Re: Movies You Just Bought

the most recent one i picked up was the hills remake..pretty good buy.

i just bought the hills remake and hostel

New in my horror shelf is the double disc deluxe unrated steelbook version of Neil Marshall's "The Descent" which came out here in Austria on June 15th. I also bought 3 Masters of Horror discs. "Sick Girl", "Fair Haired Child" and "Incident on and off a Mountain Road".

oooh i heard good things about "incident on and off a mountain road." and also joe dante's "homecoming", how is incident?

"Incident on and off a Mountain Road" is very good. My 2nd favorite MoH episode. 1st place still belongs too JC's "Cigarette Burns". "Homecoming" is very good too, allthough not really horror, but the story itself is very nice.

I really enjoyed "cigarette burns".  I found that homecoming was a rather strange way of using zombies but i still found myself to enjoy it.  But yah, ill have to check out "incident on and off mountain road"

I've been meaning to check out Masters of Horror. It sounds really good.

I just ordered  Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Two Evil Eyes and Long Island Cannibal Massacre

Some others that I'll be getting soon
Frankenhooker
Driller Killer
Mark of the Devil

Goon wrote:

The Blind Dead Boxed Set

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AM6MVO.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Are the sequels anywhere near as good as the first? If so I might have to pick that up. That case is excellent.

Nosferatu wrote:

Are the sequels anywhere near as good as the first? If so I might have to pick that up. That case is excellent.

Return of the Evil Dead is better than the original in my opinion. The other two are so so. Its a nice set, but looking back I don't know if I would have bought it again. I got it based on its significance on the horror genre though.. The Blind Dead are some fantastic characters that I would love to see a modern filmmaker use..

Ghost Galleon has two fantastic scenes in it though.. One is where the Blind Dead rise out of the Ocean.. A scene that was lifted by Romero for his Land of the Dead.. There is also a scene that looks alot like the scene in Dawn of the Dead where the Blind Dead are eating pieces of a woman in the bottom of the boat..

I just picked up Undead and The Brood today.  I am thinking of renting a vampire western flick called After Sundown tomorrow.

I liked the Brood.  On the other hand i couldnt wait for Undead to be over.  I think that movie to me is like Hell of the living dead to you.  Just maybe...

After Sundown I hear is good... but you will have to rent it and review it and let us know smile Remember guys if you have seen a movie review it... smile That way I can avoid buying any crap lol.

Undead was a really great concept, really well shot and just a TERRIBLE script. It was kinda they thought they were making the matrix with the fight scenes that made me shake my head.

Thank you Meh.  I dont think you could have said it any better about Undead.  What also kind of made me laugh was the farmer's dialogue.  But thats just my opinion, cause seems like a lot of people enjoyed it so whatever.

Cigarette Burns....amazing

Yea Cigarette Burns is my favorite episode from Masters of Horror. I also really liked The Brood.. Its a really weird movie but thats how all of Cronenbergs films are.. The fetus scene is crazy man..

The last movie I picked up was Trading Places in the Wal-Mart bargin bin.  I was looking longingly at Nightwatch though... There are so many, many movies and so little cash...

i hear ya....

Cig Burns is one of my favorite of the series, yet Homecoming is probably my favorite.  I haven't seen Haeckel's Tale, Dance of the Dead, Pick Me Up, Jenifer, Fair Haired Child, nor Imprint...so I can't cast judgment yet.  But as of right now...it be Homecoming.

what is the best version of psycho would any of you guys say?

I have the widescreen collector's edition.
Highly recommended.

http://students.kennesaw.edu/~sjm7727/psycho%20DVD.jpg

the original..thought so, thanks nosferatu.

Recently picked up The Hills Have Eyes (remake), The Omen Collector's Edition and Night Watch (can't wait for the next one, really good).

I just picked up Night of the living dead, Dawn of the dead, Day of the dead, Dawn of the dead (re-make), Land of the dead, Cabin Fever, The others, Bats, Ring, Ringu, Ringu 2 and The Grudge, cost me a total of 65 bucks! big_smile

I just bought Lucio Fulci's Murder Rock from Best Buy and I got Stephen King's Sleepwalkers from Curcuit City.

If you are looking for direct to DVD titles or horror films at low prices Curcuit City has very low prices.  Got Sleepwalkers for $7 and most films are less than $20 and most are in the $5-$10 range.

Picking up Four Flies on Grey Velvet in a week or so. anybody else seen this rare Argento film?

To Answer Mr. Black I have never seen it. But I take it that it is one of his under rated films that has kind of like an underground following all its own..

On the DVD front I picked up a non horror title V for Vendetta.. Fantastic film..