Topic: What was your saddest Character death in a Horror movie?

I was very saddened to see Nancy Thompson Die in " A Nightmare on Elm Street part 3) . I did not see that coming at the end of the movie.  Essentially I think they made a mistake because instead of them making that bullshit "Freddy's Dead" they should have had Freddy come after Nancy's kid and she Finish him once and for all, but Wes Craven fullfilled my Fantasy with "New Nightmare".

Re: What was your saddest Character death in a Horror movie?

For some reason I was very sad to see Sarah Michelle Gellar die in " I know what you did last summer". I hate seeing pretty girls die and her scene was so ironic because she was almost to safety.

One of the saddest character deaths for me would have to be when Ben is shot at the end of Night of the Living Dead.  It was just horrible.

In Automation Transfusion the poor guy upstairs screaming for God really shook me.
I liked the doorman in The Toolbox Murders, he was a damn good doorman!!!
I hated that Beauty (the dog) in The Hills Have Eyes bit the big one sad

Paris Hilton in House of Wax............................NOT!!!!!:lol::P

I guess I felt sorry for the girl in Friday the 13th part 2 who went upstairs and Jason came up out of the bed and stabbed her when all she wanted to do was get her some lol.

TheDudeWithTheShotgun wrote:

One of the saddest character deaths for me would have to be when Ben is shot at the end of Night of the Living Dead.  It was just horrible.

Thats exactly what i was going to put. I agree it was horrible! I never saw it coming...

lol @ RIP. I think I remember everyone cheering when that happened.

Brendan Gleeson in "28 Days Later" - he was so badass and such a good, loving father.....sad to see him go.

And I really felt bad for Jared Padelecki's character in 'House of Wax".  That death just looked horrible, the pain he must've felt...

boogie86 wrote:

For some reason I was very sad to see Sarah Michelle Gellar die in " I know what you did last summer". I hate seeing pretty girls die and her scene was so ironic because she was almost to safety.

I just wished that stupid series of movies would've died right along with her.  That was the saddest part of that death.:)

I actually cried after seeing F13: The Final Chapter.  I thought they'd really killed Jason.  I was thinking to myself there is no way he can come back from something like that.  I mean we saw his head slide down a machete.  Wasn't I such a young ignorant kid back then.  I didn't realize, in the movies, MONEY can bring back anybody.:D

I also agree with the Ben comment.

The Pitcairn zombie in Dawn 78.  I know he was already dead.  But he breaks my heart every time. I just wanna give him a hug...before I blow his head off.  LMAO

Ah, yes...the Bach's Arco Pitcairn softball uniform zombie...sad, but yeah, would've totally destroyed his brain.

For me, it was a kid in A Nightmare on Elm Street 2, during the sequence where Freddy crashes the pool party and is arbitrarily killing kids.  This one kid runs past and Freddy rams his blades into the kid's stomach.  Just the way the guy reacted, I guess -- it really hit me and I felt so sad for him.

jason,it so sad to see him go.....

Shelly in Friday part 3. He was so goddamn funny, didn't deserve to die.

Sam in I Am Legend.   sad

Halloween(2007) - the guard in the asylum who befriended Myers as a child and then was killed by Myers when he escaped......."Michael, I was always good to you"......:lol:

LoudLon wrote:

Ah, yes...the Bach's Arco Pitcairn softball uniform zombie...sad, but yeah, would've totally destroyed his brain.

For me, it was a kid in A Nightmare on Elm Street 2, during the sequence where Freddy crashes the pool party and is arbitrarily killing kids.  This one kid runs past and Freddy rams his blades into the kid's stomach.  Just the way the guy reacted, I guess -- it really hit me and I felt so sad for him.

I remember that guy lol That was a bad movie , but it had some interesting idea's in it. I also found Freddy to be incredibly dark and twisted in that movie.

What about that guy in the wheel chair from Friday the 13th who took a Machete to the head and then trampled down a flight of stairs lol That was funny and sad because he couldn't  defend himself. I guess Jason doesn't discriminate against  your disability, race, sex , or creed.

jmh314 wrote:

I wasn't right for days after that one.  Oh my god did I cry.  A LOT.  sad

Alice brother ( the karate kid) in A Nightmare on Elm St. part 4 - he was the only teenager i cared for in that movie.
Marvin from Hatcher - god he was funny in that movie
The Fly/Brundle in David Cronenberg's The Fly - i think i almost cried when she blew his brains out.
Ken Foree's friend in Dawn of the Dead
Pin Head in Hellbound: Hellraiser 2 - after gaining his human self back i felt sorry he could'nt do much to help Kristy and he looked at Kristy before his demise. ( that part IMO was sad)
Vamp - Vegas wanna be nightclub host whos of only dreams was to relocate to Vegas
The Priest from the Exorcist - ( who went through the window in the end)
It - the one with glasses and ashma
Deadly Friend - Bee Bee the Robot

Barbara (Shaun's Mom) in "Shaun of the Dead".   Watching her go like that was Heartbreaking.

Stephen King always screws you with his aw shucks characters that you think just might save the day.

The saddest?  The Shining when Dick Halloran finally shows up, after a grueling trip, and Jack kills him in about a second.

jmh314 wrote:

Very true... That was sad. I don't know why, but sometimes I feel more empathy towards animals (horses and dogs mostly) when they get hurt or die in movies... Maybe it's because they can't talk or something, I dunno, I'm weird.

The saddest that I can think of at the moment without stealing it from someone else is the very end of The Mist. That was HORRIBLE. I actually did cry on that one. The music really added to it and my eyes just watered!

Most of my answers have been mentioned already, lol.  I know I'm gonna get ripped a new one for this but I was SO sad at the end of Devil's Rejects  sad  I'd have to say the WORST for me was in the original NOTLD when Ben was shot....OMG! Imagine surviving all that zombie shite just to be shot by a bunch of redneck hicks mad  GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!  See, I STILL haven't recovered from it hmm

jamhorner wrote:

Sam, the dog from I Am Legend. Why is it that an animal's death is worse than a human's? Interesting.....

That is definitely true.   I have been thinking about writing about that very thing for a while now.

Hey, reminds me of a thread from a while back:

http://horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=7048