Topic: Ken Kelly

Some questions:
1) What famous artist is he closely related to?
2)What classic monster magazine did he do covers for in th 50's, 60's 70's and early 80's?
3)What two classic album covers did he do in 1976 and 1977.Hint, this group took ALICE COOPER a step further; another hint. On one of these albums you see the heavy metal salute for the first time(SORRY DIO) ;yes, this was the very first use of the devil horns by any metal artist.. Your reward for being the first to answer these questions is that I'll swallow your soul.

I AD INFERUM, TODD!

Re: Ken Kelly

George Romero, John Carpenter,Tobe Hooper and especially ROB ZOMBIE would be very disapointed with all the so called horror fans on this website.

"There appears to be an alien pubic hair in my drink."        SEE YA! TODD!

1) Frank Frazetta
2) Famous Monsters of Filmland
3) KISS - Destroyer & Love Gun

Last edited by DemonToSome (2007-01-09 02:13:36)

Extra-credit. There are four albums released by glam/garage artists;each has a KEN KELLY cover. Name them and I will eat your beating heart. Can anyone?

You think you can take my soul AND my beating heart? I don't think so...... roll

But can YOU answer the questions?

Kiss - Destroyer
Kiss - Love Gun
Kiss Army Norway - Gods of Thunder
Rainbow - Rising

Good effort; however, these four albums are by solo artists.

I know he's done some stuff for Manowar...

solo stuff??? hmmmmmm.......

Here's a big hint: they are all solo albums not band albums. They all are certified platinum. They all came out before 1980 and they helped invent the goth movement albeit with a more silly twist.

TODBROWNING1 wrote:

Here's a big hint: they are all solo albums not band albums. They all are certified platinum. They all came out before 1980 and they helped invent the goth movement albeit with a more silly twist.

Are they 4 different solo artists? Or 4 different albums by the same artist?

Ace, Chris, Paul and Gene

Yes, the original Spinal Tap/goth/glam garage band that kicked so much ass it often sent the earth out of orbit:KISS.  Each member of KISS put out their own million selling album in 1978. Ace's had a big hit; the rest eventually sold very well. Their influence on the goth culture cannot be undertestimated. Although, KISS did everything with a wink. The look and to a much lessor degree additude were in its' early stages in KISS. JIm morrison was the angry poet ,sex symbol;ALICE COOPER was someone you wanted to hide from mom and dad. KISS stood for knights in your sister's slip and sometimes your mom's. Of course there was the other GENE SIMMONS-called jumpin gene simmons who jumped out of a coffin in the 50's, in the south and he was black!Talk about a real rebel. Goth was once more than cool; it was FUN and FUNNY. JUMPIN GENE's one real hit was YOU PUT A SPELL ON ME. The south loved that! REMEMBER KEN KELLY KICKS ASS!!!! NON-sequitur hell TODD.  PS, did I mention IGGY? GAME OVER!