Topic: Anybody into HK/Chinese horror movies?

Anybody into HK/Chinese Horror movies?

Re: Anybody into HK/Chinese horror movies?

I had two, both different called THE IMP. Another vampire /witch title also. Pretty good HK, violent and nasty. I would have more but I don't like to blind buy very much.

Oh, yeah, I love me some Asian horror.  Some favorites:

Mr. Vampire
The Untold Story
Dr. Lamb
Blue Jean Monster
The Seventh Curse
Wicked City (live action)
Peacock King
Red to Kill
A Chinese Ghost Story
Rikki O: Story of Ricky
Encounter of the Spooky Kind
The Host
Ringu
Audition
Versus
Wild Zero

I could go on.

LoudLon wrote:

Wicked City (live action)

That was wild, i was a huge fan of the anime version as well.

i've only seen one Chinese horror movie, We Are Going To Eat You. i liked it alot.

***SPOILERS****

but i kinda figured the Cheif would die at the end. he was a jackass.

Yes i am into this type of Horror. This along with Asian and J-Horror movies are my bread and butter. It really doesn't matter which one it is, i love them all and think to this day is the best type of horror out there.

While not exactly horror, more comedy horror, i recently saw bio-zombie, gotta say it was a really fun film.

Don't forget about Death Note being more on the line of horror and i'm talking about the live action version to Death Note.

I am not as big into HK/Chinese, they havent put out as many good films as Japan and Korea.  Recently been getting into some more films from Thailand.  They have some good stuff.

I own like about 40 asian horror films now but not too sure which ones are chinese, japanese, korean, etc......they're all asian to me lol.

I think Korean horror is top of the class, followed by Japan.

'Asian horror' has to be my current favourite horror genre at the moment. It's over the past few years it's been delivering a steady supply of fresh and genuinely eerie movies, making up for the often tired gore fest offerings of the western movie market. Evidence of their notable brilliance found in the spate of western remakes of stuff like Ringu, Ju-on (The Grudge), Dark Water, The Eye and (not horror, but nevertheless brilliant) Infernal Affairs.

jmh314, what makes Korean horror the best?  I may need to pick up some to watch!

I'm a huge fan of Asian cinema period, even outside of the horror genre