Topic: Scare Tactics New Season Premieres Tonight(7/9) on Sci-fi

I used to LOVE scare tactics when it was first on cause its just fun watching people get the shit scared out of them.  Well tonight 7/9/08 at 10/9c on Sci-fi channel, a brand new season of scare tactics premieres.  Looking forward to seeing what they will come up with this time around!

Its no longer hosted by Shannon Doherty or Stephen Baldwin.....somehow Tracy Morgan of SNL fame landed the job.  lol.

Re: Scare Tactics New Season Premieres Tonight(7/9) on Sci-fi

I really enjoyed this show, but we don't get Sci-fi, probably have to wait a year for it to come to some other channel.  Make sure you post on what its about.  I'm dieing to hear.

scare tactics has really been toned down since the original

I was actually going to mention this. Yeah i have been looking forward to this. I love watching this. I'm so damn happy that they are coming back. But i'm not to sure about Tracy Morgan as the host. A little skeptic on it. But hey. We'll find out tonight how he did along with how the show will unfold with a new host.

they should bring the original host back

Me too.  I'm just not sure about Tracy Morgan.  I hate Shannon Daugherty (sp?) but at least her bitchiness was an asset.  Maybe Tracy Morgan will play it straight, which could work.

At any rate, I've been looking forward to the return of this show since I first heard about it.

Why is that that for every new season they keep on bringing in a new host. Jeesh. Why can't they just make up their mind and stick with one host only. What's next? For season 4, the new host is Ashton Kutcher and then after he fools everyone, he comes out there and says, I just scared you. I mean come on.

LOL Well he isn't playing it straight if you've been watching the clips.  But I think it will be cool anyway.  The clip of tonight's episode is hilarious so far and it even looks like they might not wimp out with the reveal.  We'll see.  I know I can't wait.  smile

Does it matter if Tracy Morgan plays it straight or not?  Not like he's intigral to the skits or anything like that.  Its just filler between clips and i think it's better if he uses his comedy to make fun of people.  Could be entertaining filler.

who knows, the show might turn out alright

hey hey now!! this is good news, that show rocked!

how could u possibly know that

It is filler, but I still say that the host helps maintain the mood/tone.  It's understandable that they are keeping it a little lighter with comedy because weren't there problems because people truly got the shit scared out of them?  Legal problems or something, or was that just MTV's Fear?

no it was scare tactics they got a lawsuit filed against them by some lady, and dammit why don't they bring fear back lol

I'm so jealous, you guys get it, and Canadians have to live in the dark.

this is the ffun part where i get to say life's a bitch ain't it lol

Naughty, naughty, payback is hell!

technically ur not even in the same country as i am, what's the worst u could do lol

Constantce wrote:

It is filler, but I still say that the host helps maintain the mood/tone.  It's understandable that they are keeping it a little lighter with comedy because weren't there problems because people truly got the shit scared out of them?  Legal problems or something, or was that just MTV's Fear?

Yes C, in 2003 a lady sued the creators of Scare Tactics stating she suffered "severe psychological distress" due to the prank they pulled on her.  The lawsuit was dismissed in 2005.

THe full list of offences she sued for are:
Negligence
Negligent infliction of emotional distress
intentional infliction of emotional distress
INVASION OF PRIVACY – INTRUSION, PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF PRIVATE FACTS, AND FALSE LIGHT
Violation of civil code ß1708.8
Violaion of Penal Code ß632 & ß637.2
Assault
False Imprisonment
Fraudulant Misrepresentation
Fraudulant Concealment
Unfair Business Practices in Violation of B&P ß17200 and ß17500

If you wanna read all the legal jargon on what she alleges happened to her you can:
http://www.ssjlaw.com/case_blanc.html

scare tactics was actually pretty good, i got nothing to say against it except for the fact that the second prank sucked

I agree that it wasn't bad.  Overall I am very pleased with this latest incarnate.  And I am happy to report that they don't seem to suffer from premature e-joke-ulation like they did in the past.  I can only hope it continues to go well.

As for Tracey, he's just great.  And I dig this gig for him.  smile

i still thought the punch lines were a bit corny lol

I had a vague idea that it was a sasquatch bit that did it.  So, J, thank you for taking over for the part of my brain that fell asleep. smile 

DVR'd it, didn't watch it yet.  Very eggcited.

You know i was literally kicking myself. I knew it what time it came on at and i told myself to watch it and somehow i forgot about the damn episode and then sometime last night, i realized that i missed it. God damn it! Well hopefully they'll have a replay of this.

dude that sucks ass