Topic: Edges of Darkness Horror Pulp Fiction

Jason Horton emailed us to tell us about his new indie film going into production on January 13th 2007. It's called "Edges of Darkness." Three grippin...

(Read More)

Edges of Darkness Horror Pulp Fiction

Re: Edges of Darkness Horror Pulp Fiction

the last film they did was Rise of the Undead which was quite good.

sounds quite good im intrested into this plus  pulp fiction is one of my fav movies.

Sounds pretty good so far.  Excited to hear more about this project.

Looks very interesting.  I may just get excited about this.  I haven't seen Rise of the Undead yet, thanks Meh.  That's the main reason I come here.  To learn about new (to me)obscure little gems.

The contests are just icing on the cake.  wink

here are a bunch of reader Rise of the Undead reviews. Its an indie film and has its flaws but i think its awesome.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/search.php? … mit=Search

MEH, thanks for the kind words on Rise. It was definately rough around the edges. Also, it was my first real exprience on a movie set. We were trying to do something a little different, with integerity and sense of humor. We had very little time to work and no (and I mean NO) money. I think we were at least partially successful.

Anyway, I've been working on a lot of movies since, assitatnt editing, lead editing, dping and writing (alot).  It's been almost four years since rise of shot and I finally feel ready to jump back into the director's chair.

I think everyone will be taken aback by Edges of Darkness. The script and characters are much stronger than they were in Rise. There's some really wicked set pieces, one involving a pink bowling ball through the head. And there are some zombies. They're real this time.

We've assembled a really good cast. I'd like it think of them as the best group of actors no one's heard off. Tom Devlin's 1313 fx is doing our effects. We're 99% all practical f/x on this one. We're shooting in HD. He have a couple of distribution offers already. Hopefully it'll be stores by April.

jason

Last edited by jhorton2003 (2007-01-12 19:19:43)

Sounds cool, I like it when those people making the films are true fans themselves.  It sort of validates the whole film experiance for me when I know that someone actually cares more about the film, than about the $$ I might spend.  Can't wait to see the new movie!

jhorton2003 wrote:

MEH, thanks for the kind words on Rise. It was definately rough around the edges. Also, it was my first real exprience on a movie set. We were trying to do something a little different, with integerity and sense of humor. We had very little time to work and no (and I mean NO) money. I think we were at least partially successful.

Anyway, I've been working on a lot of movies since, assitatnt editing, lead editing, dping and writing (alot).  It's been almost four years since rise of shot and I finally feel ready to jump back into the director's chair.

I think everyone will be taken aback by Edges of Darkness. The script and characters are much stronger than they were in Rise. There's some really wicked set pieces, one involving a pink bowling ball through the head. And there are some zombies. They're real this time.

We've assembled a really good cast. I'd like it think of them as the best group of actors no one's heard off. Tom Devlin's 1313 fx is doing our effects. We're 99% all practical f/x on this one. We're shooting in HD. He have a couple of distribution offers already. Hopefully it'll be stores by April.

jason

Hey Jason,
Congrats! You looking for scripts?
Sha'king'man

Yea I'm looking forward to this one.. Lee Perkins dropped me a line the other day about appearing in the film.. He sounds pretty excited about it.. Can't wait to check it out..

S
Eventually we will be looking for scripts. But for now, we're just trying to get through this one.

G
Lee is a good guy. We met a few years back in New Orleans. He was great in Katiebird.

By the by, we  just finished our first 3 day stretch. The 1st story is in the can. The footage looks great. Hopefully we'll be posting some clips online in the next week. I'll keep ya posted.

jason

Last edited by jhorton2003 (2007-01-15 12:13:48)

Great.. I can't wait to check out some of the footage you guys have. Make sure you let us know as soon as you put some up.

The rest of shoot went very smooth. We're really excited about what we have.
As we are a poor and are doing all the post ourselves, It'll probably take another 2 to 3 months to complete.

We've already received a distribution offer from a company I've worked with in the past.

Our website just went up. Well, sort of. It's a flash movie place holder. But it features a few cool video images.

The full site should be up with a full trailer in the next 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted.

www.edgesofdarkness.com

Last edited by jhorton2003 (2007-02-12 16:22:24)

awesome:) thank you, I gotta ck out Rise Of The Undead.
Its a good day knowing that I am not alone with my zombie enthusiasm.
Please keep us posted.

This looks really really really promising. Zombies, vampires, practical fx, indie film... seems like I'm gonna love this movie. I still have to check out Rise of the Undead but my hopes are already up!

The website has a great looking intro.. I can't wait to check out that full trailler. Be sure to let us know once you got some more info we can share on the site. I'm looking forward to this one..