Topic: Need a chat room still!

We still need a chat room on HM.ca.:P

Re: Need a chat room still!

How long have you been after that?  It would be a nice addition.

the5thdroog wrote:

Over a year now lol.:lol:

It would be buzzing every night for sure. I think it's a good idea.

RIP wrote:
the5thdroog wrote:

Over a year now lol.:lol:

I thought I'd remembered you bringing up this topic before.  Didn't Meh say they were working on something like that?  Not that I need more of an excuse to be on and off this site everyday.:)

Last edited by the5thdroog (2008-06-15 14:56:14)

haha i forgot all about this. but now that you mention it, yes we need a chatroom here

It could not hurt big_smile.

A very good idea,

Yeah nothing like the women around here getting sexually harassed in real time by Rip.  roll

the problem with a chat room is its alot harder to police and it would kill the forums where you can read conversation and respond at leisure.

^Yeah I can understand that.  Conversations would take place on their that would take away from threads.

What about a messenger where you can send IM's directly to members who are signed in?  This way you can talk to people live without having to police a chat or worry about signing up or switching messaging systems.

Everyone could just dive into a big MSN or AIM conversation. You can invite friends into those, can you not?
Or use some p2p program. Soulseek, you can set up chat rooms in that.

^ The biggest problem is it seems some people have MSN, some have AIM, and some have Yahoo Messenger.  There is no good way to link all that together.

jmh314 wrote:

^ The biggest problem is it seems some people have MSN, some have AIM, and some have Yahoo Messenger.  There is no good way to link all that together.

That's a bummer. Well AIM takes what, 10 seconds to make an account? We could all just do that, if need be. I have AIM and MSN, so I fit into most categories.

jmh314 wrote:

Yeah nothing like the women around here getting sexually harassed in real time by Rip.  roll

Yeah, we'd need a Rip moderator.  Or moderripper?  Riperator?  Some kind of "ator."

A private messenger could work...not that the site isn't amazing enough already tongue

LoudLon wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

Yeah, we'd need a Rip moderator.  Or moderripper?  Riperator?  Some kind of "ator."

How about Ripinator? Beerinator? Gasinator? The Gas Man?

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
LoudLon wrote:
jmh314 wrote:

How about Ripinator? Beerinator? Gasinator? The Gas Man?

That is that movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Cough cough.......CHAT ROOM!!!

You're really pushing this, aren't you?

Hey Rip, if i was you i would stop going at it about the chat room b/c Meh is going to start getting pissed off. Just be patient man. He will tell us sooner or later if it's going to happen or not. So just be patient.