Topic: SpiderMan 3- I hate to sound like a fanboy but...

Well I have been a pretty big fan of the Spiderman comic and the films for quite some time.. But with the trailer being released something that happens in the new film has slowly gotten under my skin and is really starting to annoy me.

Spiderman has always done what he does because he didn't stop that one criminal because when he didn't the criminal killed his Uncle Ben.. It was the moment in Peter Parkers life where everything changed. It was like an atomic bomb had hit him and he had to rebuild everything he ever believed in. "With great power comes great responsibility"..

Well now in Spiderman 3 the man that he supposedly took care of in the first film was not the actual killer of his Uncle.. It is now the Sandman? This is about as dumb as Hulks father being The Absorbing Man.. Even worse than that.. This actually goes down to the core of what made Spiderman who he is.. Something that in the comic books he still blamed himself for..

I'll probably still go see the movie to see how it all plays out but this is definetly one of the biggest fuck ups I have seen in a super hero movie.. It may not really show because they can write the character how they want.. but in the comics Spiderman has always been sort of a troubled superhero..

Re: SpiderMan 3- I hate to sound like a fanboy but...

I am in total agreement with you, Goon.  I was also always bothered by the original Tim Burton Batman in which it is discovered that the Joker is the man responsible for killing Bruce Wayne's parents.

To me, it's a cheap way to insert drama into a movie.  A cheap way to add "closure" to the character.

Part of the thing that I always liked about Batman's origin was the fact that his parent's killers would most likely never be caught.  The crime would always haunt Bruce Wayne.

Batman will never have closure and sadly that's one of the cool appealing facets of him.
*total Batman fan here*
man Goon I hope they don't poop up spidey's rep, I gotta see the movie though.....

oh and I was SO hoping for Venom in the third movie.

Last edited by thedeadshallrule (2007-01-20 17:01:37)

i never was diehard into the comics but making a huge cahnge like taht really does fuck with the story. Even I know that its the wrong storyline. I gotta wonder how all the fans of the comics are taking this.

i dont mind the story i kinnda like it. but i dont really cre about that i just wnna see venmon

For me I kind of feel like all the Star Wars fans yelling "Han Shoots First!".. But this just irritates me.. Spiderman always felt responsible for his Uncles death because he let ONE guy go.. So now he will no longer feel that obligation..

They have made some other changes of course in the movie that I actually liked more.. Like the whole shooting webs organically.. If you think about it that makes much more sense then a high school kid developing some high tech web shooter. They also made some minor tweaks which was fine too..

I don't know I guess they have the luxury of not writing Spiderman for 500 more issues like Marvel does so its not as important to them to give him a drive that will last for his entire life..