Topic: Reporting Spammers

So I am going to put a post on this up just to get everyone a heads up because we had a whole lot of spamming recently. 

If you see someone who is spamming the board with nonsense posts or links for thins like shoes, coupons, CD cracks, illegal downloads...etc etc....  go ahead and report these.  Down in the bottom right hand coner of every post is a button that says "Report" and you just have to give a reason what its for.  Doing so will ensure that a Moderator see's the report and deals with the posts accordingly.

Also, Meh and Goon are the Admins and handle Banning members so if you notice a spammer feel free to at least send one of them the full correct User Name so they can properly ban them.  You can PM these names to other Mods, but Mods cant ban so they just go ahead and forward the same info over to Goon or Meh. 

Finally, dont waste your time replying to these posters by cussing them out, calling them names, and swearing at them.  They dont read their topics after they post so is pointless and ultimately isnt worth the time you put into the post.  Plus just because they are spammers doesnt mean something can be said towards them that crosses a line and offends other members on the forums. 

So bottom line, you see a spammer, hit the report button in the bottom right corner of the post and it will be dealt with accordingly.   Thats what the buttons there for and I am sure Meh appreciates everyone's help in making this a fun and spam free community.

Re: Reporting Spammers

Thanks for letting me know, I never even noticed that button.

^I think a lot of people dont know its there or what it was for.  Just helps Mods andAdmins better if people us it because sometime posts can be overlooked.

ahh...i never noticed it either

Thanks for posting on this!  Will do.

Nice to let us know, havent seen any yet but will help out.

Glad to see this post didnt go unnoticed as we got lots of people using the report button the last days for a spammer thats been hitting us hard.

Thanks for keepin an eye out everyone!

Theres a spammer hanging around now posting shit...

shemarvin9 is going around to every thread posting "cool cool".  At an obvious attempt to win free shit with ToeTags.  Might as well be spam.

The Spammer named Andominc is back again with 13 posts and every single one of them is selling some shit. The last one is in the DVD Bartering and Trade section.

I know only Meh and Goon can ban this person but can't the Mods delete this person's thread completely?

Hey, mods?  Mods!  Hey, mods!  I found a spammer.  He keeps posting about boobies and beer and his weiner.  I think maybe he's an ad bot for, like, the Playboy Channel.  Or maybe Zima.

Is there anything you can do about this?

LoudLon wrote:

Hey, mods?  Mods!  Hey, mods!  I found a spammer.  He keeps posting about boobies and beer and his weiner.  I think maybe he's an ad bot for, like, the Playboy Channel.  Or maybe Zima.

Is there anything you can do about this?

His name wouldn't be Lonnie would it???:P:lol:

How did you -- uh...no.  No, it wouldn't. 

Beer, boobies, penis.

TiM the Zombie Wrote:
shemarvin9 is going around to every thread posting "cool cool".  At an obvious attempt to win free shit with ToeTags.  Might as well be spam.

I am not spam, and I wasn't posting it either. I was actually reading everything, and commenting on stuff. I am sorry if I offended anyone by saying cool so many times.
I'm just here to have fun.
I got in trouble because someone reported me, when I wasn't spamming, and I lost 50 toetags on the 1st warning which I think was unfair.
I changed the way I comment now.
I wasn't on here harassing, spamming, aggravating, and so on. If anyone had a problem all you had to do is send me a message.
I'm a very nice girl, who doesn't hurt or bother anyone at all. Anyone who knows me, knows that much. So I am sorry again to anyone who was offended by my actions.

Last edited by shemarvin9 (2008-05-26 23:18:30)

I have to say I was terribly offended.  I had a very bad experience with someone who used to say "cool" all the time so your posts have brought me nothing but continuous heartache and emotional turmoil.  DAMN that Kool Aid Man.  What kind of person uses you one night and then never returns your calls?  That son of a bitch.  That big, round, red...incredible...son of a bitch.

I kid, I kid.  Kudos for standing up for yourself, shemarvin.  Plus one rep point to you. cool

Cheers to ya shemarvin

No, jam -- I was joking about Rip.
big_smile

Rip is a joke lol lol

lol jk dude tongue

RIP's from my neck of the woods, he can't be all bad.  And in defense of shemarvin, when you have as few toe tags and posts as us, I don't think anyone has to worry about us winning on numbers.

big_smile

shemarvin, I have a "favorite" bookmark that opens up the list of "new" posts on HM, so when there were 2 pages of new posts, I was confused - and at first a bit bothered.  It only took me reading a few to see that you were catching up on all the news, old stuff included. 

I can't fault you for wanting to read everything!  After all, we are so freaking fascinating and intriguing, and the news is all SO HOT.

Once again, Lon, that lap dance line.....
"Kudos for standing up for yourself, shemarvin.  Plus one rep point to you. Now...how about that lap dance?"

Do NOT feel you have to grind the boys to earn rep points, shemarvin.  That's not how I got 53.  Or is it?

Constantce wrote:

"Kudos for standing up for yourself, shemarvin.  Plus one rep point to you. Now...how about that lap dance?"

It is a bit of a funny signature to have, isn't it?  Too bad it always shows at the bottom of every post.  It reads like a really inappropriate P.S.
lol

LoudLon wrote:
Constantce wrote:

It is a bit of a funny signature to have, isn't it?  Too bad it always shows at the bottom of every post.  It reads like a really inappropriate P.S.
lol  "Now... how about that lap dance?"

Your message is reading like a triple negative.  I love it!

Can one of you Mods get rid of this new annoying spammer before I put my foot through this monitor and whoop his ass???????:o

Hang in there, RIP.  I sent word.  smile

moviemaven wrote:

Hang in there, RIP.  I sent word.  smile

Thanks, I am doing shots now of tequilla cause of this spammer lol.:lol: