Topic: Kevin Smith Updates His Horror Project

If there is one film that I am looking forward to that doesn't even have one line written on the page yet, its Kevin Smiths upcoming horror film. The man is a master of making small budget films and making them rock. So it seems like horror would jus...

Read More : Kevin Smith Updates His Horror Project

Re: Kevin Smith Updates His Horror Project

Having just bought Dogma & Clerks II (on DVD) yesterday I was wondering about the status of this horror project.  I'm saddend to hear that nothing is yet done, but it seems that he really does have something cooking in the brain pan so I guess we will see (hopfully) soon what the deal is.

hes made some good movies b4 so hes definately gt his reputation behind him, but theres enough info on this movie to judge it yet.

Kevin Smith is an excellent filmmaker and I'm sure he can pull this horror flick off.  Even though there is not much info on it, I'm still looking forward to it.

Yea the good news is that he plans to make an out an out horror flick.. Not a horror/comedy which in my opinon is a genre that seems like it has been done to death for awhile.. The only word out is that it is going to be a slasher flick..

Kevin Smith has some really good movies I like clerks and clerks II..so I'm sure this is gonna be a kickass movie..

If you've watched An Evening with Kevin Smith you'll know he's too lazy to direct action films, (Green Lantern), so it'll be interesting what he brings to the horror genre. Perhaps it'll be long shots of disgusting goo !

It could be good; however. I fear he might bring indie pretensions to our genre. Well, maybe he'll do it right . I'm actually glad he didn't do SUPERMAN.

I just can't picture him doing a serious horror film.  I'm definitely interested in the outcome of it but knowing what he's like I just don't know about this.