Topic: Favourite Horror Sub-Genre and Which Movie?

I wanted to know what everyone's favourite horror sub-genre was (as the title says:)) and what you favourite movie of that sub genre is. Also why do you like that kind of horror movie, like what keeps you watching it?

Mine is (and I have a feeling it will always be) slashers.
My favourite slasher I'm going to say is...The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning. (I do consider it a slasher, although is has survivour horror elements).
That was hard, I thought for like five minutes haha. I love the original Halloween as well (proabably 2nd fav), the original TCM and both of those movies' remakes as well. Actually I just really love them all haha.
Slasher's appeal to me I guess because IKWYDLS was pretty much my first horror (and slasher), excluding Jaws (when I was young I didn't consider that movie horror, how niave I was...)
but ultimately slashers are my fav because I LOVE the chase scenes, and I have always enjoyed seing something somewhat realistic. Texas Chainsaw ALWAYS has amazing chase scenes! I love the stalking that goes on as well. I love all the genres of horror, but slashers will always be my favourite. I love the gore, suspense (which I knowall horror has...well expect pg-13 stuff, however some those are good....ok off topic).  Just always really liked slashers.
I never found slashers all that scary although many do instill fear or a growing creepiness in me, if you know what I mean.

Re: Favourite Horror Sub-Genre and Which Movie?

I am partial to monster movies. Guys in rubber suits. Current favourite is Humanoids From The Deep.

i love cannibal movies, and Cannibal Holocaust is my favorite

zombie flicks. dawn of the dead (org) but i find that i re-watch shawn of the dead more often than any other.

I guess all of my top ten favorites other than The Thing are movies with supernatural elements. These include Exorcist, Susperia, The Beyond, Hellraiser, Phantasm, various Draculas etc. All different films but all involve the great beyond we do not understand. Slashers, in large part, don't scare me. I need a slasher to be more imaginitive than a guy in a goofy mask chasing and stabbing teens when they're being naughty. I do like a good slasher though, for sure, Evil Dead Trap was a slasher that I enjoyed and yes, Halloween too.