Topic: the descent an early christmas present

yesterday after spending alll of my money i happen to pass FYE and saw wat looked to me as jackass number 2 and as i got closer it was jackass 2 and i was pissed/ shocked and i looked down and saw the descent and had to get it and today i was able to get both of them since i got some more christmas money so that was a nice early christmas present and the fact that i got it b4 it came out was kool

Re: the descent an early christmas present

Missed it in theatre, was The Descent good, bad or just so-so? Trailers made it look good but I need something that will keep my attention. Worth the watch?

i think it was really good i liked it whwn i saw it in the theater and i had to buy cuz it was good so go for it if u want to c a good horror movie

Hm.. thanks for the tip. Did you get a good scare, stayed up for days scared out of your witts? To me that is a good scary movie! I will go look up that movie and I'll decide for myself, but please give me some of your personal reactions to the movie. That is the key for to enjoy a scary movie.

I plan on picking up The Descent, today.  I have a buch of extra cash in need of some spending.

Welcome to the site LittleMan.  What you could do is always look at the fabulous reviews posted on this site.  In The Descent, there are a few "jumpy" moments that are sure to make you jump.  But is it scary?  No, not really.  What makes this film so great is the character development, the cinemotography, the fx, the gore... All in which is a must see for any horror fan.  Check it out, you wont be dissapointed.

I'd also recommend seeing The Descent. It has some great moments of dread in it as well as some scenes that might make you jump. The film works well. The characters aren't the typical types you'd expect to see. All in all a decent horror movie.

I just picked up The Descent today.  I had to buy it.

Hate to say it but I bought it and I fell asleep in the middle of it. It would be scarey for anyone who is claustraphobic for sure. Seen better.

aw come on Freakbynature, if we would have watched this one together we would still be talking about it. This is ONE of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I love the emphasis on the woman being strong, not loose, tacky, flakey, or stupid. If we were splunking together, we would have made the same choices. Well I would have screamed more... NEXT time you are in town we will watch this together, its beautifully creepy:)
and everything Timthezombie said about the movie is right on. the claustraphobic experiance is captured perfectly too.
I have plenty of popcorn.

the only bad thing bout it is it takes to long for the ceatures to come ot and play but as soon as the one women breaks her leg its alll good