Topic: Andromeda Strain

Just watched the first half.  Slow start, a lot of political statements, but it got better the last 20 minutes or so.  Hope to tomorrow's half moves a little faster.

Re: Andromeda Strain

The first half of the movie is ok, but tonight is the 2nd half. I hope it's better.

Another movie ruined.  Actually it was like a four hour political statement with some pseudo-science mixed in.  I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.  I should have known it would suck   I watched Plasterhead afterwards and it was infinitely more enjoyable even though it sucked too.  At least it wasn't full of half baked politics thinly veiled with horror.

I guess I didn't miss anything since I didn't see this then.  I read the book like ten years ago, but its been so long I don't remember hardly anything about it.

The original version of the book was excellent and very scary and so was the original version of the flick. This special-effects infused version was lacking on detail and substance which made the first one great. Forced myself to watch the first half and never went back for seconds.

maven and i watched this piece of garbage, it was nothing like the original movie.
yes, it had great special effects, but it was just terrible as a film, and its so disappointing compared to his novels as usual.

just picked this up on dvd....sounds like I shouldn't have tongue

survivalist wrote:

maven and i watched this piece of garbage, it was nothing like the original movie.
yes, it had great special effects, but it was just terrible as a film, and its so disappointing compared to his novels as usual.

You said it all, baby.  My suggestion?  Read the book then watch the original film.  It doesn't have all the fancy trappings, but that just makes it all the better.  This latest version bored me to tears...nah.  I didn't care enough to cry.

exactly, the original film had much more tension in it and less flash.
as usual...remakes suck ass again.

i didn't think it was that bad, but it seriously starts to lose it towards the end.the scene involving ricky schroders finger for identification is hilarous!:D

I guess I am the only one here that liked it. It moved slow but I enjoyed the movie. The A&E version I liked better. The first was good also but it seemed to have dragged on even longer.