Topic: French Film Frontieres

I really enjoyed this movie and I feel that the French is kicking our ass when it comes to Horror. Although,  this movies recycles American Classics like TCM, People under the stairs,  and traces of Hill have Eyes,  it still remains fresh and well paced to keep you entertained. I loved the blood splatter and the twist and turns. It's a predictable story, but a fun ride.

Re: French Film Frontieres

Just dl'ed it earlier tonight - can't wait to watch this.

Also, I think it's funny that the French are suddenly putting out badass horror films - I don't even know why I find that amusing....

i ordered this movie last night and cant wait to get it, it sounds awesome as hell big_smile

Frontier(s) is a good movie. In my opinion, the best ADHF movie to come out of the 2nd annual fest. But with a very close second place The Deaths of Ian Stone.

thanks for the heads up boogie86. just threw it in my queue.

hybrid moments wrote:

thanks for the heads up boogie86. just threw it in my queue.

This was released in the theatres May 9th and then released May 13th. I don't think it was released in the theatres but who knows. All i know is that i got my copy a week before May 13th and it is also part of the 2nd annual After Dark Horrorfest, which is the last of the ones that was released but wasn't part of the line-up that were all shown in the theatre.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Frontier(s) is a good movie. In my opinion, the best ADHF movie to come out of the 2nd annual fest. But with a very close second place The Deaths of Ian Stone.

I'll second that, The Deaths of Ian Stone was pretty fucking awesome.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

It wasnt part of ADHF.  It was going to be but it was pulled because they couldnt swing an R rating in time and they felt it deserved to be seen in it's original uncut form.

but what i dont get it is, why cant they release an NC 17 movie? it can make money, there are plenty of 18+ movie goers

i thought Frontier(s) was "ok".  I think Inside was waaaayyyy better imho

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

but what i dont get it is, why cant they release an NC 17 movie? it can make money, there are plenty of 18+ movie goers

Its not so much the studio as it is the theaters.  Not many theaters wanna take on an NC-17 film.  Many chains even have policies against it.

stick it with an R...the movie cant be that bad (i got it in the mail today will watch it tomorrow) i mean, Sex and the City has Sarah Jessica Parker's face in it and that got an R

i mean, Sex and the City has Sarah Jessica Parker's face in it and that got an R

lol KtFB you almost made me ruin my keyboard w/ a mouth full of soda. very funny lol

I just got finished watching it and it was a good movie but not as good as High Tension and films like Storm Warning, Inside, and Saw.

i watched it last night and i really liked it.

***SPOILERS***

i told my mom about the scene where the cannibals cut the guy's ankle so he wouldnt run away, and how they said slavemasters used to do that to their slaves, and she said "wow, those  have built in history lessons. but i dont think having the back of his ankle cut mattered to that guy, he was killed. the slaves had to work"

I reviewed this film a couple of days back.  I enjoyed it as well even though I preferred Inside. 

http://horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_4434.htm

i really enjoyed this film too. Inside was better, but still, both are great.

i watched it last night and i really liked it.

***SPOILERS***

i told my mom about the scene where the cannibals cut the guy's ankle so he wouldnt run away, and how they said slavemasters used to do that to their slaves, and she said "wow, those  have built in history lessons. but i dont think having the back of his ankle cut mattered to that guy, he was killed. the slaves had to work"

Yeah, see I didn't get that either. If you cut someone's achilles tendon they can't walk......so how were they suppose to work then lol from what the nazi father was saying.:lol:

This movie was BADASS!..........and it's not just because it's gory, this new wave of French AND European horror films are just so well crafted, well acted, the lighting is phenomenal (a pet peeve of mine)......they just kick the ass of 99% of all the Hollywood crap with bad plastic, super white teeth, too good looking actors that they put in their bombs. . where as the French use great actors with REAL faces, . . . so refreshing. There are always one or two moments in each film that make me cringe too. . ."Sheitan" was the same way. Let's hope they keep up the trend and not change their formula of putting GREAT film making first, before all else.

ya I enjoyed this film alot altho I watched Inside the same nioght so it kinda paled in comparision IMO.  Inside is just so messed up and original I loved it.