Topic: Remake rumors for Pet Sematary

There has been an update ( http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6232.html ) Goon posted some news saying that George Clooney may be in the remake, So it turns out that this may happen after all, And yes i conseder this to be realy stupid & pointless as far as remakes goes, Cause i think it will be a damn shame to see a flick thats not even 20 years old be turned into more remake trash, Be sure to check out Goon's bit of news and share your thoughts.

Last edited by Norrock The Zombie Eater (2006-08-01 12:22:13)

Re: Remake rumors for Pet Sematary

When it comes to remakes, it is all about what movie is being remade for me.  Pet Semetery is one movie which I think should not be remade just because it worked great the first time and it is a classic Stephen King movie being the first with his name on it.

Edit:  I just read that Stephen King is not writing the script... which means I now weep.

Last edited by TheDudeWithTheShotgun (2006-07-03 18:09:44)

Yea I agree with The Dude here.. Alot of the time it just depends on the original.. I feel that if the movie is great the first time, why mess with it? This is really one of my favorite movies so to remake this to me would be a crime.

But it makes me wonder because in just about a month they will be releasing the Collectors Edition of Pet Semetary.. That scares me a bit.. But it looks like the project is in turnaround and probably won't be made any time soon.. But I do think it is only going to be a matter of time.. Unfortunately..

I could not agree more with what Goon hopes (Since B-D mixed up their last scoop I'm secretly hoping that they messed up on the title this time. Maybe the movie is something like Wet Crematory).

Sorry guys, but I loved the novel, and while the movie was creepy and entertaining, I felt importaint parts of the book were left out of the film.  I was left unsatified.  I do agree that remake isn't a good idea though.

What parts of the book did you feel needed to be included? I read the book as well and was just wondering on what you thought should have been included..

Granted it's been quite awhile since I read the book, I believe the underlying theme to be the acceptance or non-acceptance of death.  The passing of Mrs. Crandall and Louis's explaination to his Daughter that death happens was an importaint point.  The characture of Mrs. Crandall wasn't even in the movie, no doubt cut for time in the adaptation to screenplay.

Well I think thats why they focused on the death of the cat.. and made the story of Zelda such an impact... Zelda is the scariest character I have seen on screen, personally.. My hair always stands on end when I hear her screaming in the movie.. "Rachel!!!"

Well our hopes came true.. B-D was wrong about there scoop on George Clooney.. I thought he would be a little to A-list to do a horror film.

WHy is it that A-List actors don't do horror? I don't understand... anyway, I loved the novel, but I didnt feel the movie lived up to it. However, the movie used the PERFECT little kid to play Gage, perfectly creepy. The overall theme came out well, but I don't think they should remake it. I mean come on, A: there are too many damn remakes as it is, and B: the original was great and less than 20 years old  -it doesn't NEED nor DESERVE a remake. King doesnt usually write the screen plays for the movies based from his novels, but it would be better if he would on this one.

I agree whole heartedly with you Stigma.  Anyways, I dug out the book and set it out to reread after I finish my current read.  Then just to satify my morbid curiosity I'll rewatch the movie.

I agree with the no-remake vote..it just shouldn't be done....

Yea, I gotta say when I read a book I don't really care if it matches the book perfectly.. I just care that its a good movie.. Pet Sematary is one of my favorite movies of all time..

Pet Cemetery is a great movie.  However, I could care less if they remade it.  It's just not of those movies that would piss me off if remade.

i gotta agree with tim

HEY GOON ! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read your blog...very interesting ..I too am anxious to see Quentin and Robert's movie..I am a big fan of both .

the bomb girl movie looks interesting  hmmmm.

as for The Descent I've seen it.. i originally saw this on bootleg at a friend's house and thought it was a straight-to-DVD rental..but it was sooooo good ! I later found out it was to be released in the U.S. this year and have been waiting for this..seeing it in the theaters was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!

Heh.. thanks for reading HorrorQueen.. I just started it up so I only have a couple posts in it.. Yea Grind House is going to be a treat.. The bomb girl movie you are referring to is called "Mercury Man".. Its not horror but it looks awesome. I'm going to see the Descent tonight so I can't wait to check it out..

Still love this movie too and definitely don't think there is any need for a re-make of it.

I resurrect this thread!

I was just playing around on IMDB & saw that Pet Sematary is scheduled for production this year! Obviously IMDB is not always acurate & things can sit in "production" for a while & disappear altogether.

I came here & found this thread - I can't believe it! Pet Semetary was a fabulous movie, it doesn't need a remake - especially without Stephen King being involved.

Has anyone heard any more on this?

Edit: Wish I could spell... fixed now! smile

Last edited by ZombieGrrL (2008-05-16 08:15:00)

Pity those corporate prats dont read this site and save their money. Or is it a tax thing? No remake for me either.

Man do we really need another remake???
Why can't anybody come up with anything new??
Well they redid Carrie and the Shining why not others that will be doomed to fail?