Topic: Bruce Campbell Article Thread

Posted a few days ago, my article on Bruce Campbell and partially on the Evil Dead movies. So far it's been quiet, which leads me to believe you all agree with my mutterings smile Or maybe you were just waiting for me to post a thread, or maybe no one read it smile Knowing that the last one is likely, I am going to be the arrogant attention whore that I am and plug the article again.

The link is http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6209.html

If you disagree, or want to bitch about how I don't know what I'm talking about, post here. If you agree, well hell lets have a beer, and then I'll tell you about the time my head caught fire while watching the Real World on MTV.

Dan

Re: Bruce Campbell Article Thread

I read your article and I agree, Bruce Campbell kicks ass and to put it simply...he is the B Movie Messiah.

Though, I am a bit depressed you failed to mentoin Bubba Ho-Tep.

I haven't read the article yet.. But you can't argue that Bruce Campbell owns.. I mean the guy is a horror movie legend. Nice guy too..

Entire article, I agree with all of it.

hehe bubba ho-tep! Forgot all about that LOL opps!

Bubba Ho Tep is classical Bruce Campbell. That movie is the measuring stick of whether you are a fan or not. If you think its stupid your not a Chin fan, if you love it and laugh at it you need to start shopping at S-Mart, kicking ass and taking names for you are a fan and one of the chosen ones... yes im going back to drinking now.

He is good at his "thing" on camera, but in person was jerk to mywife and several other volunteers at a con in Dallas several years ago.  I pretty much avoid his stuff now days.

I heard he can be an jerk in person, but I think a lot of those genre actors are when they go to those conventions, especially the more famous ones like Campbell. Many have said that about Savini at conventions but I have worked with him and he is genuinely a nice guy. I mean, have you seen horror fans? A couple of encounters with face-painted, rabid fans would be enough for anyone to turn into an ass.

Actually when I have met Bruce he wasn't a jerk. He was just in a hurry really.. I mean he was swamped so he had to get through as many people as possible. As a matter of fact the Barnes and Noble where he was signing had to turn people away there was so many.

As for other horror celebrities being jerks I have to HIGHLY disagree. I have been to so many horror conventions it would make your head spin. The only bad encounter I have ever had was with Tom Savini. I asked him a question he looked at me said "Yea.." and walked away.. Pissed me off.

I've met Tony Todd, George Romero, Leonard Lies, Sid Haig, Bill Moseley (cool as hell), Ken Foree (pimp), Kane Hodder, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns, Michael Berryman, Charles Band and the list goes on.. They were all very cool and took the time to sign and talk to each of the fans one on one.. Sure there is probably a couple bad apples out there somewhere but don't think that going to a convention your gonna be dealing with a bunch of stuck up actors.

Man you lucky guys.  No horror convention is around me which suxs a lot.  The only big horror thing around me was Fangoria's sneek peek of The Descent on Wends.

If I may offer an opinion on the 'jerk' thing.  It is entirly possible that they might just be having a bad day, something else is on thier mind or someone said something to them earlier that made them a bit annoyed and it sadly carried over.

I agree, one encounter with a stranger isn't enough to tell you whether or not the person is really an ass, or just having a bad day. How many times have you done something assholish, and yet, you're really a nice guy 90% of the time?

Celebs at cons are mobbed - CONSTANTLY. They have to put up with the general public the entire time, mostly asking the same stupid question, or saying the same stupid catch phrase over and over. It would be enough to drive anyone mad.

Please remember you can't judge a person's entire character or personality from a single encounter in the worst conditions.

Bruce Cambell is one of my all time favorite actors.  He was superb in the Evil Dead's, i thought (especially ED2 and Army of Darkness).  I agree with your article completely.  Great on screen...

Your right....... Bruce Campbell Kicks Ass, for sure.
I love watching The Evil Dead series and never get tired of them

I am in agreement with your article:)
this is my first post so I figure I will ramble a little..who am I gonna scare here eh? love the Bruce.
I am a big fan of weeelll any horror I can get my paws on and have been all my very long life:) I would like to explore the overseas horror a bit more as the mainline stuff from hoolywood is tiring me. (other than my man mr. Rob Zombie) we must share a brain:) I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for the nightofthelivingdead3d to be released, I hope they don't tease us with moving release dates. and I am excited about this Sin Jin Smythe when is it due out? but I guess I should loop this back around to the BRUCE. OH PLESE mr. Campbell do us all right and make this movie you are working on a thing of beauty:)
oh and yes I am female..MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
love yas

Goon wrote:

Actually when I have met Bruce he wasn't a jerk. He was just in a hurry really.. I mean he was swamped so he had to get through as many people as possible. As a matter of fact the Barnes and Noble where he was signing had to turn people away there was so many.

As for other horror celebrities being jerks I have to HIGHLY disagree. I have been to so many horror conventions it would make your head spin. The only bad encounter I have ever had was with Tom Savini. I asked him a question he looked at me said "Yea.." and walked away.. Pissed me off.

I've met Tony Todd, George Romero, Leonard Lies, Sid Haig, Bill Moseley (cool as hell), Ken Foree (pimp), Kane Hodder, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns, Michael Berryman, Charles Band and the list goes on.. They were all very cool and took the time to sign and talk to each of the fans one on one.. Sure there is probably a couple bad apples out there somewhere but don't think that going to a convention your gonna be dealing with a bunch of stuck up actors.

I met Bruce last year and it's like you said Goon, he was so very busy, mobs of people waiting to see him; he joked around and was very nice for as long as he possibly could with each person.

I also will agree with you on Savini.  Two years ago I went to my first horror con and was so happy to meet him - I loved him as Sex Machine in From Dusk Till Dawn.  I had my son with me and he was so rude to both of us, acted like we were bothering him when we just wanted to say we were big fans and it was great to meet him.  I have heard this from practically everyone who has met him so I don't think it was an off-day.  I really think he just doesn't give a damn at all.  Well, I just don't bother with him, no one else I have met has been like that.  I just got back from the weekend at Horrorfind and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Howard Sherman (Bub!) and Dee Wallace Stone (again - just love her) and others; great as always.  They lost several celebrities who would have been coming in from England (Rutger Hauer) but could not get flights but we had a great time with everyone who could attend.

I have to say alot of celebs I met are really cool from various festival junkets. The only one who brushed me off was Tom Savini. I told him I wanted to talk about his new film which I wont name, and he had might as well told me to fuck off. To say he was rude was an under-statement. Needless to say i was a huge huge fan of his characters in film and now I boycott films he is in. Why? Because I wont spend my dollars on a guy who doesnt appreciate his fans. I also thought it might have been an off day till I read other posts of him doing this kind of thing.

Bruce Campbell who I interviewed is very brief, but very cool. He is friendly but to the point cause lets face it hes busy smile

I agree with you Meh about boycotting his films, but there is one coming up that I'm dying to see and I noticed yesterday he has a bit part in it.  Maybe that'll change, hope so.  I also saw yesterday where some guy posted who went to the horrorfind con this past weekend that he asked him if he was having fun (since he never looks like he wants to be there and I always wonder why he keeps coming) and he answered "loads" and turned away.  He's a real prince.

haha. I saw him at a horror convention and all he was doing was bitching that he had to setup his own booth. The two guys with me offered to help him. What movie is he gonna be in that you wanna see?

It's a dissapointment to hear that he is a dick in real life, because he is a terrific actor.

I think she is referring to Grind House.. At least thats a movie that I know he is in that is big that ALOT of people are waiting for.. Hopefully he'll end up on the DVD in "Deleted Scenes".. heh

Yep, that's the one Goon and I definitely agree because I have to see it.