digged Hellboy and for Mimic I saw it quite a while ago so my memory on it is a bit hazy.

blade 2 was the best for sure, and Mimic was great fun.. I need to get it on dvd.

I've put Hellboy on my list of DVDs to get.  I already have all three Blade movies.  For sure Mimic was cool too!