Topic: Rogue Yanked From Release

This move should come as no surprise to most people who have been following the film. With Primeval making a ballsy move and coming out this Friday Rogue has been completely pulled off the release schedule. Anyone care to guess who did the pulling? Y...

Read More : Rogue Yanked From Release

Re: Rogue Yanked From Release

I don't understand the Weinstiens at all.  First Feast, then the exclusive deal with Blockbuster, and now Rogue?  Whatever guys!

It's probably for the best.  It'd be a disaster trying to put out two crocodile films.  The bad news, I'd rather watch McLean's crocodile film over Primeval.  But, both look decent.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

...I'd rather watch McLean's crocodile film over Primeval.

I agree with you, Tim.  I think Rogue looks like the better film.

This is bizarre. How can 2 movies about crocodiles come out at the exact same time? Is 2007 the year of the croc?

i know nothing about ROGUE. Its a crocodile film to????

Meh wrote:

i know nothing about ROGUE. Its a crocodile film to????

Shows you how well the Weinstiens now how to market a movie doesn't it.

lol.... lets be clear. its the PR firm doing the marking for the W's that is not doing a good job if we dont know about the film.

Heh yea but who hired that PR firm? Eventually it goes back and it reflects on the Weinsteins.. They have butchered too many movies and mistreated so many others it makes me sick..

My question is why does any producer or director or writer want to work with the Weinsteins considering their recent track record?  They won't mess with Tarantino, Rodriquez or (Kevin) Smith as they have brought a lot of money to them and they won't dare lose them. 

But with their recent track record of mauling countless films, pulling them from release and holding them, buying films and holding and never releasing...I mean they completely screwed Wes Craven, a master of the genre with CURSED...which could have been his big return if it wasn't for the Weinsteins.  If they will mess with a respected and well known horror director, why not someone who might only have one or two films to their credit or none?

I can say this, unless I have no other recourse...I will do whatever I can NOT to work with the Weinsteins nor sell any films or scripts I might have. 

I liked Wolf Creek and I was looking forward to Rogue more than Primeval.  Who cares if two croc films appear within the same year in the theater?  I mean you have countless romances between two unlikley people or teen comedy/dramas that all go about the same storyline with some slight variation come out.  And here we have two films with different storylines but with only a common thread of a killer croc.

I dunno...maybe the Weinsteins were scared of The Asylum's Supercroc or Roger Corman's own croc film coming out.