Re: Watertown, PA (Rping Thread)

I quickly duck down as cars started to explode.
"What the fuck?"
I grabbed my bag out of the car and ran over to the people standing there staring at me as if I was an alien from outerspace.

I
"Umm, hi. I'm Coral Shepard. I live, well, used to live on the outskirts of town. I've been trapped in my house for the past few days. Whats going on? Wheres the sheriff? What the hell is all this?" I swiped my arm out meaning the dead body parts all over. I couldn't help it, tears started to fall, it has been too long since I have seen living people.

(Hey, i wonder if its cool with u all if I can join this rp, because frankly i'm addicted to these.  I already have a character, and I can join in quickly.  If you let me join, here's my character's intro.)

The sound of pistol fire announces the presence of Vince Maslow, a local waste management worker and handguns enthusiast.  Right at that moment, Vince is fireing his prized Taurus Judge into the face of an attacking zombie.  The head of the zombie blows backward, sending skull fragments and gray matter.  He brings the machete in his offhand into the skull of another zombie, then kicks the zombie in the chest and frees the blade which is trailed by a gout of blackish-red blood.  Vince shouts to one of the survivors, "Hey, you, yeah, wanna give me some help here?  These things are everywhere, and frankly, I'm getting a bit crowded."  He smiles impishly.  "Care to lend a hand?"

Coral drops her bag on the ground, grabs her large gardening shears and runs over to the newcomer.
Coral grins at Vince, she always had a bit of respect for him since they were in the same line. "Hi, ya Vince. Extra hand here."

OOC:
Sorry to be awol guys stuck in a run of night shifts and my brain is just sludge.  Will post properly tomorrow.

Vince smiles back at Carol, who he holds no small amount of fondness for.  "Carol, nice of you to join us, friend."  He smashes the blade of his machete into the face of a shambler, then rips it out with messy jerk.  "Now, my dear, what the fuck is going on?  Why is everything going all Romero around here?"  As Vince asks, there is a loud moan from the corner of the street.  Even more zombies are on their way.  Vince looks up at the advancing hoard, then he grabs Carol's wrist.  "Come on, we have to go.  My car is right over there."  He points over to Green Cutlass a small ways away.  Vince keeps hold of Carol's list and leaps into his car.  He starts up the engine and backs up, running over a nearby zombie.  Vince smirks slightly at the sound of the tire smashing down on the thing's skull.

I stand... dumbfounded.

I look across at my companion and start to laugh.

"What the fuck was that all about?"  As I watch the unlikely pair take off without a second glance in our direction.

Another car's tank explodes throwing into ghastly relief the growing number of zombies moving toward us, their shadows dancing on the alley walls like some sort of hellish rave.

I catch the convicts arm,

"We'll party later Prisoner, lets get the hell outta here okay?"

I watch as the two strangers enter the vehicle and drive off.  "Ahh alone at last."  As a grin I looked around and could see zombies coming from all the allyways just moaning as they made their way towards us.  "Well, not as alone as I thought I guess."  Rachel grabs my arm and seems urgent to get outta dodge.  "Aww come on darlin, its just starting to get interesting out here."  The flood of zombies kept pouring out and this is by far the most I've seen scatter in this area.  "Yea, alright.  It might be time to go."  I whispered to Rachel.

"We might wanna stop by the nearest ammo depot and see if those two other fellas left anything behind for us to salvage cause I think we just might need to even the odds a little bit."

I grab the tire iron from the road.

"Take me to the promise land"

Last edited by BooF (2008-05-12 08:08:14)

Vince suddenly looks back and sees the rest of the party.  "Oh, god damn."  He slams on the brake, slinging around the vehicle to face the rest of the group.  Vince smashes down the gas, sending the car rocketing foreward.  A zombie rolls off the hood, and its skull smashes open on the ground.  Vince whoops, then skids the car to a stop in front of the party.  He opens up the car door once more.  "Hey, sorry about that.  Do you guys want a ride or something?"  Vince punctuates his point by apart the skull of a nearby zombie.  It falls to the ground with a wet plop.

OOC

Sorry guys I'm going to be AWOL for a while as I'm running ragged between pre-production work on Outpost and my regular day job.  Happy for BooF to write me in with him as he goes along though I'll stick with the big guy. Be back soonest. Cheers.

OOC:

This thing still going or did it die out already?

I'm still in if anyone else is.

OOC: I'm gonna try to join in as a bum named Wayne Rios, any ideas?

Last edited by beer2mouth (2008-08-10 19:28:53)

Me too, I'm a forensic pathologist named Mercy Whitedeer.  Info and bio on other thread.

As I crack another beer, I look down at the cool brilliance in my hand.  Was it just luck I always carried it with me?  Or providence.  I didn't know, I guess it didn't really matter at this point.  I had been one of the first to see them.  Right in the middle of an autopsy, a hand moved.  I didn't even react, its not that unusual to see movement and hear sounds in the db's during autopsy.  I just kept working.  But then another movement.  Shit, I was tired but this tired?  I stopped.  The girl, or what had been a girl before the mva, struggled to a sitting position.  I froze.  Then her head turned and faced me with cold intent in her eyes. What the FUCK?   I thought to myself.  I backed slowly to my desk, and gingerly slid open the right hand drawer.  I reached in and fingered for the  38 which had sat in that drawer, unused, every day since I took this job.  I raised the pistol, aimed at the girl, and stood there.  What the hell is this?  Am I dreaming, or having a stroke?  This is medically impossible.  Then she/it, stood and began taking uneven steps towards me.  I stood my position but didn't fire.  This can't be happening, I thought.  It came closer, then another sound off to my left, another body was moving on the table.  I don't need this shit, its not murder if your already dead, I thought.   I fired at the thing in front of me, blood splatter flew everywhere and it dropped.  I raced to the door before anything else even had time for the sheets to drop off their bodies.  I caught, out of the corner of my eye, a body bag moving as I ran through the door, and thought  of a caterpillar in a cocoon.  Then I slammed the door behind me.  It was late and no one else was in the office, what a relief; I would have felt responsible for them.  Now I just had me to worry about.  Get home!  Was all I could think.  Its safe there.  I can think better if I can get there.  I jumped into my Jeep and raced to my home on the outskirts of town.  I jump out, no one around, good again.  I ran to my door and fumbled with the keys,finally manipulating them into the lock, burst through my door, and shut and locked it behind me.  I activated the house's defenses. ( I had modeled them after the house, in that old movie Fear.)  I waited as my house quickly and quietly converted itself into a fortress, then I sat.  I should call some one, I thought.  And say what?  And to who?  I needed to think about this logically.  Calm down, I told myself.  OK, I need to notify the authorities, but in spite of living here for several years, I knew few people and socialized even less.  I'll keep it simple, I'll notify  Sheriff Tanner, and he can call the National Guard are whoever the hell you call when dead people start walking around, and I"ll call Dr. Parker, courtesy call, I mused.  Then I will have done my civic duty, I thought to myself.  The only problem was, that was two days ago, and either no one had answered their phones, are their phones were not working. The TV stations were out almost immediately, after getting out some kind of generic bio-hazard warning.  The same can be said for the internet and cell phones, all dead!  I'm in a virtual media vacuum. So, here I sit, spinning the drum in old reliable and sipping a bear.  I peer down at my monitors and see smoke rising from town.  Well at least someone was alive, I thought as I lit another cigarette.

I had been working on my skills in breaking and entry when all of a sudden my world changed. Well it only changed in the sense that I had a beautiful girl downstairs with a beer and nobody to share it with amidst a zombie apocalypse. I quickly glanced back in my head to the days I had been in the same predicament in my own house spending drinking in loneliness. This house was so different. I had never seen such a well defended house in all my days in the slums: I had hit the jackpot of all targets. However, she was so good looking and reminded me of my married life and I had missed Anne in a way.

So going against my original plans of working alone, I decided to surprise her from behind while drinking the beer in case she was armed. While approaching, I heard a man beating on the front door, so I hid in the nearby pantry closet. It was the theater manager Matt Spender. Apparently, they had a relationship going on and his first reaction was to meet her in this fortress. After they made a passionate embrace, I decided to hide in another place because she reminded me of Anne, but as I reached for the closet door, it made tons of noise. Did they hear me? I hid back in the closet gripping my trusty tire iron.

Matt! OMG!  Your alive!  I had been seeing Matt for about six months, and though I didn't really love him, I loved the sight of him at this moment.  We had held each other for only a moment when I heard a noise behind me.  I whirled around just in time to see some one standing by my closet?  As Matt reached for his shotgun, I raised my 38 and pointed it at the shadow.  If your dead, this won't hurt a bit, but if your alive, you better speak right now, or I'll drop you where you stand, I managed to gasp.   Who are you and what are you doing in my house?  From the shadows emerged a dark skinned man, who looked like he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
Speak now!  I screamed.

"If your going to shoot me get it over with, just don't hand me over to that racist man you call sheriff", I said in as calm a voice I could manage.

Finally, coming out of the closet and making eye contact she looked just like Anne. I started to stiffen up and I hoped Matt didn't notice, because this wasn't the place or the time.

OOC: I'm gonna let possum say something she is the one with the gun afterall

As the man stepped into the light, I realized who he was, and that he wasn't dead.  His name was "Wayne", and I didn't know much else about him, except that he was alive and he was in my house.  The ladder disturbed me more.  Still aiming my gun at his head, I querried, How the Hell did you get in here?  The fear rising in my throat at the thought, that if he was in here, what else might be.

"Hey now sweet thing don't shoot, listen to Matt here, and listen to reason, I haven't taken anything I swear on it." I felt so stupid for admitting guilt and she had been looking like she wanted to torture me the whole time. I might as well have said I was upstairs sniffing her panties. I was so fucked. The only thing I took was in my back pocket and it was a wallet sized picture of her that reminded me of my ex-wife. I hope she is as smart as she looks, she is definitely a looker. *Crash*, *Clank*, just then we all turned around to see a zombie come through the door. During all the passion in their encounter, Matt forgot to close the door as had been the routine. In that moment, I grabbed the snub nose from her hand and rapidly shot the zombie in the throat.and head. By this time Matt had his shotgun pressed against my neck. I could already hear it coming: drop the gun you jungle bunny.

Turns out he was only prepared to deal with me in case I turned my gun on them. It felt like he was about to lower the shotgun, but I wasn't sure. One thing I was sure of though is that the other undead heard those .38 ahells flying.

Last edited by beer2mouth (2008-08-13 22:01:00)

Matt was a typical white guy to me, he believed everything could be solved with a gun and power. I didn't want him to know I had seen trouble. I said, "Ok, I'll get that big magnum back there, but you need to realize who's packing the biggest gun out of us doesn't mean shit if we don't work together".I knew that would make him appreciate the temporary alliance we had just formed and I knew for sure he wouldn't take his watchful eye off me. But what about his girlicious babe, is she the same, I thought?

Matt!  I said, What are you doing?  This guy just broke in my house!   But Matt, just raised his finger to his lip, and smiled.  Thats when I remembered the pistol down the hall wasn't loaded.  I relaxed a bit.  I quickly closed the door, but saw more of those lumbering idiots outside.  There's more outside, I said.  We shouldn't use the guns unless we have to.  They're too loud.  But Wayne had already turned down the hall to retrieve the weapons.  Matt smiled, I hope he likes baseball, he said.  I giggled.  OK, well when he gets back we have to see how he got in, and check that out.  Here, have I beer.  I handed one to Matt, and cracked another one for myself.

To my surprise, the gun had a really nice action, but there was one problem, they keep everything unloaded in the house. I knew they wouldn't give a gun without ammo so I started to go through shit like I payed bills for last 12 months and they didn't like it at all. I wasn't sure how they thought I would react to it not having ammo.

I walked in the kitchen and said "anybody want to see where Tiger Woods gets his swing from or can I get some cooperation?" They just started laughing and said "nigga please". I actually wasn't expecting them to say that and they actually got me to crack a smile for the first time in ages. "You guys watch Dave Chappelle too?", They looked at me confused.

"Nevermind" I said. They did have the upper hand so I turned to them and said asked whats for dinner and whether they had enough supplies to last us awhile.

Ok, asshole, how did you get in?  And can those things get in behind you?  Give me some straight answers and you might get some ammo!  I turned to rummage through the cabinets.  I've got a shit load of dehydrated meals I use for camping, you guys hungry?  No food though till I know this place is secure.

The place of residence was secure. I had came in through the roof and didn't want them to go investigate the point of entry because i left my drug stash there in case trouble while looting i would grab it on the way out. Its too bad because I wanted to try to get her alone because I couldn't hold back the feelings inside and being homeless hasn't exactly get me laid in awhile.

Regardless, she was insistent and I was going to have to get her up there alone to get my chances up. "Okay, you caught me red-handed I found a weak point in this place, but I will only show you if we go alone because I've had a shotgun pointed at me entirely too long. I will give Matt the bat and magnum because its going to be some tight spaces, now what do you say?", I said knowing my plan was already being put in motion.