Re: Watertown, PA (Rping Thread)

OOC: I guess I'll just jump in, because I have been wanting to contribute big_smile

I sat calmly in my desk chair, spinning idly in front of the microphone as Guinnivere by CSN&Y aired. It was 4:57 am. My shift was over at 6:30. But that didn't mean much, seeing as Matt would show up whenever at his own discretion for his shift after mine. Quite the entrepeneur.
      As the song ended, I reached for the mic, ready to broadcast, when the door to my left flew open, slamming into my chair, making me toss down the mic from my desk. "What the Hell!" I looked up as Dan flopped down a folder of papers onto the desk. "Apparently-" he said raking his hands through his hair "you gotta broadcast this on the station" "What?" "Yeah, thats government issue stuff" I looked at him jokingly, "Don't you think if it's that damn important, everyone else is gonna be reading the same thing?" "Dammit Mick, I guess everyone who can hear it needs to! Just get that shit on air!" He slammed the door behind him as he left. I swung my feet up onto the desk. "Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out"
     This was pretty weird. I mean, it isn't every day that we are obligated to broadcast some important information. I set up another song, so I'd have a minute to leaf through papers. I didn't read the whole first page, just scanned words. And as far as I could tell, this was pretty goddamn weird. I opened the door and poked my head out. "So Dan, what the hell is this all about anyway?" I was not graced with an answer. "Dan?" I looked at, Shelly, she was our receptionist. "Where'd he go?"   She didn't look up from the computer "Oh, he went out" "Ah" I began to close the door as the sickening metallic crunch rang from the street out front. "Holy shit..."  I jumped out of the chair and looked at Shelly who only stared at the front door. "C'mon!" I yelled at her. I walked to the door, not really knowing what to expect. As I opened it, the first thing I registered was Dan reeling on the walk, and then his car sitting in the road. "Hey man" I asked "Whats going on?!" His faced wavered between me and what was lying in the road. "Oh holy shit" The man lay contorted in the street. His torso turned 180 degrees to face behind him, his arm twisted behind his back, and the glass from the windshield lodged in his face. Agonizing could not describe how the man looked.
      For the first time in my life, I actually felt faint; and feeling like I was about to vomit, I was still attempting to register the original scene at hand when the dead man began to reach his arms towards the calf of Dan.

Fine!  Lets go, but try any shit, and I'll blow your ass away!  As we walked past Matt, I saw the concern on his face, but right now the most important thing was to make sure our refuge was secure.  Why did you break into my house in the first place?  I asked Wayne.

"Mercy, thats none of your business at this point I snapped" realizing that she could never understand how I had lived during the past few days breaking and entering was routine. Something about this house was different. I didn't want her to know I had to kill the last group of survivors because they wasted our supplies to quickly. Mercy, insisted so I turned away and said, this house was just as good as any, would you have rather me turned into one of those things?" I asked hoping I would hear my answer.

No, I guess not, I replied.  Okay, show me this place is secure so we can eat, I'm starving.  Wayne showed me where he had entered and he had  re-secured it.  I was about to say something when suddenly I heard a voice on the radio downstairs. (I had left it on the local channel, just in case).  OMG, did you hear that?  I said.

"Yeah, shut up lets listen in and hope Matt can catch what we miss" What followed was the most bizare report i have heard...the parts we could make out at least.

"DAN!!" He turned around as the man wrapped both hands around his leg and attempt to sink his teeth in through his Jeans. He was not able to pierce his teeth through the jeans, but as Dan fell down, slamming his chest into the walk, the man in the street succeeded in ripping the denim, and sunk his teeth deep into his calf. Blood squirted into his eyes as he tore away the first chunk of flesh, and turned away to chew methodically on his first score. A gutterall scream erupted from Dan as he attempted to pull himself up, only to tumble down into the sidewalk again. I was only able to stand and stare, undecided on my next action. I looked back at Dan, "Jesus..." I ran to him and grabbed his arm, pulling him up. I wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled him up the stairs. As I dragged him back into the building, Shelly jumped up from her desk. "What the hell is going on out there?" She looked from me to Dan, now pale faced, but still conscious. "Jeez, Shelly, help me get im' on the couch" She walked over, grabbed his legs, and together we carried him to the main room couch, across from her desk.
     "What happened to him?" I didn't answer immediatly, instead, I ran down a hallway branching off to the left. "MICK! What happened?" "He hit somebody in the road" "AND?!" "And..." I didn't really know what to say "The man attacked him... he... bit him in the leg" she was quiet for a moment. "He bit him?"  "Yeah, in the leg" I continued down the hall until I found what I was looking for. I looked into the red box on the wall where the axe sat behind the glass door. I was surprised this was still here, I mean, generally there was just a fire extinguisher, but no, we also had an axe. There certainly was no fire, but this seemed a good as any to whip it out. I pulled it from the box, held it in my hands for a moment, and headed back to the front room.

Last edited by Zomboy (2008-08-16 22:25:16)

I could tell by the way Matt stared at me, he wasn't going to ever trust me, so I decided to get the shotgun from him and show him I could be trusted by giving it back. I told Matt that Mercy had some blood on her when I showed her the stash. When he turned to the approaching Mercy, I rustled for the shotgun. "Boom", another shotgun shell wasted as I chopped Matt in the throat and swung the shotgun into my arm. Mercy was trying to get a good shot on my dark-skinned head, but it was dark and Matt was in the way. Shotgun in hand I said,  "I just wanted to show you I could be trusted. I don't want to kill any of you guys as long as we work together. Now tell me what you heard over the radio and I will give you back your weapon, but you must get me some kind of weapon other than the magnum...I don't have two index fingers and I won't be much use without a shotgun or melee weapon.." Matt looked pissed, he was surely going to shoot me once I gave him back the weapon. "Make this quick Matt, tell us where the survivors are over the radio and quit looking at me like I have tits".

Enough with all the testosterone!  I shouted.  We need to think about this carefully.  We don't even know if it was a live signal or recorded.  Lets get something to eat, and turn the radio up.  And Wayne, you pull a stunt like that again, and the only ammo you get, will be in the ass!  I walked toward the kitchen, turning the volume nob up, on the radio.  If there is some one alive there, we need to try and think of a way to contact them.

While Mercy listened in, I was in the living room dismantling the furniture and tables. I barred the kitchen window which that zombie had cracked while trying to eat Matt. They were out there. I could smell em, there was a stench and we were going to have to eat soon or I was going to lose my appetite. Matt was a romantic and he had balls, he would come over and cook for Mercy using her cookware and sit down to eat before even touching her. He made some food out of what was left as she watched him getting into the supplies and hugging him from behind. I finished impromptu barricades and the only place left unbarricaded was the second floor.

As the radio came on we were about to all sit down and eat but something wasn't right. We heard moans and it wasn't coming from either Mercy or Matt. It was drowning out the broadcasters voice it was so loud. Was it coming over the radio or what was that noise? Was it from inside the house?

Last edited by beer2mouth (2008-08-18 08:59:36)

OOC: Sorry guys, I've been out for awhile, just hadn't had time to post anything here, but Im working on it as we speak big_smile

I returned from the hall with the axe walking toward shelly and Dan, who was attempting to sit up from the couch. He had Shelly's coat wrapped around his leg where she had attempted to stop the bleeding, but it had done little good as it began to trickle down onto the carpet. "What are you going to do with that!?" she asked. "Im using it for self defense" "Self defense from what?" she was looking extremely agitated. "From whoever, or whatever the hell is out there" We both glanced back at the front door.
     "Goddamn am I tired, I feel like shit" Dan uttered his first words since the attack. He looked extremely weak, and leaned his head back against the window behind the couch.
     The sudden sound of shattering glass forced Shelly to a scream, and as the window was destroyed from outside forces, a pair of hands reach in and wrapped themselves around dans head. "HOLY SHIT!" Dan began to scream and writhe, attempting to pry away the hands, but as a second pair of hands reached in, grabbing his shoulder, his fate was sealed as he slid through the jagged window glass. We sat stunned, staring at the empty window, waiting for them to try and claim another victim. "Wh...who...who are they..." Shelly managed to say. I grabbed the axe, and slowly peered out the window, sticking my head out. I looked down, and watched four people slowly tear apart Dan, limb by limb on the ground. One at his head grabbed it at the sides and began to pull upward, tearing out of its foundation along with part of his spine. The four were covered with gore, and I threw myself back into the room cutting the back of my neck on a piece of glass. "Jesus christ, I'm pretty sure I know exactly what they are, but I must be crazy if Im going to believe it" I attempted to confirm my disbelief by looking out the front door, but as I opened it a crack, I saw at least thirty dazed people stumbling around the street. Only now did I hear the distant cries, and the screams of sirens. I shot past Shelly, shoving her aside, and darted into the broadcasting room.
     I picked up the government issue folder that I was given earlier, and what I read was of no reassuring matter. I sat silently in my chair for a moment, then flipped up the switch on the mic and slowly began my broadcast for help.

I set my help calls on a loop, broadcasting my name, our position, and the weapons we had here with us. I left the broadcasting room, and walked back once again to see Shelly. It had been 3 hours since Dan had been killed. I left just in time to find Shelly walking out the front door. "JESUS CHRIST! What are you doing?" I yelled to her. We've been staring out at those "things" out there for 3 hours! I have to get out of here! I need to make sure my friends are allright!" "Look, I said" edging towards her, I couldn't afford to let her do anything stupid. "I don't think thats the best idea. I mean, you've seen what those things can do" "I don't give a shit" she snapped back at me. "We can't stay here forever!" I darted to grab her arm, but she tore away edging through the door and shutting it behind her.

Last edited by Zomboy (2008-08-20 22:06:55)

"Quiet down man! We have been almost surrounded. Can you run Mercy?" I turned and asked her. But, she made no reply. I think for the first time, she realized that we were probably all not going to make it to the station alive. I didn't want to turn into a pile of flesh, so I said "follow me" like i was the lead in a movie and dashed out of the front door and started to run even faster. Matt and Mercy were somewhere behind I could hear them, so I continued to run, but as I turned the first corner, there was an entire street full of brain eaters. I have taken on 3 guys at once before but there was no way we could make it through. I darted back to the house but Matt and Mercy had already left. They must have known a better route, had a vehicle or couldn't keep up with me. I decided to head back in the house and wait there for a minute because I knew they had no chance of surviving without me, I hoped. They knew they could trust me, but did they panic and run scared?

I ran out the door hoping to get to Shell before it was too late. I bounded down the stairs, axe in hand. and began to look for her. She wasn't hard to find in the small parking lot in front of the building. She was hurriedly finding her keys in her purse. "Thank god..." I muttered. As I took my first step towards her, something from behind grabbed my shoulder. I whirled around to stare at a slack jawed, pale man, who quietly moaned at me, once again grabbing my shoulder. I pulled him off easily once again, and lifted my foot up, kicking him in the chest, and putting him on the ground. I walked over to her finally, and grabbed her. She started suddenly, yelling. She turned around. "Jesus Mick, you scared the shit out of me" "Im sorry. But look, mabye we can get outta here before those things get to us. I'm not sure they-" She stared wide eyed at something behind me. I once again faced my previous assailant. "Get away from us!" I lifted the axe and swung, firmly planting it into the things head. It went down almost instantly, crumpling. I placed my foot on its neck and pulled. The Axe came free with a disgusting "FWAP". "One down" I said morosely.

Quick Guys!  Back in the house.  But Wayne was already running.  Matt and I ran back in and shut the door.  What is that idiot doing, I asked Wayne?  I have a perfectly good Hummer in the garage.  It's all loaded with guns and supplies.  We can go downtown, and maybe find that idiot on the way before he gets eaten.  Matt just looked exasperated.  Matt grabbed a few things from the living room, and we headed for the garage.  Aren't you glad I bought a real Hummer, and not one of those useless new things?  Matt laughed and said " You bet your sweat ass I am".  I'll drive, throw me the keys, Matt replied.  We jumped in and I hit the door remote.  Drive, I screamed, Drive!  We pulled out and I hoped the door closed quickly behind us.  We turned toward town.

OCC:  Sounds good to me.

They came for me afterall! I really felt stupid not asking about vehicles, but hey I figured they would have mentioned that. Who knows, they might have mentioned it. I was so hungry. That so called "meal" was hardly in my throat when the chaos began. I always pictured my last meal as being whatever I wanted from a corner store or something. Then I started, "Hey lets look for some survivors on the way and any easy to get supplies." I had the feeling I would see somebody I knew out there, afteral everybody knew me on the street even law enforcement.

Where was the government when you needed them?

Shelly's screaming only accomplished one thing. Directing the attention of the zombies to ourselves. Now, they all stumbled around in the street, a good 50 ft. away from us, but they began to inch their way forward. "Dammit Shell! We need to get back to the building!" She stood apparently scared, gaping at the corpse behind me. "C'mon..." I grabbed her arm and began to walk back to the station. "No!" She she pulled away to continue to rummage for her keys, but after a few seconds it was apparent that they weren't in her purse. "I must have dropped them somewhere..." she dropped to the ground and began to sweep under her car. "God..." I said the only sensible thing I could "We are in serious fucking danger. If you aren't coming back into the building than I am" I began to back up. She apparently wasn't listening. She might have been in some kind of shock, and the safest thing wouldn't be to leave her out there alone, but if she wasn't coming, I wasn't getting myself killed over it. She didn't even glance back as I headed back in.

jamhorner wrote:

OCC: I got an idea, to get Stachii in here we can find him along the way to the radio station. We'll be driving and find him like Beer said in a bus or on the street. How does that sound?

(OOC: I like buildings better. wink )

How the hell did this happen? How the hell should I know?

Today started off as a normal day. A normal breakfast, a normal shower, a normal bus ride to work, and a normal lay off from that job. Everything was as it should and usually was. That job at the radio station as janitor blew anyways. So I had the rest of the day to spare, and it wasn't even lunch yet.

I decided to spend it kicking back on top of the abandoned apartment complex just across the street from my latest failure at work. Found myself a lawn chair, and a soda from the vending machine at the radio station, playing some tunes on an old boom box, and watched the clouds go by. That is, until the music stopped.

At first, I thought it was just a technical difficulty. But Mick's, the radio "DJ", voice sounded distressed and on the verge of insanity. Crying something about cannibal corpses eating Dan. Too convincing and too early in the year to be his Halloween gag. I lifted my sunglasses and peaked over the roof to look at the station, dropping my soda upon seeing it.

Windows were busted in, and a mob of people surrounding the area. Too many to count, but not so much to say I was the only one left in town. Most of them were soaked in blood. Was this a riot? Good thing I got fired when I did. Wait, no. Even a angry mob knew to stop when the majority of their mass were missing...limbs? Flesh? I nearly gagged when I realized those were people's guts in the storm drain

Before I had the chance to do anything, something started banging on the door to the roof I was on. I panicked barricaded the door with whatever I could find. Which was: A lawn chair, a boom box, and myself. "This isn't happening, this isn't happening." I kept telling myself. And I kept there, even as all hell was breaking loose, trying to get to my little piece of heaven known as the roof, and all I could do was wait. Wait for hell to take me, or for some sort of salvation.

Either would do to get out of this.

(OOC: Well, there's my first post. If anything really needs to be changed for the sake of continuity, just say so.)

Last edited by Satchii (2008-08-25 19:47:20)

The fuel was low in the chainsaw so gracefully lent to me and i knew that he would probably think i was a zombie unless he heard some skilled weapons being wielded. I kept a good grip while lowering it upon the skulls of the zombies. I always loved that scene from Scarface and this was just like it.

"Its a survivor, im gonna cut this door down open up", nobody responded and i could hear more zombies closing in, so I tore into the door like i was in 'The Shining'. Dude was shaken, he didn't know what to do. "Hey man, can you handle yourself? Get your ass downstairs and get some real weapons and leave the boombox to distract the zombies, put in a cd and press repeat"

OOC: I been swamped lately and hopefully we will get more people in on this so it isnt just us 5 goin back and forth...anybody want to do a chainsaw massacre on a bitch?

any1 still playing?

OC: I guess ill jump in now...

Jason sat in the far corner of the upstairs media room. He opened his eyes and blinked. He figured that it was almost time to leave this shithole. He was just sitting in his dorm room when his roommate stumbled in. He let out a low moan and lurched for Jason. He was most likely high and drunk as usual. Jason shrugged and went back to reading his book. When hiss roommate finally reached him he grabbed Jason by his arm and lowered his head with a snarl.
   Jason delived a well powered punch to his roommates shoulder causing him to stumble away. "Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you? Im trying to read man." His roommate ignored him and began his advancment on Jason again. Jason put his book down and stood up. He was pissed now, his roommate would always come back from some party and distrupt his study time.
     This was the finall staw. "Dude I am fucking sick of you okay? Take another step and I'm going to lay your ass out. Got it?" But he ignored Jasons warning and took another step. Jason pulled his arm back and let loose a right hook that would knock any one off there feet. His roommate fell backwards and growled. He slowly got to his feet and snarled at Jason. "Okay what the fuck is wrong with you?" Jason delivered a brain rattling jab and shattered his roommates nose. "Back the fuck off!" He looked at his roommate and glanced at his right shoulder.
       There was a huge bloody bite mark and cuts all over. "Are you okay man?" Jason asked as he took a cautious step back. His roommate lunged for Jason's neck but met the bottom of Jasons boot. His roommate stumbled backwards and smacked against the window. The glass shattered on impact and Jasons roommate fell backwards plummeting to the ground from the fith story. Jason ran to the window and glanced out. He spotted his roommate sprawled on the ground surrounded by shattered glass and blood.
    "OH FUCK! Hes dead and I killed him!" Just then Jasons roommate stirred. "Oh thank god! Hey man you okay?" Jason called out as his roommate got on all fours. Then he slowly stood and began lumbering towards a curious young lady who had seen the whole ordeal. He wrapped his arms around her and took a bite out of her neck. She let out a horrid scream and began to attempt to beat him off. But he alread had her in a death lock. That was a while ago though. Now he found himself sitting in a really expesive looking home full of really expesive looking things. He found the family munching on the package boy on the porch.
      He used four shots to clear up the mess. Now he was left with two bullets left in his 9mm which he managed to snag of a dead cop... well sorta dead... Now he was sitting in the media room with an old CQB radio trying to contact someone. Just then as he switch to another channel he heard a very distressed sounding man broadcasting his postion. He switched on the transmitter and began speaking in a calm voice. "Listen man, if you are still there please respond. I repeat please respond."

Last edited by Demented Yeknom (2010-07-11 05:41:14)

oc: ok hear goes

Jhon sat in the hole he had dug the night before. He was listing the reasons not to go into town, when an explosion rattled the night. It had come from the old burnt-out gas station, it had been months sense he had heard noise from town. It whould be an hour before the sun comes up he though. ”Cody be their soon sun up come be hear... Food be....Miss them we do Cody..¨ Jhon pulls him self out of his hole and heads down the creak path to an abandoned construction sight. ¨ Careful now Cody thay like cold dirt.¨ His shadowy figure scuries  throw the tipped over tractors and burnt-out ot trucks, to the edge of the empty lot behind the old gas station.
   Their where fires just on the far side of the burnt-out building, Jhon sat at the edge of the empty lot scaning the area for movement. The sun was just starting to rise when Jhon say it movement. ¨ Stay Cody whate soon go..¨
   Several hours pass as Jhon watches the figure that seems to stair at the same spot, Jhon moveies closer to the odd figure and notices its a tall man hunced over. Jhon watches for a while longer, then he approachies ¨ Hay man i..¨