Topic: Your Life as a Horror Movie?

What has been the scariest thing you have encountered in your life...be it real or supernatural...

Let me start.

I was lying in bed from a hard day at work. I was in and out of sleep. It was late afternoon, around 3:30, summer, the day was bright.

I woke up. I was facing the wall of my bedroom and I swear someone was lying beside me. I turned quickly but of course no one was there. I assumed I was dreaming and went back to sleep.

I woke up again...I figure a few minutes later, and it was there again. Pressing up against my back. I lay in bed frozen, afraid to move. My curiosity got the best of me. I turned quickly. Nothing there.

I fell asleep again.

I woke up. I was suffocating. Pressure pressed up against me. I was lying flat on my back and it felt as if someone was lying on top of me. I could barely breathe. I felt small compared to the size of the pressure lying on me. I was fully awake.

I started to cry and it went away.

I immediately called my friend Denyse, I was still crying and couldn't really tell her what happened, she suggested we go for a walk.

I met her in Allen Gardens in Toronto. I told her about the "feeling" of someone being in the room with me, lying beside and on top of me.

She believed me...she could sense the spirit.

This is the honest truth.

Do you have a story?

Re: Your Life as a Horror Movie?

damn great story, i will have to think hard and see if i can think up one of my own.

That would of scared the hell out me..

hmmm...I think ymy scariest moment in my life would of had to been when I almost fell off the falls here in scranton, I slipped and almost went right over if it wasn't for my sisters boyfriend at the time I would of been dead..

Meh wrote:

damn great story, i will have to think hard and see if i can think up one of my own.

Meh,
Sorry to disappoint, but this actually happened. It's not a make believe story. It's not the only encounter I've had with things I cannot explain.

I am also a screenwriter with psychologcal horror as my main genre. If anyone would care to read my stuff a lot of the encounters with the paranormal are inbedded in my scripts.

Let me know and I will send you them. They are all copyrighted so feedback is the only reason I would send them to you.

Thanks.
Script #1 - The Last Rung on the Ladder - based on the Stephen King Short Story
Script # 2 - Scars - a comatosed man's life is revealed thru a homeless woman who enters his unconscious state.
Script #3 - HUSH! - A young man is haunted by a malevolent spirit - or is he? Or has the hereditary insaneness of his father passed on to him?

When I was about 6yrs old,I lived on the first floor of a small apartment building in Tillsonburg Ont. Tillsonburg has an old history,but one night when my mum put me to bed and she went to her room, it sounded like someone was in our living room and walking towards the bedrooms.It stopped at my door.I yelled to my mum,she checked the doors and no one was there.Then she went back to bed.About 2 mins later my Barbie hairdryer(yes,Barbie...lol)that had no batteries in it,turned on.It probably went for about 5-10 seconds but it was scarey as hell.I didn't find out until some yrs later that my mum that night was having problems with her touch lamp.Everytime she would turn it off and roll over to sleep,her light would go back on.Freaky shit there I say.I'll never move back there.

Thanks, Aimsley
That is the stuff I am looking for! People won't believe you but I do, based on several bizarre happenings in my life.

I'll post more occurances if I see this as being taken seriously.

Thanks again.

Not a ghost but a living person.  When I was about eleven or so, I was lying in bed one night and was not able to sleep.  At the time, my mother was not home because she works the night shift and I was with my grandmother who was not strong at all.  So, it was late at night, or early morning, and I hear the sound of something at the door.  It was as if someone was trying to open the door but not with a key.  After several attempts, they apparently gave up and went on to the next door to try and open the door in the same manner.  I was absolutely scared and stood at the edge of my hallway listening for the person to go away.  I then heard a cop car and saw the lights, as they came to my building.  Apparently, the person who was trying to open the door heard and began to run down the stairs (this can be assumed because they were making a lot of noise as they moved).

The next day, while I was eating breakfast with my mother, there was a knock at the door and it was a cop.  He had wanted to ask if anyone had any real problems with what had happened last night.  What had happened?  Well apparently the basement door had been left open and a homeless man had been trying to pick the locks of each of the apartments, with a knife, to try and get in.

Till this day, I always check to see if my door is fully locked and I sleep with a bat nearby.

Last edited by TheDudeWithTheShotgun (2006-12-30 02:43:24)

Not much of a story but, when I was 17, my grandmother passed away, the only half-decent member of a fairly shitty bunch of people in my family I'm sorry to say.

Well, at her wake, which was held at my Uncle Rob's house in Oakville Ontario, I found myself alone with the open casket late in the evening as my Uncle was outside with the last of the mourners who were leaving.

Holy shit, she sat right up in her coffin, looked directly at me and smiled. Then lay back down. I almost pissed myself before convincing myself it was probably just my imagination affected by faigue, or grief....I quickly left the room..

More recently, I was at my favorite pub, The Met in New Westminster BC, (which is haunted by a old fellow named George....Look it up...) In the Mens room at the urinal I was looking at one of the ads  they have on the wall in front of me, and in the reflection in the glass cover I saw an old guy with a hat walk right behind me. There was no one else in the room when I turned around...

Not much I suppose but kinda cool

Cool killjoy.
It's somewhat curious that most of the events so far posted in this link took place in Ontario..does Ontario host more ghosts than other Provinces in Canada? Hmmm.

I've a few other tales of madness from Montreal as well - actually a lot of incidents from Montreal...I'm currently working on a screenplay about one such haunting...about a beheaded prostitute from the 30's, who supposedy walks the streets in the Old Montreal region.

I'm now living in Vancouver myself and will look into George at The Met...thanks for your contribution.

Sha'King'Man

killjoy wrote:

More recently, I was at my favorite pub, The Met in New Westminster BC, (which is haunted by a old fellow named George....Look it up...) In the Mens room at the urinal I was looking at one of the ads  they have on the wall in front of me, and in the reflection in the glass cover I saw an old guy with a hat walk right behind me. There was no one else in the room when I turned around...

Last edited by Shakingman (2006-12-31 11:47:00)

when i was 7 or 8 year old,

Me and brother was sharing a room at this age
i woke up in Middle of the night turn around i saw this women at  stand at the bedroom door,
her face was fat in way and pink and her eye were blue and huge smile on her face looking at him,
i jumped out of my bed and jumped into my brother bed,
when i looked about no one was there

but ever since then i been hooked looking real ghost stoires and photo and horror movies and horror books

Awesome stories guys!

Shakingman, beng a screenwriter myself, I'd love to read some of yours screenplays.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Awesome stories guys!

Shakingman, beng a screenwriter myself, I'd love to read some of yours screenplays.

Do you have Final Draft?

I know this is hard to beleave, But once i woke up late at night an saw something that looked to be a dead body laying right next to me, Once i closed and reopened my eyes it was gone, But it still scared the shit outta me, And what made it even more freaky is my grandma had the same thing happen to her a year or so before in the same house.

Not a scary item, but of some interest.  Many years ago (the 80's) while serving in the Army in New Mexico I had a dream of my girlfreind who lived north of Milwakee.  In the dream she was having a bad time (she was in the process of a bad divorce) and I was trying to get her to relax.  The next day she called me and said that she was having a bad day with her soon to be ex and that when she went to bed she was thinking about being with me and as she fell asleep she could feel me laying beside her holding her hand and that made her feel better.  After that every time I had a dream with her in it, it was during a really stressfull time in her life.  True... and very weird...

3:57 AM
The young boy would wake up every night.
I moved into an apartment below him and every night at 3:57 AM I was awaken by his screaming.
My girlfriend, at the time, and I would listen as the mother would stomp across the floors and enter his room and comfort him until, we guessed, he was back asleep.
Months went by and my girlfriend and I eventually broke up. I came home to find her packed and gone. My mood had changed considerably since moving into this apartment and think this the result of her leaving.
That first night of living alone...I woke up at 3:57 AM as per usual to the boy's screaming but this time in the corner of my room was a white figure...it was tall and somewhat flowing but I couldn't make out any distinct features. I sat up in bed. Terrified. Rubbed my eyes but it was still there.
I called out to it...thinking it might be my girlfriend.
Nothing.
I rubbed my eyes again. Still there.
I could hear the mother leave the boy's bedroom. Obviously he was back to sleep.
I closed my eyes and when I opened them the figure was gone.
I got out of bed. Turned on my light and when I was just about to open my bedroom door to go out of the room...the closet door shut on its own.
I slept at my sister's place that night...she lived a few door down.
I moved out of the apartment the end of that month.
I've named the ghost Charlie.
No lies.

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-01-04 11:51:53)

Me and two friend were coming back from Tahoe late one summer and we kind of got lost and were taking random roads and really just enjoying the scenery and having fun. We all had to take a leak so we pulled down this logging road and got the truck out of site so we didn't get busted or seen. Everything was quiet as we all took different trees to releave ourselves. All of the sudden I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and heard a woman scream, I zipped up and got my friends to follow me to where I heard the scream and saw movement. I caught a glimpse of a woman runnig in between the trees so I took off after her, my frinds followed asking where the hell I was going. I lost sight of her and was completely out of breath (especially after a weekend of smoking and drinking at Hot August Nights) Finally when I caught my breath I asked if they saw which way she went, they were like "who?" "The girl in the green shirt that was screaming a minute ago!" They looked at me and each other and said "What scream, what girl, what drugs are you not sharing?" I freaked out and was like o.k. we gotta go right now and ran back to the truck. They still think I was full of crap and make fun of me but I saw a girl or woman and I heard the scream at least twice. Sound like BS but it was real to me. Oh and no I didn't keep all the drugs to myself, I shared ......... mostly.

As a little girl-about 9 or 10 yrs old, I moved to a new city and met new friends  I was invited to a sleepover at a girls house.  There were about 6 girls that all slept in sleeping bags in one bedroom.  For some reason they all wanted me to sleep in the only twin bed in the room-and I happily took it (didn't care for sleeping on the floor much).
That night I had the worst nightmares I had ever had as a child.  I can't remember much what they were about, except that I was constantly being chased and threatened by an older woman-I can remember waking up several times covered in sweat and tears terrified but to afraid to wake anyone. 
The next morning one of the girls asked me how I slept and when I told her about the nightmares and how scared I was-the room exploded into laughter and fingers pointing at me: her grandmother had died in that bed about 4 days prior to the sleep over.

Ok this is weird.

I just moved into a new apartment and well...

There's this ticking noise that is driving me crazy.
It's like an animal scratching between the walls.
The units in my low rise building are being renovated and I saw the man in charge yesterday and asked him to come in to the apartment to take a listen as the noise keeps me awake at night.
He came in but hell...the noise wouldn't happen.
On several occasions I've asked my roommate as well to come in to my room to listen and every time he's come in it would stop and as soon as he would leave it would start again...
Am I going MAD?
It's doing it right now! Make it stop!

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-01-10 14:08:06)

Wow these are some truly amazing stories.  I haven't had too much happen to me.  But I did find this one site that was interesting.  It is realhaunts.com and I love going there to read about places in different states that have such occurences.  Although I have seen a shapeless figure in a trailer kitchen where I used to live with my family until we moved in with my grandma and that freaked me out because I should have been able to tell who it was and I couldn't.