Topic: Stephen King's Nightmares & Dreamscapes

This is an anthology series of one-hour episodes adapted from King's short stories

Upcoming airings on TNT

Wednesday, July 26, 9:00PM ET
The Road Virus Heads North
Tom Berenger plays a prize-winning author on a road trip heading north. After stopping at a yard sale to buy a painting, he later realizes the painting, which shows a car traveling along a road, is slowly changing and may be controlling his fate. Marsha Mason co-stars as Aunt Trudy.

Wednesday, July 26, 10:00PM ET
The Fifth Quarter
Jeremy Sisto plays a recently released criminal who learns from his dying friend of a map torn into four parts. If put back together, the map will lead to the location of $1 million taken during a robbery. But finding it might not be as easy as it seems. Samantha Mathis co-stars.

Thursday, July 27, 11:00PM ET
The Road Virus Heads North
Tom Berenger plays a prize-winning author on a road trip heading north. After stopping at a yard sale to buy a painting, he later realizes the painting, which shows a car traveling along a road, is slowly changing and may be controlling his fate. Marsha Mason co-stars as Aunt Trudy.

Friday, July 28, 12:00AM ET
The Fifth Quarter
Jeremy Sisto plays a recently released criminal who learns from his dying friend of a map torn into four parts. If put back together, the map will lead to the location of $1 million taken during a robbery. But finding it might not be as easy as it seems. Samantha Mathis co-stars.

Wednesday, August 2, 9:00PM ET
Autopsy Room Four
Businessman Howard Cottrell is on vacation, playing one of his many games of golf. Chasing the ball into the undergrowth, he is bitten by a snake and completely paralyzed, showing no signs of life. At the hospital, unable to communicate, he is the key witness to his own autopsy.

Wednesday, August 2, 10:00PM ET
You Know They Got A Hell Of A Band
Kim Delaney and Steven Weber star in this story of a young couple who happen upon a town in which all of the residents share a deadly secret while gearing up for the concert of a lifetime.

Thursday, August 3, 11:00PM ET
Autopsy Room Four
Businessman Howard Cottrell is on vacation, playing one of his many games of golf. Chasing the ball into the undergrowth, he is bitten by a snake and completely paralyzed, showing no signs of life. At the hospital, unable to communicate, he is the key witness to his own autopsy.

Friday, August 4, 12:00AM ET
You Know They Got A Hell Of A Band
Kim Delaney and Steven Weber star in this story of a young couple who happen upon a town in which all of the residents share a deadly secret while gearing up for the concert of a lifetime.

I just found out they've already aired the first two. 

Umney's Last Case
Starring William H. Macy, Jacqueline McKenzie
After the death of his son, writer Sam Landry (Macy) is so desperate to lead another life, he writes himself into his own book, forcing his long-time character (also played by Macy) to change places with him and live in the modern day. But things get deadly when Landry realizes Umney is trapped and cannot write himself out of his new reality.

The End of the Whole Mess
Starring Ron Livingston, Henry Thomas
The world had changed. Violence, war and hatred have been replaced with kindness, peace and love. But at what price? Renowned filmmaker Howie Fornoy (Livingston), with just one hour to live, recounts the details of his brother's (Thomas) worldwide experiment gone terribly wrong.

I don't usually watch made for tv horror (remember The Shining remake hmm
but  this anthology formula could work.

Re: Stephen King's Nightmares & Dreamscapes

There were two other episodes not mentioned here.  One with William Hurt who plays a hitman that kills a toy maker and then gets a package of toy soldiers that declares war on him.  And one where a couple on vacation get lost and end up in a scary shadow realm.

Yea I keep missing this series.. For one reason or another I always miss it. This is really just TNT's answer to Masters of Horror which I'm sure is sub par to that series.

Goon, I wouldn't say sub-par.  The two episodes that I saw (mentioned in my previous post) were very well done.  They put a lot of thought and money into these.  As far as Steven King on television goes, and provided the rest of the series is as good as the first two episodes were, these are the cream of the crop.  Now you have to understand it's on TNT and not SHOWTIME or HBO and the sex & violence is inline with the standards of that network and timeslot.  In my own humble opinion, this makes the writers/directors focus more on the story.

Well its still sub par to Masters of Horror.. That was what I was saying.. I understand their restraints but I calls em how I sees em.. I tried to watch the first episode last night and it just bored me.. So I changed the channel.. Maybe I'll try and catch it again tonight.. Give it a second shot..

I agree with Goon, they aren't that great. Most of them seem to just give up on an ending and fizzle out after having an interesting episode. The one with the hitman and the toys was not an original idea. Although, was it just me or did they give a shout out to Trilogy of Terror. It looked like one of the guys souveniers was a Zuni Doll.

Have any of you read the Steven King short stories these episodes where adapted from?

No I haven't read the stories but I hope they are better than the show.. I just rewatched both of them and they both were less than stellar.. The first one was based on a tired gimmick with an ending that made you scratch your head and say "Wtf?"..

The second story wasn't even a horror tale. It was like a action/crime story.. It was a good story but something that I wouldn't want to see if I'm expecting at least something supernatural or horror..

Looks like a nice series to me..bring them

Battleground was excellent to me.

I only saw Battleground, I loved it.  Very cool that there was no dialouge.