Topic: Friday the 13th Remake Moving Ahead?

Friday the 13th is definetly one of the films that I have been waiting for to be remade. Not because I want the film to be redone but because it was inevitable. One of the biggest movies in the horror genre that even your grandma could tell you is a ...

Read More : Friday the 13th Remake Moving Ahead?

Re: Friday the 13th Remake Moving Ahead?

this could be cool, but like any remake i am hesitant.

i really want to see this remake happen and i want them to start it off with jason and the hockey mask and hopefully they put in how he gets the hockey mask.

Defintely want to see too...maybe this confirms the Horror Virgin title given., but was it Halloween or Friday the 13th that the ,mother was the killer in the 1st one???

Friday The 13th

First of all, Jason wasn't even in the original, aside from a dream sequence at the end.
So all this talk of "the return of Jason Voorhees" would technically be inaccurate for a remake. Unless they plan on remaking all of the sequels too. That would be stupid, they should just continue with 2 more sequels so they can actually make it to part 13. 

"We'll be doing it with Paramount and New Line."

Well at least they've got Paramount involved. As much as I hate how they had 2-7 edited, the movies released by them are still ten times better than what New Line has done with the franchise. Hopefully this one will have that classic Friday the 13th feel to it. As opposed to some "Jason in space" bullshit.

punkhead66 wrote:

i really want to see this remake happen and i want them to start it off with jason and the hockey mask and hopefully they put in how he gets the hockey mask.

I take it you've never seen part 3.

Heh yea I was going to make a comment that they have already shown how Jason got his mask.. I wrote in the article that they will probably use Jason in his mask because they know that is where the big ticket is.. Not having some mother run around doing it.. This will more likely be a remake of Friday the 13th part 3..

This is a remake that I'm not interested in at all. The original ones do me just fine.

I agree with Demon, I really don't want to see this remake happen.  Why can't we make up a new horror villain rather than cash in on another one?

i have seen part 3 but if there going to put in the reanke how he gets and he could get it a different way. plus it will be remake just a different take on the friday the 13th world making jason the killer which is better cause jason is the idol out of the friday the 13th movies not his mother his mother just controls him.

yeah but you can't knock until you try it..you gotta give them a chance at least..if its good its good, if its gonna suck its gonna suck but that all depends on the writers and such..

Last edited by RaVeN71806 (2007-01-08 11:00:56)

Heh, well the remake will happen whether I like it or not.  I guess the only reason I'm excited about the Halloween redux is because we got a big name like Rob Zombie writing and directing.  I just hope that whoever gets attatched to this project does it well, because the originals are all still great films.

The reason I am down on this remake is because Platinum Dunes are behind it.. I don't think I have liked any of the remakes they have done so far and they have done quite a few..

How can we stop this utter waste of time? FRIDAY was a ripoff of the CLASSIC HALLOWEEN and not a cool or even enjoyable one. I love good ripoffs; FRIDAY was not one of them. They probably already have the posters printed up. It will open decent and then drop off. This film will further marginalize us, and not in a good manner. PLease STOP THE REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE AND KISESES,TODD!

how was that a rip off from halloween its two completely different stories..

The marketing of a supernatural holiday, a knife carrying psycho ,sexy chicks getting offed; it had everything ,but a good script or even one real scare. It was a bad ripoff. If you are a fan of the series, I meant no offense. The success lead to a whole genre of holiday themed films. 99% of them suck balls.

Last edited by TODBROWNING1 (2007-01-09 14:22:13)

Well then I can use the exact same theory that you have developed for your debate and flip it and use it on Halloween.. Black Christmas fits your description even better.. Friday the 13th isn't even a "real" holiday like Christmas and Halloween are.. Even Carpenter himself acknowledges that he borrowed alot from Black Christmas..

Goon wrote:

Well then I can use the exact same theory that you have developed for your debate and flip it and use it on Halloween.. Black Christmas fits your description even better.. Friday the 13th isn't even a "real" holiday like Christmas and Halloween are.. Even Carpenter himself acknowledges that he borrowed alot from Black Christmas..

Good point Goon!  I was wondering if/when someone was ever gonna get around to that?

Hello, GOON.  What theory are you alluding to? Besides, I said I love good ripoffs. TODD

Heh well this isn't worth argueing about.. Its pretty obvious that you don't like FD13.. thats just it.. Thats what it comes down too... Everyone has there own tastes in film.. We're not going to come to any agreement here about the films..

I was just pointing out that the reason you gave for not liking it could be used to describe the movie that you are heralding as a fantastic film.. I like them both so I'm not trying to say Halloween is a bad movie.. I'm just defending the millions of fans out there who happen to like FD13..

PEACE!!! LET'S EAT SOME HUMAN FLESH. I did like the third FRIDAY because I got to see it in 3D! They can be fun; I know what it's like to be a fan of something people put you down for. No more cracks about FRIDAY!  SEE YOU IN HELL, TODD!

TODBROWNING1 wrote:

FRIDAY was a ripoff of the CLASSIC HALLOWEEN

I think Twitch of the Death Nerve (aka Bay of Blood) was a bigger influence on Friday the 13th than Halloween was.
Hell.. F13 pt 2 stole a lot of the murder sequences from that film.
I agree with you about some of the Friday sequels though. They started to mold Jason after Micheal somewhat (The white emotionless mask, the walking after your victims,etc.). But the only thing that both original films had in common is that the were both slasher movies.

TODBROWNING1 wrote:

PLease STOP THE REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I'm now boytcotting remakes,unless I hear from 10 or more real horror fans that the movie is worth seeing.

TODBROWNING1 wrote:

No more cracks about FRIDAY!

Thanks. I'm a huge fan of the first 4 films. Not to mention that Mr. Voorhees does my yard work.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/down76/jasonmowinglawn.jpg

I wouldn't want to tell him that someone didn't appreciate what he's done for society. big_smile

Hehe... that's a funny picture.

great pic i have been a fan of friday the 13th for a long time and i think it was the first slasher film and jason is an idol in my eye's and i dont care if your not a fan just dont watch them thats all because there are tons of friday the 13th fans world wide.

I personally think that they should kinda role the first two and a half Friday the 13ths with a little prequel (like the poisoning at the camp and fires and the murder or two before the first Firday 13th even takes off) together into a remake leaving it off somewhere with Jason with the mask on, then do a full blown sequel with him and the mask.
But thats just me.
I love the whole franchise even in it's worst state I still find a real enjoyable watching those films.

Last edited by steezie wk (2007-01-09 23:22:13)