Re: Rob Zombie Taking on Halloween

Yea a lot of directors tend to do that.. M Night Shymalan comes to mind right away.. Tarantino does it little bit too..

I still wish this movie was being released on Halloween.. This has to be the biggest travesty in Hollywood releasing films.. I think its gonna tank in the summer spot.. too much competition..

I think it would be kool too for it to open on Halloween but there must reason as too why its not..

Well if you put a movie in the August spot you are thinking only one thing.. This movie is going to be HUGE.. Because you really have to have some balls or be really stupid to release a film in August..

Its the very end of the Summer film season and they are hoping on catching kids before they go back to school.. I'm guessing thats what they are thinking.. Thats really the only thing they can be thinking at this point.. I really hope they push it back as the date approaches..

Zombie is obviously a fan of the series; he has wisely chosen to not do a remake. He's doing a quasi-sequel. The cast is superlative.  Rob can be creepy, scary and funny: all the ingredients in a good HALLOWEEN film. Now to digress, FRIDAY THE !3 was a bad ripoff of HALLOWEEN; now they are going to remake it? WHY? I know $$$$$$$$. Is the mother going to wear the mask in the remake? Not one of the FRIDAY movies had one truly creepy,scary or interesting scene. There were a few jolts, but not anything creepy that gets under your skin. How Jason has become a pseudo-icon to anyone is beyond me. Sean Cunningham is a hack in the "BAD" sense, not in the ED WOOD good sense.  I AD INFERUM!

great post tod, I agree with you. It is also why i think this is one remake not getting lambasted on this site by members.

Well I have to firmly disagree with your comment about Sean Cunningham being a hack.. The first Friday the 13th was actually a well executed giallo in disguise.. Now you have to be honest when little Jason jumps up in the end sequence the first time you saw that didn't give you a little jolt? The confused look on her face when the doctors revealed they didn't find a "little boy"..

Now some of the following films were less than stellar but that original film was really good and didn't rip off of Halloween anymore than Halloween ripped off of Black Christmas..

Thats what I heard about Black Christmas it was just like halloween but it in a christmas way..I thought the friday the 13th series was good Jason kicked and I just can't see that as a rip off from Halloween it has nothing to do with it..I think its kool there gonna remake it..

yah, I am for sure stoked..says it hits theatres Aug 31..so yah..looking forward to that. Wasnt to happy with Halloween Resurection, kinda lame..so I am hoping to see the terror of Michael Myers brought back to life.