Topic: New Poster for The Girl Next Door

This is one of the smaller budget films that we have been keeping our eye on for some time now. The Girl Next Door is based on the Jack Ketchum that in turn was based on a true story. The little girl in the story was tortured, raped, and abused by he...

Read More : New Poster for The Girl Next Door

Re: New Poster for The Girl Next Door

For additional info here is a link to the Crime Library website on the Sylvia Likens case that this is based on.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_m … ens/1.html

The novel by Jack Ketchum is outstanding.  If the film is anything like the book than its going to be something that's sure to break some boundaries.  I'm excited for this one.  The poster looks sweet.

We had talked about this a while ago, I am thrilled that this is going ahead. And I agree with Tim, I will be shocked if the movie is as graphic as the book.

the poster looks so awsome now im intrested in the movie because the poster looks so sweet.

Wasn't there a rumor somewhere that Peter Jackson was going to direct?  Hehe... man that would have been a trip.

I remeber reading this on the crime site..I read many of them another crazy story was that Mary Bell..it bothered me very badly..but sounds like this going to be a must see movie..poster is cool..

Tim, I think you are thinking about The Lovely Bones by Alice Klebold. Peter Jackson has been tied to that project.

Greg wrote:

Tim, I think you are thinking about The Lovely Bones by Alice Klebold. Peter Jackson has been tied to that project.

omg! you our the first person to ever talk about this book on any site I've been on..I love this book its one of my favorite books I've read this book 4 times already..Tim this is great book..ok I'm sorry I got a little excited there..

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of... thanks Greg.  I knew it had to do something with a rape scene and Peter Jackson... just coudn't put my finger on it.

I have to say this is gonna be a intense film I just read the whole story on this poor girl and it really saddens me but it also really angers me on how nobody did anything..this girl was beaten, burned, and more and nothing was done..