Topic: The Tattooist(2007)

Well I recently boughht this dvd called The Tattooist and finally watched it last night. It was made in New Zealand and also filmed in Singapore.

The film is directed  by Peter Burger and stars Jason Behr(from The Grudge) as a tattooist in Asia who accidentally unleashes an evil ancient Samoan spirit when he steals a Samoan ancient tattoo ink marker.

I liked this film and made a review for it on MMS so check it out sometime.

Re: The Tattooist(2007)

I'm gonna read your review now!

I love this movie from start to finish. I'm more than happy that i bought this and have it to my collection. I think it's very interesting with the whole storyline and what goes on throughout the entire movie. And yes the technique is real and even the superstition, if you watch the documentaries they don't only discuss about it but they also it's very interesting.

Now I want to see this. Especially since I'ma tattoo freak.

Hey i'm a tattoo freak too and this is why i wanted to get this and see this so damn bad. Definitely get it for damn sure.

I wished that the hot looking asian girl in it got naked though.:P

Sounds good, I've been thinking of renting it.

RIP wrote:

I wished that the hot looking asian girl in it got naked though.:P

Eh you always can't wish for the best looking women in movies to always get naked.

the trailer did nothing for me but I guess I'll have to get around to checking this one out smile

skfan wrote:

the trailer did nothing for me but I guess I'll have to get around to checking this one out smile

At least give the film a rent. I bought the dvd and enjoyed it. It's one of those movies I might watch 2 to 3 times a year so it isn't too bad really.

Also, a trailer doesn't always have to attract the viewer. Now if the plot sounds good and you are interested in the movie but the trailer sucks, i would still see it. But if the trailer was good and the plot sucked, then i don't know about see the movie. Basically what i'm saying skfan is that don't base the movie off the trailer, i would definitely give it a rent. Just give it a try. If you like it, great. If you don't, then that's fine also. All that matters is that your atleast gave it a shot.

RIP wrote:
skfan wrote:

At least give the film a rent. I bought the dvd and enjoyed it. It's one of those movies I might watch 2 to 3 times a year so it isn't too bad really.

Yea I'll check it out for sure wink

I liked this movie too and it showed the New Zealand/Samoan culture in a really interesting light. I also thought it was interesting about the none thought that does not go through peoples minds (apart from looking cool) when choosing a tattoo. Especially tribal tattoos. It was one of those movies that made me cry too when the ending was revealed. Yes one of my favs and definitely worth the watch

Is movie scary or more gory?
would it stop peolpe from tatooies
my brother also tatoo freak
i what to scary hell out him

but he also hate, He is 28 braindead aka dead scared shit out him lol

I posted on this too a montha go. I liked the movie. It was notr award winning but it was an excellent forign film and it had good, above average acting I thought. Special effects and the dvd extras were good.

the movie is really not gory. its more of a suspence horror. There were bloody scenes but it was believable, not like a slasher movie. It was well done.

Blah, this movie sucked.

I liked this movie, i also did review on this movie and gave it 7 oout of 10

i liked it thought it was original concept and good acting.

I brought this a long while ago and liked it. Really surprised me since I had heard people saying it was not that good. I get the feeling they expected a 'traditional' & typical horror, I liked how it played out. Going for the more personal embedded storyline than the flat out scares, Jason Behr I thought was fantastic given he has not been in much and imo, it was nice to see an original idea that worked well both on paper and on the screen.

Slow thinker at times but definitely imo, an underrated little film. smile

I haven't seen this one yet due to the fact that everyone on Fangoria kept telling me it's a piece of shit. But I trust the members on here a lot more than the one's on Fangoria, so I'm probably gonna rent this one.

Good movie......one of those you have to be in the right mood for!!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-cool04.gif

I agree with the above comment

I got this on dvd about a year ago for 2 reasons - tattoos (which i love) and jason behr (who's a hottie).

It wasn't fantastic but I did enjoy it.... but I might be a bit biased towards it cos it's from my side of the world smile loved seeing the traditional method of tattooing