Topic: Rob Zombie's Underground on TCM

I didn't see any postings on it but I would be interested in getting your opinions....The first few weeks haven't been the most exciting but there looks like a few good movies coming up soon, especially like last weekend with Romero's The Crazies and NOTLD.  Here is the rest of the schedule

Friday, November 3
2 a.m.: SISTERS (1973)

Friday, November 10
2 a.m.: ELECTRA GLIDE IN BLUE (1973)

Friday, November 17
2 a.m.: FREAKS (1932)
3 a.m.: MARK OF THE VAMPIRE (1935)

Friday, November 24
2 a.m.: THE SADIST (1963)
3:45 a.m.: WILD GUITAR (1962)

Friday, December 1
2 a.m.: THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968)

Friday, December 8
2 a.m.: THE HONEYMOON KILLERS (1970)

Friday, December 15
2 a.m.: DERANGED (1974)

Friday, December 22
2 a.m.: WEST OF ZANZIBAR (1928)
3:45 a.m.: UNHOLY THREE (1925)

Friday, December 29
2 a.m.: MADHOUSE (1974)
3:45 a.m.: THE LAST MAN ON EARTH (1964

Re: Rob Zombie's Underground on TCM

I feel that it has a lot of potential.  So far I have enjoyed what I have seen, especially the Romero one.  As for upcoming, I cannot wait to see what he says about The Last Man on Earth (one of my favorite horror films).

I FINALLY watched this the other night.. I caught a double bill of Vincent Price movies. The Conqueror Worm and The Abominable Dr. Phibes.. The best thing about these movies is that they are aired totally uncut.. Nudity and everything. Well worth staying up for..

But I was a little disappointed by Rob Zombies presence.. I thought he would be able to provide some cool little insightful bits but he just comes off as a guy sitting there for a paycheck reading a cue card.. At least the movies were good..

Agreed, I know he picked all of the films but it is pretty obvious he did most of the intros and exits in one session  and is reading off a teleprompter....

I'm with you guys, I though he would be offering up trivia and stories about the films but i didn't see any of that.

I wish I could stay up for this but I'm in bed way before ti comes on..:(

What a great show.  I've actually seen it a couple times now.  I didnt find anything wrong with Zombie's presence, but whatever.

Hes just blatantly reading off a teleprompter.. Its nothing like what he is like when he is discussing horror films. He is usually very passionate about films and on this show he just kind of talks really monotone about the films..

Watched the Honeymoon Killers last week.. It was OK but it didn't really grab my attention at all.. It was one of those old drive in crime films..

That's the thing about most cult flicks, fascinating yet dated.

Has anyone noticed that Rob Zombie isn't in the beginning anymore? I guess he didn't film enough intros to last this long into the series.. I know they were all pretaped so he probably hasn't gotten back in to record any more.. I just found it odd..

By the way this Friday night is a Pam Grier Double Feature.. Coffy and Foxy Brown beginning at 2:00 AM..

Yeah, I was disappointed about that too!

I just watched Coffy and Foxy Brown.. Hot damn those are great movies.. I had forgotten that Sid Haig appears in both of them.. And holy shit Pam Grier was super fine back in the day.. If you haven't seen these flicks I highlly suggest hunting them down..

Zombie will be off of TCM for awhile because he was given TONS of money to elaborate on the HALLOWEEN legacy.  Sometimes I know ther is a GOD!!!

LOVE ,TODD.