Topic: Roy Lee Gearing Up More Remakes

Roy Lee is the guy who actually does a good job at making remakes. He is sort of the exact opposite of what Michael Bay does. He has produced such remakes as The Ring, The Departed, and The Lake House. Films with a little class.
Well SciFi Wire is r...

Read More : Roy Lee Gearing Up More Remakes

Re: Roy Lee Gearing Up More Remakes

i had no idea the lake house was a remake. The things people will remake.

I haven't even seen The Host yet and its already being prepped for a remake.  To be honest, I'd rather not see another Ring film.  Nor do I want to see a remake of the asian horror films that Goon listed.  Especially The Eye... I can't see anyone matching up to the wonderful job the Pang Bro's did.

hmmm. i'm not a big fan of the asian remakes myself.

the eye and oldboy are both great movies, oldboy especially. after seeing the original movies, it's really hard to sit through the americanized versions of these movies. they're never even close to being as good.

Yea but with Jessica Alba starring in The Eye I think that will be enough to get alot of people in seats..

Heh, you've hooked me there!  Although, right now, it sounds like a bunch of BS.

Heh well it wasn't a joke.. Jessica Alba is REALLY starring in the film.. Check out the article below..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6132.html

-shrugs- jessica alba being in it doesn't make me want to see it any more or less than i already do. my boyfriend thinks it will be pretty descent. maybe it will be. i bet you're right though; her being in it will attract a larger audience.

as for the other remake- i don't see how they can remake oldboy and it be better or even as good. anyone heard who will be playing oh dae-su?

Hmmm... worth the price of admission?

actually, roy lee is attached to horror movies as the producer because he's the conduit for remake rights. for instance, in the grudge, when sam raimi saw it and wanted to do it, he asked those around him who the F* the other guy at the screening was. it was roy lee. i don't know that he has much creative input after "sold".

btw - anyone here dig the new Number 23 stuff? not exactly horror, but cool nonetheless. schumacher looks like he's doing noir-type stuff - cool look and vibe. has a very david cronenberg feel.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Hmmm... worth the price of admission?

imo - doubtful.

i'd have to see trailers and clips to change my mind, but my experience with remakes has generally not been a good one, BUT i will say this, the remake of pulse was good, and i paid for admission on that one (which is rare in itself).

i read that park chanwook wants sean penn to play as oh dae-su, but who knows. as soon as any ones for sure, they should post it. i'm very curious to know who it will be.

Heh... ok The Ring remake was fantastic.. It was probably the best asian remake we have had so far.. The Eye is probably my favorite Chinese horror flick.. One of my top Asian flicks anyway.. So will it be as good as the original? probably not but I still think it has some potential.. The directors involved look very talented and with some nice eye candy this movie sounds like it will pull in big at the box office..

Also in response to The Number 23 comment.. Yea that flick looks amazing.. I just started paying attention to that film the other day and wow.. Really blew me away.. looks great..