Topic: Noroi (2005)

As anyone see this movie, i saw it blockbuster it turn out it;s the Asian version of the Blair witch Project.

Here the  trailer
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7A5VNsEeAMY

Re: Noroi (2005)

hmm , i missed this one ! Looks cool , def want to check this out !! thx bassi big_smile

It was a really good movie, it had very good creepy scenes in this movie, but sometimes it get bit boring and keeping going back to one scenes which make it hard to understand sometimes.
and as i said in other thread it shaky cameraman the whole movie.

Hmm...sounds pretty good (: I'll have to check it out and get back to you. Thanks!

I finally got this one and I gotta say I'm impressed. One of the best horror mocku-mentary films I've seen. Very clever and creepy.

Any one else seen it!

Noroi haven't.

The trailer looks good, but I haven't been able to find a dl anywhere.

i just saw this again
Not that creepy the second time lol
Still really good movie

I,m so excited! I'm planning to watch this on Friday night!! Have been told it is VERY creepy!!:P

My excitement has turned to sheer disappointment!! Got ready to watch this - turned off the lights, lit the candles and prepared my self for a night of scares, only to find out that my dl contains NO SUBTITLES!!!!
I wish i'd paid attention in Japanese class now!!!! lol

Last edited by twistedsista (2008-10-07 03:17:15)

If you can't find Dvd for this  anywhere but take a look at trailer and you see, on other video on side and who will see movie

whats the plot.? .can't open the trailer sad

Plotline to Noroi (2005)

The movie begins in a video editing room, where a voiceover narrator briefly describes Masafumi Kobayashi, a paranormal expert who produced a series of books and movies on supernatural activity around Japan. The movie then explains that he disappeared in the process of making his greatest and most disturbing film yet, The Curse, and the aforementioned movie begins to play.

The movie begins with Kobayashi's investigation of a woman named Junko Ishii and her unnamed son, brought about when Kobayashi was contacted by her next-door neighbour. Soon after Kobayashi makes his first visit, however, Ishii moves out of the apartment, and the neighbours that contacted Kobayashi die in a freak car accident. Ishii is not seen or mentioned until the film's denoument.

The first half of the movie then depicts a steadily unfurling series of seemingly unrelated events, including the disappearance of a psychic child, a Television personality making complex loops of string in her sleep, a mass suicide where the participants hang by similarly knotted string, and many more equally bizarre occurrences.

The multitude of events do not seem to have any commonality to one another, until the second part of the movie begins. Here, it becomes apparent that all of the events relate to a mysterious entity known only as Kagutaba.

Kobayashi's quest to find the truth brings him to a regional area of Nagano, where many years prior a very religious town once stood. The town performed an annual ritual to contain Kagutaba, until it was demolished to construct a dam.

As the movie comes to a close, each character's relationship with Kagutaba becomes apparent, and the many individual stories and narrative threads draw to a single climactic conclusion.

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Plotline to Noroi (2005)

The movie begins in a video editing room, where a voiceover narrator briefly describes Masafumi Kobayashi, a paranormal expert who produced a series of books and movies on supernatural activity around Japan. The movie then explains that he disappeared in the process of making his greatest and most disturbing film yet, The Curse, and the aforementioned movie begins to play.

The movie begins with Kobayashi's investigation of a woman named Junko Ishii and her unnamed son, brought about when Kobayashi was contacted by her next-door neighbour. Soon after Kobayashi makes his first visit, however, Ishii moves out of the apartment, and the neighbours that contacted Kobayashi die in a freak car accident. Ishii is not seen or mentioned until the film's denoument.

The first half of the movie then depicts a steadily unfurling series of seemingly unrelated events, including the disappearance of a psychic child, a Television personality making complex loops of string in her sleep, a mass suicide where the participants hang by similarly knotted string, and many more equally bizarre occurrences.

The multitude of events do not seem to have any commonality to one another, until the second part of the movie begins. Here, it becomes apparent that all of the events relate to a mysterious entity known only as Kagutaba.

Kobayashi's quest to find the truth brings him to a regional area of Nagano, where many years prior a very religious town once stood. The town performed an annual ritual to contain Kagutaba, until it was demolished to construct a dam.

As the movie comes to a close, each character's relationship with Kagutaba becomes apparent, and the many individual stories and narrative threads draw to a single climactic conclusion.

whoa. sounds good..thanks BTK !

Just watched this recently , It's a pretty decent mockumentary. It left open a possibility of a sequel since the curse of kagutaba was not resolved in the end and the guy went into hiding presumbly.

possibly one of the greatest horror films ive ever seen