Topic: The Beyond DVD

Well, Lucio Fulci's THE BEYOND is definatly one of the gems and Holy Grails of our beloved genre.  You have to sacrifice a virgin to get Anchor Bay's limited edition and pay up huge bucks for Gindhouse's edition...which apparently only came out like two or three  years ago and ya can't find it anywhere.

Though should ask if Grindhouse has its own store online...might get it there if they do.

Well, the main point of my post is to say according to the computer system at Barnes and Noble (worked there till today, season over and too much profit drop to keep me as I was the last hired)....the system showed there was another edition coming out.  And as I remember Anchor Bay is behind it.

There is one problem.

Its set for release in 2035

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-01-14 23:45:37)

Re: The Beyond DVD

thegoldensimatar wrote:

There is one problem.

Its set for release in 2035

lol there must be some kind of error there. That sounds completely nuts

Its possible. 

I have seen some forums and release dates for movies that might come out within the next year-3 years displayed as many years in the future.  My dad says it has to do something with some error in programming or something pre-set into the system that hasn't been corrected.

So...we might see another BEYOND edition soon.  But...I think we will wait till 2011.  Reason is simple, Beyond came out in 1981 and by 2011....

we might get a 30th Anniversary Edition.

I think we may see it sooner than that.. With the announcement of all these really older films being re-issued I have a feeling that somewhere down the line this year The Beyond will get re-issued as well..

That does look a little bit... "far away".  Anyways, I sure hope it gets a re-release sooner than that.  I'll pick it up for sure.

Definatly.  I plan to order like 2 or 3 copies for myself.  1 to watch and the other one or other two to hold onto so when it stops again I can sell one (or give it away) for a resonable price to a young horror fan who unfortuanlty tuned into the genre too late to get one, not old enough, or never had the dough.

The last one I keep for myself and put in a glass container for all of time smile

*Sits in a room and just waits.*