Topic: Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi

Over the past month, my boyfriend has really gotten me into this show, lol.

woot new episodes starting may 28th XD i'm pretty happy about that.

last night was great, seemed like a mini-marathon smile

Anyone else dig the show?

Re: Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi

I've actually been a fan of the show since it started.  I've tried to watch other shows that are sort of the same, but I find myself becoming a bit bored with them.  The T.A.P.S. guys just seem to have a better handle on the situation or something, but they keep it fun.  Plus some of the places they get to go to seem to be a lot better than the rest.

I don't believe in ghosts but yeah I do watch Ghost Hunters from time to time and also on the Travel channel they have like Haunted Travels and shows like that too.

I love this show. I've been watching this for quite sometime now and sort of fell out of the loop for a little while and then gone back to it. I love everything that goes into the show and how they actually try and look for all the ghosts and how they simply can see them at the end of the show.

I always wanted to watch this show but always forgot to check it out.

It's hit or miss, depending on the phenomena they encounter.  Usually these shows are just a lot of people walking around in the dark overreacting to every little thing that happens.  That said, I watch them all.

But I REALLY miss MTV's Fear.  Now that was a scary show.  But it was ludicrous to ask someone to spend 8 hours alone in a jail cell for a chance to win $250 or whatever it was.

Constantce wrote:

It's hit or miss, depending on the phenomena they encounter.  Usually these shows are just a lot of people walking around in the dark overreacting to every little thing that happens.  That said, I watch them all.

But I REALLY miss MTV's Fear.  Now that was a scary show.  But it was ludicrous to ask someone to spend 8 hours alone in a jail cell for a chance to win $250 or whatever it was.

Yeah Mtv's Fear was a cool show that I liked too. I miss the show World's Scariest Places on Earth hosted by Linda Blair but all there is now are like 2 seasons of old reruns.:(

I love that show - though in truth, I dig all ghost hunting shows.

RIP wrote:

Yeah Mtv's Fear was a cool show that I liked too. I miss the show World's Scariest Places on Earth hosted by Linda Blair but all there is now are like 2 seasons of old reruns.:(

Me too.  They call me Robson.

My wife and I watch this show quite a bit, so I guess you could call us fans . . . smile

We really do appreciate the fact that they seem to try to debunk everything before labelling anything as being paranormal.  (The Ghost Hunters: International was NOT nearly as good at doing this!)  We've let a lot of the episodes build up on the DVR, so we're a little behind - we just watched the episode in the Cashmore Inn.

I love it when they catch something solid on video . . .

I occasionally watch Ghost Hunters, but only to laugh at them. It's not that I don't believe in ghosts or the supernatural, but those guys are just a bunch of dumbasses. Like most self-appointed "ghost hunters" they rely on a lot of unproven methods and tout themselves as "experts" while not knowing anything more than any 12 year old with the internet and an hour could learn. I think it's funny that there are "investigators-in-training". I often wonder what it is they don't know that they other guys do. haha. These guys just happened to be in the right place at the right time and hit it big with this show.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not completely down on the show. It can be very entertaining sometimes and I, like most of you, get a certain amount of enjoyment out of watching people talk about ghosts even if they are full of shit. But honestly, have you ever seen any of these guys do anything that you yourself couldn't do? (that is if you aren't afraid of the dark and had a little bit of cash for some equipment) I haven't.

And have you ever wondered what their basis is for a lot of their methods? EMF detectors are not made to detect ghosts, they can be set off VERY easily by lots of things, and who ever decided that ghosts give off electromagnetic fields in the first place? The so-called EVP's, without their interpretations could be made to say just about anything and could honestly be pretty much anything including tape defects as any audio/video person could tell you. And orbs aren't impressive. They're usually dust, bugs or flares in the camera lens. There have been a couple of strange things on that show but mostly what it boils down to is a bunch of guys running around in the dark scaring themselves.

Let's start our own Ghost Hunter Team!!! LOL!

Image Entertainment has announced that they will bring the acclaimed Sci-Fi Channel show Ghost Hunters to Blu-ray on January 6th as 'The Absolute Best of Ghost Hunters'. This single disc release will contain both volumes of 'Ghost Hunters - The Very Best of' as well as a never before seen 'Ghost Hunters Revelations.

No video specs have been announced at this time, but audio will be presented in Dolby Digital. Special features have also yet to be announced.