Topic: Go any must sees to tell me about?

I'm looking for some MUST SEEs. They have to be ACTUALLY SCARY and NOT be along the crappy plot lines of House of 1000 Corpses for the love of god. Movies like Children of the Corn, Session 9, IT, etc.

Re: Go any must sees to tell me about?

FEAST is a must see, but its not so much terrifiyng as entertaining and awesome.

I'm sure I'll hear about this, but I'd say Feed...Not really scary but disturbing as hell....A must see in my opinion.....Watch for the "feeding" scene with the 2 dudes early on to set the tone.....

Feast does rock as well....and I'm pretty sure Meh will back me up on Feed too...

yeah i agree you want disturing but also not just low grade crap ,FEED is worth checking out!

If your looking for scary, you should look at a lot of the asian horror films.  I recommend The Eye and Ju-On.  Two of the scariest films, IMO.

check out any classic horror movies like hellraiser others or grindhouse fils as well.

Yeah heres one..... Suspiria.
If you haven't seen it yet it's about time you do

Wrong Turn was a frightful adventure...

if u havent yet (itd be sad if u havent) but the origional exorcist.

The entire Evil Dead series.. The Evil Dead, The Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness

May I also suggest The Thing by J. Carpenter......

One of the greats.........

thats a good 1 killjoy. how bout the origional House on Haunted Hill w/ Vincent Price

The Hitcher is a great suspense ride....damn....Rutger Hauer is SO FUCKING creepy in that.

Anything by George A. Romero like Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead (and some will disagree) Land of the Dead, Martin is also really good.

Some old monster films like THEM! and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Psycho and other Hitchcock movies.

R-Point is a really good Korean horror movie.

ANYTHING by Lucio Fulci, one of the great Italian horror directors.  ZOMBI 2 is a great one.

Cannibal Holocaust will make you sick to your stomach.  But its a good watch.

Heres a few less know titles that I found very good ... Salvage , Altered and Head Trauma .

Although it's not really horror but could be seen as horrific...

Perfume: Story of a Murderer

I loved it.

wow thanks for all these great suggestions; i'll be sure to see them. and i'm totally up for horrific movies or suspense thrillers.

The Descent is a good one as well. Just watched it today. I am gonna review it as well.

The Descent sucked...ok the monsters sucked...no the movie sucked...it sucked.

Shakingman, good on you, your the only person i have seen who actually doesnt like the descent. I also think it suck donkey.
You should check out From Dusk Till Dawn, it's one of my faves- really entertaining. It's funny, gory , interesting and it has sexy girls in, you can't go wrong with that shit

Poltergeist is a classic that wasn't mentioned...check that one out if you haven't seen it, buy the sequels are forgetable.

Dusk Til Dawn took me by surprise...that's what a film needs to do...stir the emotions...it worked for me.

The Descent sucked. Same old, same old. And the ending if you see the Special Features...well the director didn't want the Disney ending - then why throw in her dream about her getting out and being saved...ruined it for me. Would have had more of an impact if it is realised that she won't get out. That she's doomed. Even tho that's how it ends...the dream sequence screwed it up. It sucked!
My rant is finished on this film.
Amen and Halelujia or however you spell it.
Peace - Out!

The thing about FDTD is that i didn't expect sum 1 like clooney 2 be in it. I only thought he stared in films for women. But i have to say he took me by surprise with his performance in it. I hope 1 day that they do another with rodriguez, tarantino,clooney and that girl in it.

i sugest the mothman prophecies. its not exactly a horror movie, more like suspense.

Shakingman wrote:

The Descent sucked. Same old, same old. And the ending if you see the Special Features...well the director didn't want the Disney ending - then why throw in her dream about her getting out and being saved...ruined it for me. Would have had more of an impact if it is realised that she won't get out. That she's doomed. Even tho that's how it ends...the dream sequence screwed it up. It sucked!
My rant is finished on this film.
Amen and Halelujia or however you spell it.
Peace - Out!

Thats why you need to see the original ending during the movie. It is way better IMO

The Exorcist or TCM original..