Topic: Rob Zombie Taking on Halloween

I think Rob Zombie is perfect for this film. He really works well within the timeline this film will take place. In fact all of his films have been set in the 70s so this should work out nicely.

His films have been very down and gritty.. I really enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses and even moreso The Devils Rejects. I think he can definetly re-invent Michael Myers and make him scary again. Myers has turned into sort of like a ho hum slasher.. We need to see the character shown in a much darker light.. Thats something I think the twisted mind of Rob Zombie can do..

Re: Rob Zombie Taking on Halloween

This is by far the best thing that has happened to this franchise of films. If anyone can get the interest back its Rob Zombie.

The last few Halloween films have become somewhat of a joke IMO. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Rob Zombie, I will agree that he could breath some life into this franchise.

I look at this as a whole new movie with a whole new antagonist.  With Zombie at the helm it will be plenty scarry and strange to sure.

I'm really looking forward to this one too.  I want to see Rob's take on Michael.

Zombie's grasp of the camera and screenplay is incredible, I'd love to see some of his great creative style mixed with the old "cha cha cha cha..." sound, to quote Ned Flanders, "Sounds spine-tingly-dingly."

As soon as Halloween went past the fourth installment it flailed in the water and pretty much drowned creatively, no rapper fights, so Rob will surely bring it back to the visceral style of the old ones, and hopefully some great deaths, I wonder if he'll continue the tradition of a "he's not dead!" ending in this one.

Yea I hear some people think that he may not use Michael Myers.. But I highly doubt that.. I think Rob knows why the Halloween franchise is so popular.. I know he doesn't want to make a Halloween 3.. Don't get me wrong I love that movie but I don't think it should have been called "Halloween 3"..

I hope he brings another Dr. Loomis type character into the series.. Donald Pleasance was fantastic in all of the Halloween films he was in and I hope Zombie can bring another character like that back into the franchise..

The thing with Halloween 3, I've heard two accounts of how that came to be.  One was that the company suddenly felt they had a bust on their hands and put the Halloween title on in hopes of getting money.  The second I believe John Carpenter told that after H2 there was an idea going around maybe Halloween could be some kind of a horror anthology with different movies about things going around the time of Halloween.  3 is evidence that didn't work out.

Onto za main topic.  I have never listened to Rob Zombie's music but The Devil's Rejects just blew me away of how good he was at directing.  It was very gritty, bloody, and raw...something I like in my horror movies and it had a very old school feel and look to it.  So, I think Zombie will make Michael someone to fear again.

Good point Goon!  Dr. Loomis was a great character.  Essential in my humble opinion.  That crazy Doc running around trying to warn people of Micheal's "Pure Evil" was a large part of the plot.  Those that didn't head the warning...

Halloween III is a cool movie IMO. I think the public would have accepted it better if it were simply named "Season Of The Witch"

Yea I totally agree Morpheus.. I really like part 3 and I think sometimes it gets just pushed off to the side because it isn't a true "Halloween" film.. On its own it is a great film. I don't think it belonged in the Halloween franchise but that doesn't mean it wasn't any good..

Goon wrote:

Yea I totally agree Morpheus.. I really like part 3 and I think sometimes it gets just pushed off to the side because it isn't a true "Halloween" film.. On its own it is a great film. I don't think it belonged in the Halloween franchise but that doesn't mean it wasn't any good..

agreed. I enjoyed the movie just not as much as I should've because of the name.

i thought the third was so bad i hated it

Only one I really remember was H20 and it wasnt to bad.... it was a fun horror movie.

Yea H20 would have been a nice film to go out on.. It wrapped everything up into a nice neat package and they could have just ended it that way instead of bringing Busta into the mix..

I never really got into the Halloween series. In fact Halloween III is pretty much the only one I like if that tells you anything. I haven't seen all of them because the ones I have watched just never caught my interest. But, I am willing to give Rob Zombie's version a shot. I really enjoyed House and Rejects, so it will be interesting to see what he does with it.

Damn.. took me forever to find this thread.. Anyway some casting has been done and I wanted to get your guys opinion on it.. Personally I'm psyched since both of them can really shine in their roles..

Dr.Loomis is played by Malcolm McDowell and Danielle Harris is going to be playing the title role.. No one knows who the lead will be in the film but speculation points to Laurie Strode..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_7125.html
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_7126.html

Just found out who's gonna play Micheal

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=3421

Halloween and Rob Zombie is one of the most bizarre combo's I think I've ever heard.  That being said, its definately a good thing.  I'm really excited as to what Zombie can do to the franchise.  Can't wait.

So far the casting seems solid.  I'm really excited to see this how this movie turns out.  I just don't get not releasing Halloween on Halloween though!

Perhaps they dont want to go against Saw 4?

I really can't  wait to see the zombie take on Halloween, I love his heart love'n 70's twist on horror, our minds, terror in general.

Bulin wrote:

Perhaps they dont want to go against Saw 4?

Well I can.. I think they would squash Saw 4.. But I think the Weinsteins are afraid.. They really don't have any balls when it comes to releasing movies.. To them it has to be a 100% winner or they will push it back til it is a complete loser and end up ruining what they could have had..

I dont' understand them either but unfortunately thats how things are with them..

I'm so looking forward to seeing this movie and its kool to see Rob brining some of the actors he used in the devils rejects and house of 1000 corpses and also halloween..

yeah i like when directors stick with the same crew